Why You Should Invest in Office Team Building
Fostering a healthy workplace is crucial to seeing long term success. Your team members need to form real bonds, not just superficial friendships.
It’s certainly not the easiest thing to accomplish, as many of you already know. Getting people to set aside personal differences and work together takes time and effort.
One great way to start building inter-office relationships is through office team building exercises.
All of those team meetings and roundtable discussions actually have an impact on your office moral.
Investing time in fun team building activities makes all the difference in the long run. Here’s why.
Competition = Motivation
Friendly competition can motivate your staff to strive for success. No one likes to lose, much less to another employee.
Split your office into small teams and set up office milestones. Whichever team sells the most product per month wins!
Not only will everyone stay motivated, but team members can work together to strategize how to improve their sales techniques.
Breaking Down The “Work Barrier”
Too often people come to the office, do their job, and leave. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn’t foster any office friendships.
Take some time to hold open forums where people can talk about their personal lives.
If your workplace condones it, happy hours are actually a great way to break down the stuffy “office” personas many people develop.
A little social lubrication can get people out of their shell and discussing their likes, dislikes, hobbies, and more.
If happy hours aren’t your thing, keeping Friday’s casual also work. Encourage social hours at the end of the week when everyone is in a good mood.
Building Team Spirit
There’s a reason the saying goes “There is no I in team.” People tend to work better when they feel like they’re a part of something bigger.
It’s the same reason professional athletes are expected to form bonds with one another.
Work ethic, office pride, and productivity are all improved when your employees feel like they’re relying on each another to accomplish a goal.
Inclusiveness Breeds Ideas
People do their best work when they feel like their opinion matters. After all, no one’s going to speak up when everything they say is dismissed.
Fostering an inclusive intellectual environment ensures that your office is utilizing all of its resources.
Imagine if someone had a million dollar idea, but was afraid to speak up. That can happen if people aren’t welcoming.
Encourage all of your employees that there is no such things as a bad idea.
Everyone Need A Break
Team building exercises are the time when your employees get to unwind around the office and have fun.
Stressful work environments don’t help anyone focus at best, and at worst stifle creativity.
There’s a reason the Google’s and Apple’s of the world offer laid back work environments.
If you’re on the fence about starting a team building curriculum around the office, don’t wait. Investing in a cohesive office environment will pay for itself in the long run.
- 5 Investment Apps Every Investor Needs To Download
- 9 Tools You Need for Online Reputation Management
- 5 Creative Marketing Ideas That Will Get Your Brand Noticed
- Top 5 Real Estate Coaching Programs Online
- How to Find the Right Digital Marketing AgencyYou don't want to hire just any company to handle your digital marketing needs. Here you'll discover how to find the right digital marketing agency.
- Top 10 Health and Wellness Lifestyle AppsTaking care of your mind and body should be a way of life in this fast-paced world. Check out our picks for the 10 best wellness lifestyle apps you need to try.
- 5 Investment Apps Every Investor Needs To DownloadWhether you're a new investor or a seasoned veteran, there are certain tools that will make your life easier. Here are 5 investment apps every investor needs.
- 5 Incredible Uses for CBD OilThe use of CBD oil is becoming more and more popular and with the rise in popularity has come the discovery of multiple amazing uses for the oil.
- 10 Smart Home Devices and Appliances That Will Change the Way You LiveSmart home devices and appliances are revolutionizing the way we live. Check out this article about 10 of these devices to give your home a major upgrade!
- 9 Tools You Need for Online Reputation ManagementIf you find managing your brand's online reputation important, then check out this guide. Here you'll find 9 essential tools for online reputation management.
- Is Honeyfund the Way to Honeymoon Savings?Asking wedding guests to help fund the honeymoon has become somewhat of a controversial topic. Find out if it's your pathway to honeymoon savings.
- What’s the Best Free CAD Software of 2018?Made a resolution to improve your CAD skills? The best part is that you don't have to pay a dime! Here is the best free CAD software of the new year.
- 5 Creative Marketing Ideas That Will Get Your Brand NoticedTo create an unforgettable brand for your target consumer, some creative marketing is needed. Check out this article for 5 ideas that will do just that!
- Top 5 Real Estate Coaching Programs OnlineHow do you go from being an agent into a six-figure real estate pro? You need serious real estate coaching. Here are the 5 best programs to advance your career.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion