How to Choose the Best Kitchen Appliances
From Smeg’s incredible collaboration with Dolce and Gabbana to Marc Newson’s stunning range of toasters and tea kettles, kitchen appliances are no longer serving a purpose — they’re also making a statement.
Whether you’ve just redone your kitchen and are looking for an upgrade, or if you’re interested in connecting with your inner Julia Child, you need options that combine form and function.
However, buying the right appliances is seldom as easy as it looks.
There are lots of hidden factors that you’ll need to take into consideration when making your decision.
Need a little help in getting it right?
If so, then keep on reading our appliance buying guide.
Consider The Cost
Of course, the most important thing to keep in mind when you’re putting together a plan for your kitchen appliances is your budget.
Especially if you gravitate towards expensive materials and brand names, the cost of appliances can add up pretty quickly. Before you know it, you’ve spent so much that you can’t afford to finish installing that backsplash tile.
To help keep you in check, keep in mind that your appliance budget should be between roughly 8-10% of your overall remodeling budget.
Chances are, this number is a lot lower than you anticipated.
However, it’s ok to select a few “investment appliances” — especially if they’ll actually help you to keep costs down in the end.
For example, consider investing in steel appliances, which are more durable and resistant to staining and rust. Think about whether it would be financially smarter to invest in an electric or gas stove, depending on how much you actually cook at home.
Would going over budget to invest in smart appliances, which may ultimately help you to save on electricity and water costs, be a wise move?
These are all crucial things to think about when defining your budget.
Read The Consumer Reviews
So, you’ve fallen in love with a variety of kitchen appliances — though that love is mostly based on looks alone.
We get it.
It’s incredibly easy to get distracted by beauty and completely ignore the more important things, like overall functionality and the amount of space an appliance will take up on your countertops.
(Speaking of, let’s take this opportunity to remind you of taking as many exact measurements as possible before investing in any appliances.)
Luckily, the good news is that you’re likely not the only person who has ever been interested in these appliances. And you can rely on the reviews of dozens, possibly even hundreds, of past consumers to determine whether or not the appliances you’re considering truly live up to the hype.
For example, these ice maker reviews outline the pros and cons of some of the most popular ice makers on the market. They also detail the different features, give the dimensions of the machines, and compare them to other bestselling brands.
When it comes to reviews, there’s really no such thing as “too thorough.”
Think About What You Really Need
When you’re shopping for kitchen appliances, it’s incredibly easy to allow your eyes to be too big for your stomach — or at least, for your countertops.
In order to determine what you actually need, and what you can find a way to live without, think about the meals you like to cook the most.
Do you need a stand mixer because you love making cookies for your neighbors, or do you just vow to make this the year that you actually try to make gingerbread, only to put it off yet again?
How often do you toast bread, microwave a bowl of oatmeal, make tea on the kettle or use your toaster oven?
These are all things to take into consideration to help you understand what your essentials actually are. Plus, the less you spend on appliances, the more you’ll have leftover to dedicate to the rest of your interior decor and design.
When In Doubt, Stay Neutral
So, you’ve outlined a thorough budget, you’ve figured out which appliances you truly do need, and you’ve even read a few reviews of the frontrunners.
Now, it’s time to think about the tones, materials, and colors that you’ll choose.
We know that it can be tempting to go for the latest trend, the most over-the-top pattern, or the sleekest design of the moment.
However, especially if you don’t plan to renovate your kitchen once every three years, you need to design with longevity in mind. After all, no one wants a kitchen that will look outdated by the time it’s finished being installed.
For best results, we suggest sticking to more neutral colors like brown, black, white, or silver/chrome.
Keep in mind that it’s totally possible to liven up your kitchen with bold prints and patterns in other ways. Save the crazier designs for your curtains, your placemats, and your decorative dishes instead.
Which Kitchen Appliances Will You Choose?
We hope that this post has helped you to figure out how to choose the best kitchen appliances for your home.
Remember, it’s all about neutral shades, setting a firm budget, knowing what you need, and reading online reviews to make sure the appliances you’re thinking about are actually worth it.
Looking for more home and kitchen decor advice?
Want to access manuals and guides that will help you to go the DIY route when it comes to setting up your appliances and upgrading your kitchen?
We’re here to help.
Spend some time on our website and blog to access ebooks, articles, and guides about everything decor.
- 6 Signs It’s Time For Driveway Resurfacing
- 3 Qualities to Look for in a Great Access Door
- Everything You Need to Know About Hardwood Decking
- The Ultimate Guide to Content for Your Parenting Blog
- 8 Fashion Apps You Need To Download NowDo you like to keep up-to-date with the latest fashion trends? Here are the 8 fashion apps you need to download now to inspire your newest look.
- The Ultimate Guide to Content for Your Parenting BlogDo you have a case of writer's block with your parenting blog? Check out this guide so that you will never run out of ideas again.
- 8 Sexy Apps You Need To Download NowAre you feeling a little frisky, but find yourself sitting on your couch with nothing to do? Check out these 8 sexy apps you need to download now!
- The Best Dating Apps for Divorced SinglesYou said goodbye to your former spouse a while ago, […]
- Essential Tips for Customer Service OutsourcingCustomer service outsourcing is an ongoing debate for […]
- The 7 Best Medical Apps You Need In Your LifeDid you ever think you could use your smartphone as a […]
- 5 Social Media Stocks to Buy NowAre you a complete newbie to investing? Start with the products and services you know and love. Here are the five hottest social media stocks to buy right now.
- 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own a MultimeterIf you are stocking up your toolkit, you shouldn't forget the multimeter! Check out this article for 10 reasons why everyone should own a multimeter!
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion