Looking to Sell Your House Fast? 6 Things to do First
Selling your home can take ages. Sellers can expect to show the home to at least 20 potential buyers before the offers start coming in, and even then it’s not a done deal.
That’s why lots of people look to sell their home quick. You’re busy enough as it is without trying to juggle tons of viewings.
So how can you speed up the selling process? We’ve got a few great tips!
The cleanliness of your home during viewings is crucial. If your home is cluttered or dirty, it will give viewers a negative impression.
If your house is dirty or cluttered, it can actually knock thousands of dollars off of its market value. This means you’ll be waiting longer for an offer you’ll accept.
Minimize the Personal Touches
You may think that having family photos, children’s drawings or other personal decorations will make your home seem more attractive to families. Wouldn’t buyers want to know the home was great for your family?
In actuality, very personal decorations make buyers less interested. They want to imagine themselves in the home while they are viewing it. Seeing pictures of another family breaks this illusion.
Paint It Like a Show Home
Repaint the rooms in your home to be more neutral tones. This makes sure that buyers are focused on the actual rooms, rather than the walls.
Plus, you won’t have to worry about color choices turning off buyers.
A bit of paint also goes a long way when it comes to sprucing up doorframes and runners. Pay special attention to your front door. It will be everyone’s first impression.
Clear Out The Furniture
If your furniture is oversized, or you simply have too much of it, it can make your space seem much smaller.
Reducing the amount of furniture in each room during your viewings can help your home sell faster.
Show Off Your Storage
Resist the urge to hide your clutter away when potential buyers come for a viewing. Buyers are going to be interested in the storage space available.
This means you need to clean and organize all your closets so they are presentable.
Don’t Forget Scent
The way your home smells can have a huge effect on what buyers think of your home.
Make sure that you don’t cook anything that smells too strong before a viewing — no tuna!
The smell of cleaning products is okay, but to really entice buyers you want it to smell homey. Try baking cookies, or lighting a scented candle while you prepare for the viewing.
It’s not just the inside of your home that matters.
Your front yard will be the first thing that buyers see of your home. If they aren’t impressed, they will already be starting the viewing on a negative note.
So make sure that the outside of your home sparkles!
These tips will help you get your home sold faster.
Looking to sell without all the hassle? Good news: we buy houses, Houston!
Get your cash offer today and see how quickly you can sell!
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House Hunters
- 6 Real Estate Blog Monetization Tips You Will Love
- A Simple Guide To Buying A Home With Bad Credit
- 3 Digital Real Estate Marketing Strategies That Work
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion