Are You Still Buying These Common SEO Myths?
SEO is dead. Or is it?
Every year it seems, some “gurus” come out of the woodworks to tell us that SEO efforts are no longer relevant.
Yet Google and other search engines continue to draw metrics from good, solid SEO tactics.
Even though Google themselves have told us not to rely so heavily on SEO, 72% percent of marketing professionals still consider fundamental SEO, like relevant content creation, to be the key to their success.
And with Google still producing 86% of all US organic search visits, ranking organically is still just as effective as ever.
So, what are the common myths about SEO that keep popping up year after year?
SEO Is Dead
SEO isn’t dead, but the way it’s done keeps changing.
Today, you can’t keyword stuff and get away with it. Google will certainly not hesitate to penalize your website.
This doesn’t mean keywords are no longer essential for SEO.
As content marketing grows from good to great, keywords will also continue to be a major driving force behind how web pages get ranked in search engine result pages (SERPs).
You just need to make sure you’re doing it right!
Link Building Is Pointless
Andrew Lipattsev, the Search Quality Senior Strategist at Google Ireland, responded bluntly when asked what the two major factors Google still uses to rank pages are: “Content and links pointing to your site.”
We already knew that, but the question keeps coming up from time to time.
The reason is, there are still too many SEOs out there clogging up the web with 1000s of irrelevant backlinks.
These are the “bad” SEO guys out there exchanging a few bucks for a hundred backlinks from obscure sites.
SEO professionals know better, but the average website owner may still believe that a link is a link, regardless of the source. How far from the truth that is!
Only highly relevant, natural linking methods will push your site higher up in search rankings. Anything else is a waste of time and money.
SEO Is Too Expensive
Is good SEO costly?
It can be… from a certain perspective. But what’s the long-term value you’re getting from it?
New clients entering into an SEO contract are often expecting instant returns.
SEO is a long-term, but once it lights up, you will earn big rewards.
The trouble is, 30 days after paying an agency to get the ball rolling, the site owners start to get nervous: “Where’s my return on investment?”
Despite good reporting and reassurance from a qualified SEO expert, it remains a hard message to convey: Your dollars will pay off in the long run.
Contrast that with 30-90 days of DIY SEO, and nothing tangible is coming your way. How many hours did you waste?
When you really stop and think about it, a qualified SEO expert is worth every penny!
As long as SEO exists, myths will always be there.
But as evidence shows, you should not buy into them.
Sure, SEO can be a hard nut to crack and keeping up with the updates can be tiring, but it does work!
- How to Find the Right Digital Marketing Agency
- What Are The Benefits Of Giving Away Freebies And Samples?
- 5 Foolproof Photoshoot Poses
- 4 Things You Need to Know About Remarketing Strategies
- How to Find the Right Digital Marketing AgencyYou don't want to hire just any company to handle your digital marketing needs. Here you'll discover how to find the right digital marketing agency.
- Top 10 Health and Wellness Lifestyle AppsTaking care of your mind and body should be a way of life in this fast-paced world. Check out our picks for the 10 best wellness lifestyle apps you need to try.
- 5 Investment Apps Every Investor Needs To DownloadWhether you're a new investor or a seasoned veteran, there are certain tools that will make your life easier. Here are 5 investment apps every investor needs.
- 5 Incredible Uses for CBD OilThe use of CBD oil is becoming more and more popular and with the rise in popularity has come the discovery of multiple amazing uses for the oil.
- 10 Smart Home Devices and Appliances That Will Change the Way You LiveSmart home devices and appliances are revolutionizing the way we live. Check out this article about 10 of these devices to give your home a major upgrade!
- 9 Tools You Need for Online Reputation ManagementIf you find managing your brand's online reputation important, then check out this guide. Here you'll find 9 essential tools for online reputation management.
- Is Honeyfund the Way to Honeymoon Savings?Asking wedding guests to help fund the honeymoon has become somewhat of a controversial topic. Find out if it's your pathway to honeymoon savings.
- What’s the Best Free CAD Software of 2018?Made a resolution to improve your CAD skills? The best part is that you don't have to pay a dime! Here is the best free CAD software of the new year.
- 5 Creative Marketing Ideas That Will Get Your Brand NoticedTo create an unforgettable brand for your target consumer, some creative marketing is needed. Check out this article for 5 ideas that will do just that!
- Top 5 Real Estate Coaching Programs OnlineHow do you go from being an agent into a six-figure real estate pro? You need serious real estate coaching. Here are the 5 best programs to advance your career.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion