5 Ways to Improve Local SEO for Insurance Agents
The insurance field is a multi-billion dollar market, and thanks to the web, it’s easier than ever to find a great agency. In fact, 2 million Google searches occur in just one minute.
That’s a lot of potential opportunity for discovery. However, it also means that, if a proper SEO strategy isn’t in place, people will simply never see most sites.
But focusing on a more localized area is one of the smartest things a business can do. Don’t miss out on new traffic! Here are 5 way to improve local SEO for insurance agents.
Getting SEO For Insurance Agents
1. Make Sure The Agency Is Accessible
An SEO strategy is useless if an agency doesn’t have its contact information listed on the net. Agencies looking to drum up some business should be sure their info is readily available.
And that goes for more than just an agency’s phone number. Make sure that the full business name, hours of operation, phone number, and address are all listed.
Get on Facebook, My Business, Yelp, and just about any other site that seems relevant. These things do matter, as people tend to search businesses before visiting.
Having this contact info listed before the competition’s could bring in a ton of new clients. The more information Google has about a business, the higher it tends to rank it.
2. Create A Gorgeous Site
It isn’t enough for an agency to have a website. It needs to be better than the competition.
But it’s possible to design a great looking site without hiring a web designer. Take a look at some other sites to get a feel for current design trends.
www.insuredasap.com is a great place to start, as their website features a sleek design.
Stop just browsing the web and start looking at it through a designer’s eye. Notice how the contact info is one of the first things visitors see upon visiting Insured ASAP’s site. Simple tactics like that can make a difference.
3. Use Local Content
One of the easiest ways to boost one’s visibility is simply by using more localized terms. This is because Google tends to prioritize local businesses. For instance, if someone in San Francisco searches a term — even a general one — they’d get results tailored to that area.
It pays to be niche when it comes to content. Remember how vast the internet is. Filling a site and content with local keywords and region-specific topics is a great way to boost SERPs.
4. Leverage Social Media
When people think of SEO, they likely just think about their website and its relation to Google. The truth is that it’s a bit more complex than that.
Other elements that factor into a site’s SERP, like social media accounts. This is one of the easiest SEO for real estate agents, as most firms already have a page on most social channels.
Be sure to link the website and social channels together. Cross-posting content is a great and free way to get some publicity.
5. Keep Up With Algorithms
Finally, SEO for insurance agents isn’t always going to be easy. Google tends to change its algorithms on a regular basis. In fact, there have been several changes in 2017 alone.
It’s important to keep up with current SEO algorithms, as certain rules may be replaced or altered.
Final Thoughts On SEO For Insurance Agents
SEO for insurance agents is quite a tricky beast to tame. However, if an agency is smart about their web presence, they can easily boost their traffic.
Make sure to follow these steps and never stop learning about Google’s algorithms. The more informed one is, the more manageable SEO will become.
For more great content, be sure to check out the Pligg blog for more great SEO tips and downloads.
- What Are The Benefits Of Giving Away Freebies And Samples?
- 5 Foolproof Photoshoot Poses
- 4 Things You Need to Know About Remarketing Strategies
- 4 Reasons Why You Need a Great Brand Protection Service
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- How To Start A Cleaning Blog For Your Industrial Cleaning CompanyDo you run an industrial cleaning company and need to find a way to attract more business? Read here to learn how to start a cleaning blog for your company!
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion