7 Modern Home Improvements That Will Add Value to Your Home
A home is something people take personally because, well, it’s where they live.
Or it’s where they’ve lived.
Either way, your home’s value is tied to two things: the memories you’ll make there, and how good of a building it is, overall.
Whether you’re buying or selling, modern home improvements make your home is a better buy.
There are always improvements to be made on any building, exterior or interior. From a paint job to more advanced smart technology and home security, your options for increasing the sale value of your home are boundless.
So, with so many options available to you, where do you begin?
Join us, today, as we take a closer look at seven innovative opportunities for improving your home, and making it more valuable.
Seven Effective Modern Home Improvements
When it comes to improving your home, it’s the little things that count.
All the thoughtful little ways we improve a house so that living in it becomes easier, more attractive, and fun. These are the types of modern home improvements that can make or break a house’s resale value.
And, with smart technology, better design, and refined finishes, there’s never been a better time to sell your home.
So, with that in mind, let’s start with a classic.
A Fresh Coat Of Paint
Curb appeal is a fairly common term among house sellers.
It refers to the idea that your home’s sale value starts with how good it looks from a distance, or “on the curb”.
And those good looks start with your home’s paint job. If your walls have scuff marks or the standard wear and tear that comes with age, a high-quality paint job is an inexpensive way to bring them back to life.
Research matching color combinations for the outside walls, gutters, and awnings. Then, use neutral colors like off-white and soft grays to paint your rooms, making them look roomier.
With the right combination of colors, you can transform your entire home for a better sale.
Of course, the color of your house isn’t the only factor playing into its curb appeal.
There’s always the question of your lawn.
Hire a professional to trim back your trees and shrubs, prune back dead plants, and mow your lawn. If your grass is patchy or thin in specific areas, you can plant new grass as needed.
Finally, take a leaf blower to your driveway to get rid of grass trimmings.
The effect of professional landscaping will be a refreshed, neatened look that will add to your home’s marketability.
Update Your Window Fixtures
Like a pair of glasses that goes out of style, dated window fixtures can make your home look older than it actually is.
A good rule of thumb is, if you inherited your blinds, drapes or curtains from the owner before you, they could probably stand to be updated.
Look into quaint wooden blinds, plantation shutters, or high-end draperies to bring a touch of modernity and class to your home.
Kitchen And Bath
The two most important rooms in the sale of your home are the kitchen and bathroom.
These two rooms are where the buyer will carry out the most important parts of their day, aside from sleeping. Preparing their meals, and cleaning themselves.
They have to be spotless but, moreover, you should consider renovating these as well. You can start with something as simple as a new coat of paint, as with the outside of your home, and move on to islands and sink fixtures later on.
In your bathroom, look into new hardware and countertops. Wall mounts look better than overhead lamps, and low flow toilets continue to be very popular.
In the kitchen, new tile can add a needed flair, and stainless steel fixtures and appliances create a sleek look that’s hard to turn down.
And, as natural stone looks continue to be a hot seller in the housing market, it makes sense to research a reliable granite company to source your countertops from.
A Backup Power Generator
There are two simple facts when it comes to home electricity. Anywhere you live, there’s no guarantee against power outages. And nobody enjoys spending an evening in the dark.
A practical step you can take to make your home stand out is to invest in a backup power generator.
Maybe you’ve considered getting one for yourself but never committed to the price. This is understandable, but it’s an investment that will put a check in favor of your home when it comes time to sell.
And anything that holds a potential buyer’s attention for even a few minutes longer is worth the effort.
Make Your Basement Better
In real estate, more is almost always better.
Increasing the floor plan of your home is a great way to increase the value of the property as a whole. And one room that remains criminally underused in most homes is the basement.
If you have a basement room, invest money into remodeling it. If you can turn it into a viable bedroom, study or nook, that’s just more reason for somebody to want to live there. If the basement is big enough, you might even consider turning it into an additional apartment.
One of the most exciting developments in real estate and modern home improvements is smart technology.But, if you are going to buy into high tech, it has to be smart.
Audiovisual systems, for instance, lose value at an alarming rate because the technology evolves too quickly.
Certain smart devices, however, can have a positive impact on a home’s value. Nest thermostats link to smartphones and tablets for easy adjustment and can learn your preferences. Smart lighting, door locks, garage door openers and security systems, similarly, add a high degree of value to a home.
Sell More Effectively, With Modern Home Improvements
Making your home better can mean different things to different people.
Ultimately, the more you can do with what you have, the better chance you’ll have of selling your property.
Interested in learning more about modern living, home maintenance, and a range of other fascinating topics? Check out some of our other great articles, and learn how to get the best out of your daily life, today.
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor Ideas
- How To Start A Cleaning Blog For Your Industrial Cleaning Company
- 6 Signs It’s Time For Driveway Resurfacing
- 5 Interior Design Apps That Will Help You Remodel
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion