What to Do If You’re in Car Crash: 5 eBook Must-Haves
A car crash hurts you emotionally and physically, so it’s the last thing you want to experience. But what would you do when you get involved in one?
When it happens, injuries can be severe and emotions high. If possible, there are certain things you need to do to ensure safety and prep for any litigation and insurance claim. This post is going to help you understand the necessary steps to take during a car accident.
Read on to learn more.
Safety Comes First
The first step is to ensure that everyone involved in the crash is safe. Check for injuries and call 911 for an ambulance if necessary. If the vehicles can run, you need to move them off the road. Make sure you take photos before and after moving them.
If it’s not possible to move the vehicle, just place a road sign to warn other drivers using the road. Also, ensure everyone is in a safe area.
Call the Police
Even in a minor car crash, calling the police is important. You want a police accident report, especially when dealing with your insurance company.
Try as much as possible to provide the police with all the relevant information. Experts recommend avoiding blaming others or admitting fault. Instead, you should let the police make their own judgment basing on events that led to the crash.
You can also file a vehicle accident report with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) if the police fail to show up at the scene. The report can also be used by your personal injury lawyer.
Stay at the Scene
After calling the police, don’t leave the scene unless you have a serious injury that requires medical attention.
If you leave the scene when a person is injured or killed, you can be indicted for a hit-and-run. Plus, you also need to be available to ensure the police have all the necessary information. These details are necessary when writing the report, too.
Staying at the scene will also make it easier for your Craig Swapp lawyer to build a solid case.
If the case advances to litigation, your car accident attorney will need substantial evidence and information to support the case.
Take the time to talk to witnesses to know what they saw. If possible, ensure to record the conversations with the witnesses. Get their numbers, names, and addresses, too.
Ensure you have taken pictures of all the damages to our car. The insurance adjuster will need them to determine the amount of your compensation. It will also be great if you have before the crash photos.
Call our Insurance Company
It’s advisable to let your auto insurance company know that you have been involved in a car crash. Work with them to let them understand what happened and provide the crash report. This is important especially if you were at fault.
If the other car driver was at fault, you have the option of calling their insurer. Alternatively, you can allow your insurance company to file the claim on your behalf.
Always Be Prepared for a Car Crash!
An accident can happen anytime, so it’s wise to know the necessary steps to take when it happens. Do not sign any document unless it’s your insurance agent or police issuing it.
Your vehicle registration, ID and other personal documents should always be in the glove box or center console. This will prevent them from getting lost during the car crash. Having a safety kit is usually handy, too.
Do you have any thoughts? Let’s know in the comments.
- 10 Must-Know Tips for Buying a Used Car
- 9 Auto Apps Every Car Owner Needs In Their Life
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks Down
- 5 Safety Tips Every Motorcyclist Should Know
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion