5 Home Renovations That Bring in Awesome ROI
Did you know Americans spend over $100 billion every year on home renovation projects?
In 2015, the amount hit $326.1 billion!
This can only mean one thing: homeowners across the country are investing thousands of dollars into their homes.
Whether you are planning a renovation project because you want to sell your home, or you just want to turn it into a dream home, it’s important to consider the return on investment.
You see, home renovation projects are not created equal.
Some will fetch you more bang for your hard-earned bucks, and others will have little impact on your home’s value or curb appeal.
In this post, we’re sharing the top 5 home renovations that will unlock more value from your home.
Let’s dig in.
The number of people who want to live in green homes is increasing by the day.
As a result, greener homes are fetching higher prices in the real estate market.
If your home wasn’t built with ‘green’ in mind from the start, there are renovations you can do – such as fiberglass attic insulation – to enhance its energy efficiency levels.
With increased energy efficiency, your home’s value will shoot up!
Driveway Repair or Replacement
When it comes to selling a home, first impressions matter.
What potential buyers see the moment they enter your gate influences their purchase decisions.
Since driveways typically occupy large chunks of real estate, they greatly improve the value of a property when in excellent condition.
If there aren’t many damages on it, call in a professional to perform repairs. But if it has large holes and cracks, or patches from old repairs are visible, replace the entire thing.
Flooring is one of the top features people look out for when shopping around for a new home.
Even if your home is in a good neighborhood, you may have trouble selling it if the floor isn’t in a perfect state, or isn’t made of the right material.
The vast majority of buyers prefer hardwood flooring, so you should consider installing it. The major drawback is the high cost of acquisition and installation, but it’s an instant customer magnet and adds great value to your home.
Other flooring materials you can consider include laminate, vinyl, and tile.
The kitchen is where the heart of the home is. And where the heart is, great value is bestowed!
When renovating a kitchen, pay attention to modern standards. More and more people are developing a large appetite for large and open kitchens, modern cabinets and storage units and built-in kitchen appliances.
You are probably thinking this reno project will cost you an arm and a leg. Sure, it can cost upwards of $50,000, but your home’s value will increase by double this figure.
Doors and Windows (and Other Minor Renos)
A tidy home is a valuable home.
There are minor renovations that you can implement to make your home look neat and inviting. Fixing or replacing broken doors and windows is a good place to start.
You should also inspect your home thoroughly to find spots or features that need basic repairs or maintenance.
Such minor renos will go easy on your pocket and increase your home’s overall appeal to buyers.
Renovations are part and parcel of owning a home.
Reno projects will not only add to your piece of mind and make your living environment safer, but also pump thousands of dollars into your home’s value.
With these tips, we hope you now know the kind of projects that will bring in an awesome ROI. Good luck!
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor Ideas
- How To Start A Cleaning Blog For Your Industrial Cleaning Company
- 7 Modern Home Improvements That Will Add Value to Your Home
- 6 Signs It’s Time For Driveway Resurfacing
- 9 Ways To Eliminate Chronic Body PainLiving with chronic body pain affects every aspect of your life. Here are 9 things you can do to help ease or even eliminate chronic body pain.
- 10 Ways To Improve Your SmileYour smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Make sure it leaves a good impression. Here are 10 ways you can improve your smile now.
- How to Get the Best Deal on Your Cell Tower LeaseIf you're thinking of taking advantage of a cell tower lease, it's important to know how to get the best deal. Here are the top tips for getting the most value.
- 10 Best Sobriety AppsIn this digital age, you never have to go it alone. Read on to discover the top 10 sobriety apps to help you stay the course, no matter your fight.
- Top 5 Diving AppsYou don't have to be a pro diver to use these diving apps. Check out the best diving apps that will help make your next dives safer and more efficient.
- Types and Benefits of Life Insurance PoliciesAre you aware of the different types of life insurance? Understanding each variation will help you enjoy the many benefits of life insurance policies.
- 8 Unforgettable Things to Do in EnglandIf you're thinking of planning a trip to England, then you won't want to miss this article. Click here to discover 10 unforgettable things to do in England.
- How to Keep Healthy at the OfficeBeing healthy is essential for any productive person, check out this article for tips on how to keep healthy in an office setting.
- How to Combat Slow Download SpeedsAre your downloads taking longer than they should? Click here for a helpful guide on what to do if your computer has a slow download speed.
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion