Top 7 Apps for People Over 40
Are you entering or already living in what we deem as the “middle age” phase? It’s possible that you may not be as tech-savvy as some of the younger generations.
Apps are a modern technology that has exploded in the last couple of decades. People are now reliant on their phones more than ever. So why not take advantage of all of this new technology?
There is an app for everything, with hundreds and thousands of new ones coming out daily. Once you hit 40, your needs and preferences may have changed. Read on for a list of the top 8 apps everybody over 40 needs to use.
Cozi is your one stop to keeping track of multiple schedules in one place. This is useful if your family has several members. This app can also be particularly helpful if you are someone who requires the assistance of a caregiver.
The app allows you to have shared color-coded calendars and also gives you an option to set reminders for yourself or other members of the group.
Medisafe is an app that is great for those over 40 who take medication. The app gives you a pill reminder notification that makes sure you never miss a dose or mistakenly double up.
According to a study from the NCBI, approximately 50% of patients do not take their medications as prescribed. This app can help solve that problem by providing daily reminders.
Glasses is a handy app that basically turns your phone into a digital magnifier and mirror. This can be very useful for those whose eyesight may be changing with age since it can magnify fine print up to 12x.
The app is very easy to use. By simply double tapping or swiping, you can control the app. If you want to see what strength reading glasses you may need, you can take this test.
For those over 40, you may have noticed that your mind may not be moving as quickly as it used to. The Peak app includes 40 games developed to challenge your cognitive skills.
These brain games are a great way to challenge yourself and keep your mind quick. Your brain needs exercise too! These games exercise your attention, memory, problem-solving, mental agility, creativity, and other skills.
Any.do is a great reminding app. From grocery lists to appointments for the week, this app will organize your schedule. There are options to send a text or sound an alarm as a reminder.
Of course, you have to remember to set them in the first place, but once you get the hang of it, you will see how much it helps your personal organization.
My Fitness Pal
Fitness tracking apps may not be your favorite. Often times, people feel like it is technology’s way of shaming you. However, a better way of looking at these apps is that they are helping you stay healthy.
As you get older, exercise becomes more and more important to your health. My Fitness Pal is a great fitness app that records and analyzes what you consume, measure your steps per day, and track your sleep.
Omnio is a medical app that can give you some insight on why you aren’t feeling so hot. You can use this app to look up different symptoms, how to treat or keep up with the latest medical news.
Over 40 and Ready to Be Up-to-Date in the App World?
It may seem overwhelming to keep up with all of the new apps that swarm the market on a daily basis. However, using all this new technology to your advantage can make your life easier and more comfortable.
Although you are getting older, you can customize these apps to the new needs and preferences in your life.
Looking for more ways to be as knowledgeable as your younger friends about technology? Check out our technology page. We’ve got lots of information to keep you current.
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing Code
- The 5 Best Investment Apps For Amateur Investors
- The Best Dating Apps for Divorced Singles
- The 7 Best Medical Apps You Need In Your Life
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion