Looking to Sell Your House Fast? 6 Things to do First
Selling your home can take ages. Sellers can expect to show the home to at least 20 potential buyers before the offers start coming in, and even then it’s not a done deal.
That’s why lots of people look to sell their home quick. You’re busy enough as it is without trying to juggle tons of viewings.
So how can you speed up the selling process? We’ve got a few great tips!
The cleanliness of your home during viewings is crucial. If your home is cluttered or dirty, it will give viewers a negative impression.
If your house is dirty or cluttered, it can actually knock thousands of dollars off of its market value. This means you’ll be waiting longer for an offer you’ll accept.
Minimize the Personal Touches
You may think that having family photos, children’s drawings or other personal decorations will make your home seem more attractive to families. Wouldn’t buyers want to know the home was great for your family?
In actuality, very personal decorations make buyers less interested. They want to imagine themselves in the home while they are viewing it. Seeing pictures of another family breaks this illusion.
Paint It Like a Show Home
Repaint the rooms in your home to be more neutral tones. This makes sure that buyers are focused on the actual rooms, rather than the walls.
Plus, you won’t have to worry about color choices turning off buyers.
A bit of paint also goes a long way when it comes to sprucing up doorframes and runners. Pay special attention to your front door. It will be everyone’s first impression.
Clear Out The Furniture
If your furniture is oversized, or you simply have too much of it, it can make your space seem much smaller.
Reducing the amount of furniture in each room during your viewings can help your home sell faster.
Show Off Your Storage
Resist the urge to hide your clutter away when potential buyers come for a viewing. Buyers are going to be interested in the storage space available.
This means you need to clean and organize all your closets so they are presentable.
Don’t Forget Scent
The way your home smells can have a huge effect on what buyers think of your home.
Make sure that you don’t cook anything that smells too strong before a viewing — no tuna!
The smell of cleaning products is okay, but to really entice buyers you want it to smell homey. Try baking cookies, or lighting a scented candle while you prepare for the viewing.
It’s not just the inside of your home that matters.
Your front yard will be the first thing that buyers see of your home. If they aren’t impressed, they will already be starting the viewing on a negative note.
So make sure that the outside of your home sparkles!
These tips will help you get your home sold faster.
Looking to sell without all the hassle? Good news: we buy houses, Houston!
Get your cash offer today and see how quickly you can sell!
- Why You Should Invest in a Historic House
- Resale Roadblocks: 5 Reasons to Not to Buy a Timeshare
- Should You Invest In a Timeshare?
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House Hunters
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion