5 Mistakes to Avoid When You Hire a Web Designer
There are now more than 1.8 billion websites on the internet. That means if you want to grow your business, you need to hire a web designer who can help you stand out.
Unfortunately, not all web developers have the experience and qualifications to do the best possible job for you. Here are 5 mistakes to avoid when you’re hiring your web designer:
1. Deciding Based Soley on Price
The amount you’ll pay your web designer is an important factor when it comes to hiring a web designer. But it shouldn’t dictate which developer you choose without also looking at many other factors.
If you’re creating a website for your business, it’s going to add value to that business, by helping attract leads and customers.
The lowest-priced web designer may not give you a website that meets all of your needs. Of course, a high price doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get high-quality. Make your decision based on many factors, including how communicative the designer is, their portfolio, your timeline, and price.
2. Forgetting About Maintenance and Future Updates
Regardless of how great your new website looks, and how well it is built, it’s going to require maintenance and updates in the future. Most designers will have a plan in place for these services and offer you a package or hourly rate, but you’ll need to check before you get started.
Without ongoing updates, your website will become out of date and ineffective. SEO is continually changing, and potential designers may need to do ongoing optimization. Check out www.s44seoservices.com.au for more information.
3. Not Thinking About Specialities
No two web designers are the same, and that’s great news. If every website was developed with the same methods and design, the internet would be a boring place.
But when you hire a web designer, you need to consider the type of design they specialize in. For the best results, you should choose someone who has a wealth of experience with your type of website or project.
For example, if you’re looking for a website with lots of bells and whistles, it probably doesn’t make sense to choose someone who has a portfolio packed with minimalistic designs.
4. Not Prioritizing SEO
The old days of “build it and they will come” are long gone. You may have the best-looking website in your industry, but if it wasn’t built with SEO in mind, you’re in trouble.
These days, all websites should be built for both customers and search engines. If you’re not familiar with SEO and web design, be sure to ask any potential web designers how they use SEO to make decisions while they’re designing your website.
5. Choosing Based on a “Wow” Factor
Many web designers use techniques and elements like Flash intros when showing potential clients what they can do. These can look amazing, but in many industries, they’ll annoy potential clients and have them clicking back to the search results.
That’s why it’s important to know what you’re looking for in a website before you get distracted by too many bells and whistles. Remember who will be using your website and keep their needs top-of-mind.
Ready to Hire a Web Designer?
As you can see, there are a few key things to remember when it’s time to design your website.
Above all, choose a web designer with a proven record and a portfolio that matches the type of website you’re looking for.
Looking for some more information about web design and development? Check out some of our helpful posts today!
- The Best Wearable Technology of 2017 & What’s To Come In the Future November 17, 2017
- Why a Folding Dog Crate is a Great Option for Your Large Dog November 16, 2017
- 5 Reasons Your Business Should Download In Custom CRM Software November 16, 2017
- 4 Reasons Why You Need a Great Brand Protection Service November 16, 2017
- 7 Songs to Download to Your Bachelorette Party Playlist November 16, 2017
- 10 Novel Ideas for Your Christmas Light Installation (The Neighbors Will Be Jealous) November 16, 2017
- 7 Ways You Can Get Paid to Work from Home November 16, 2017
- What are the Best Travel Apps for iPhone Users? November 16, 2017
- 5 Must-Have Medical Apps for Patients November 16, 2017
- 5 Signs A Loved One Should Contact An Addiction Recovery Center November 16, 2017
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion