Is CBD Oil an Effective Anxiety Treatment?
Anxiety can be all-encompassing, and those suffering are constantly searching for a way out. Is CBD oil an answer? We’re sharing what you need to know here.
Anxiety is hard to deal with, isn’t it?
If you’re dealing with anxiety on a daily basis, you know how much of a challenge it can be.
You go through your day like normal. You go to work. You complete your assignments.
A sudden sense of terror or worry. Your heart beats faster and faster. You become sweaty. You wonder if you’re having a panic attack.
And you have no idea why it’s happening.
You’re not alone. As a matter of fact, about 40 million adults suffer from anxiety disorders each year.
You may think it’s impossible to find a solution. But what if it wasn’t?
People have tried numerous remedies. Some work, some don’t. But there are alternatives.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is one such alternative. It’s been proven to help mitigate the effects of anxiety. This post will discus the impact of anxiety and how CBD can help.
What Is Anxiety?
So what exactly is anxiety? We hear this word often, but many people don’t know the actual definition of the word.
Anxiety itself is actually a good thing. It prevents us from entering into dangerous situations. It can push us to work harder. But when anxiety is experienced more than normal, it can have seriously negative effects.
For the purposes of this post, when I refer to anxiety, I’m referring to Generalized Anxiety Disorder.
Generalized Anxiety Disorder is different from the “normal” type of anxiety we feel when we’re dealing with a stressful situation. It’s an unrealistic and excessive fear that comes about even when there’s no reasonable cause for it. It’s a serious mental illness that can interfere with your daily life.
Anxiety is characterized by intense feelings of worry and fear that are constant. These feelings can become overwhelming and in some cases, disabling. When you experience episodes every day, it can restrict you from performing your normal daily tasks.
However, anxiety disorder does not have to have a debilitating effect on your life. If you can recognize the signs, you can seek treatment and get it under control
There are different types of anxiety disorder:
- Panic disorder: You have sudden feelings of terror that come without any apparent trigger. You might experience chest pain, palpitations, and sweating. It causes you to feel as if you’re having a heart attack.
- Social anxiety disorder: You feel a sharp sense of worry and fear in normal social situations.
- Specific phobias: You experience intense fear of a particular situation or object. The fear you experience is greater than the normal amount of fear one may have in the same situation.
The causes of generalized anxiety disorder are not fully understood. There could be many different factors that cause it. There are studies that show that genetics and family history could be a contributor. Other potential causes are brain chemistry and environmental triggers.
Nobody experience anxiety the exact same way. There are numerous symptoms that a person can experience.
- Unreasonable feelings of panic.
- Inability to be still.
- Dry mouth.
- Numbness and tingling.
- Muscle tension.
If you find that you experience any of these symptoms on a regular basis, it’s possible you could be dealing with an anxiety disorder.
What Are Its Affects?
The potential impacts of generalized anxiety disorder are numerous. It can have a detrimental effect on your everyday life. When you’re experiencing the symptoms listed above on a regular basis, it can prevent you from functioning in a healthy way.
It can keep you from doing your work efficiently. It can make it more difficult to perform well in school. It can hamper your ability to enjoy social activities. It can put a strain on your relationships.
Depending on the severity of the disorder, it can cause the person to become incapacitated when they’re having an episode.
Constant anxiety attacks are often accompanied by unhealthy self-medicating behaviors.
- Drug abuse.
- Anorexia nervosa.
When a person resorts to self-medicating in order to deal with the anxiety, it can make the problem worse. The negative consequences of self-medicating can actually cause the person to feel more anxiety in the long run.
Fortunately, there are ways to treat anxiety. Therapy and medication are the two most common ways to help you mitigate the symptoms of anxiety. One such treatment is Cannabidiol.
What Is CBD?
Cannabidiol is a phytocannabinoid. It’s a subclass of cannabinoids derived from hemp plants. In the 19th century, hemp plants were used as a source of fiber. It was used to make seed oil. Hemp is the biggest source of commercial CBD extracts.
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabis compound that can be used to treat a variety of health issues. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t make you feel “high.” It’s a non-psychoactive medication, which means it does not affect your mind or mental state. CBD is most commonly used by people who want to alleviate pain, psychosis, seizures, spasms, anxiety, and other harmful conditions.
There has been much research done on the effects of CBD. It has been found to be an effective treatment for many different health issues.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
As you can see, CBD has many uses. It can greatly help those who suffer from generalized anxiety disorder.
CBD As A Treatment
In your brain, you have cannabinoid receptors. These receptors are responsible for synthesizing and cannabinoids. They are located in the part of the brain that control emotional behavior.
This part of the brain controls:
This is the part of the brain that cannabidiol affects. When these receptors are activated, it lowers your heart rate. It also reduces anxiety and panic. It suppresses the “fight or flight” response that we have when we have an anxiety episode.
In one study, researchers looked at the effects of CBD on stress. In order to make its subject feel stress, they had them perform a simulated public speaking test. A small dose of CBD was shown to reduce symptoms of anxiety. Later studies showed that CBD created a marked decrease in cognitive impairment and speech performance.
CBD is a highly effective way for people with anxiety to minimize their symptoms. It can keep your anxiety from overwhelming you throughout your day. Currently, CBD does not have any known side effects.
If you’re dealing with anxiety, there is hope. There are numerous ways to treat this mental disorder. It doesn’t have to control your life.
If you try CBD, you will see that it makes a huge difference in how you deal with your symptoms. If you would like to know more about CBD, click on the following link: http://shop.medicalmarijuanainc.com/hemp-cbd-oil
- Top 10 Health and Wellness Lifestyle Apps
- 5 Incredible Uses for CBD Oil
- 9 Ways To Eliminate Chronic Body Pain
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Smile
- How to Find the Right Digital Marketing AgencyYou don't want to hire just any company to handle your digital marketing needs. Here you'll discover how to find the right digital marketing agency.
- Top 10 Health and Wellness Lifestyle AppsTaking care of your mind and body should be a way of life in this fast-paced world. Check out our picks for the 10 best wellness lifestyle apps you need to try.
- 5 Investment Apps Every Investor Needs To DownloadWhether you're a new investor or a seasoned veteran, there are certain tools that will make your life easier. Here are 5 investment apps every investor needs.
- 5 Incredible Uses for CBD OilThe use of CBD oil is becoming more and more popular and with the rise in popularity has come the discovery of multiple amazing uses for the oil.
- 10 Smart Home Devices and Appliances That Will Change the Way You LiveSmart home devices and appliances are revolutionizing the way we live. Check out this article about 10 of these devices to give your home a major upgrade!
- 9 Tools You Need for Online Reputation ManagementIf you find managing your brand's online reputation important, then check out this guide. Here you'll find 9 essential tools for online reputation management.
- Is Honeyfund the Way to Honeymoon Savings?Asking wedding guests to help fund the honeymoon has become somewhat of a controversial topic. Find out if it's your pathway to honeymoon savings.
- What’s the Best Free CAD Software of 2018?Made a resolution to improve your CAD skills? The best part is that you don't have to pay a dime! Here is the best free CAD software of the new year.
- 5 Creative Marketing Ideas That Will Get Your Brand NoticedTo create an unforgettable brand for your target consumer, some creative marketing is needed. Check out this article for 5 ideas that will do just that!
- Top 5 Real Estate Coaching Programs OnlineHow do you go from being an agent into a six-figure real estate pro? You need serious real estate coaching. Here are the 5 best programs to advance your career.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion