3 Ways to Boost Digital Downloads for an Ebook Writer
Ebooks are becoming more popular than ever, with Amazon having sold nearly 518k units per day in 2016.
If you’re an ebook writer in a saturated market, the chances of becoming a best-selling author depend on your marketing efforts.
Ebooks are a digital product and sales will often go up or down based on how well you promote yourself and your work on social media.
But boosting your sales doesn’t always include dry marketing tactics. Sometimes, you need to think outside the box to sell your ebooks to a wider audience.
So keep reading to discover how you can increase the number of digital downloads for your ebooks and make more money.
1. Use Your Blog As A Sales Hub
One of the biggest mistakes you can make as an ebook writer is to sell your ebook exclusively on Amazon or similar platforms.
While these are the best way to get your work out there, you’re missing out on a crucial marketing component – your own blog.
To use your blog as a selling tool, first you need to create a sales page for your ebook. This is where you’ll outline what the book is about and the inspiration behind it.
Next, you’ll need to tell your story in your About the Author section. People often buy something because of the story behind it.
Make sure to be honest and straightforward, without making up things or embellishing it for appeal. Simple and easy always seals the deal.
To sell ebooks on your blog, you’ll need to set up an online shop. Another option is to use special programs for this purpose that’ll do the job for you (for a commission).
2. Implement Videos in Your Ebook Marketing
In marketing, visual content works much better than written because people remember it more. So a great way to increase visibility for your ebook is to use videos when promoting it.
It can be a simple book trailer with some images, text, and music to accompany it. This works especially well for non-fiction books.
If you’ve published a novel, for example, an even better alternative is to sit down in front of the camera and talk about what inspired you to write it.
3. Use Your Mailing List
If you have a blog, you’ve probably created a mailing list that you send newsletters to. And if you’re an ebook writer as well, you can use this list to promote and sell your ebooks.
The people on this list are typically regular readers of your blog and love what you do. So you can send them an email presenting your ebooks and offer them some sort of exclusive discount.
This way, you’re still providing the valuable content they expect from you and make a profit in the process.
Become a Big-time Ebook Writer with Our Tips
The process of writing ebooks may come naturally to you, but you need to learn how to sell them in today’s digital era.
Need more digital marketing information?
Check out our marketing blog archive for tons of useful tips!
- The 7 Best Medical Apps You Need In Your Life
- 10 Catchy Topics to Cover on Your Lifestyle Blog
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 6 New Fitness Apps to Keep Track of Your Daily Home Workout in 2018
- The 7 Best Medical Apps You Need In Your LifeDid you ever think you could use your smartphone as a […]
- 5 Social Media Stocks to Buy NowAre you a complete newbie to investing? Start with the products and services you know and love. Here are the five hottest social media stocks to buy right now.
- 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own a MultimeterIf you are stocking up your toolkit, you shouldn't forget the multimeter! Check out this article for 10 reasons why everyone should own a multimeter!
- How to Store Your e-LiquidYou may think you’re a vaping expert. But […]
- Manual: 10 Signs Of an AlcoholicAre you wondering if you or someone you love is an […]
- 5 Reasons Mormon Mothers are Turning to Pain Killer PillsYou’ve heard about the continued Opioid Crisis […]
- Top 10 Tips for Your Nursing ResumeThe world needs more nurses like you, and you know it. […]
- 7 Meditation Techniques For Reducing Daily StressBattling stress can be made much easier by using the […]
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion