Why You Should Invest in Office Team Building
Fostering a healthy workplace is crucial to seeing long term success. Your team members need to form real bonds, not just superficial friendships.
It’s certainly not the easiest thing to accomplish, as many of you already know. Getting people to set aside personal differences and work together takes time and effort.
One great way to start building inter-office relationships is through office team building exercises.
All of those team meetings and roundtable discussions actually have an impact on your office moral.
Investing time in fun team building activities makes all the difference in the long run. Here’s why.
Competition = Motivation
Friendly competition can motivate your staff to strive for success. No one likes to lose, much less to another employee.
Split your office into small teams and set up office milestones. Whichever team sells the most product per month wins!
Not only will everyone stay motivated, but team members can work together to strategize how to improve their sales techniques.
Breaking Down The “Work Barrier”
Too often people come to the office, do their job, and leave. It’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn’t foster any office friendships.
Take some time to hold open forums where people can talk about their personal lives.
If your workplace condones it, happy hours are actually a great way to break down the stuffy “office” personas many people develop.
A little social lubrication can get people out of their shell and discussing their likes, dislikes, hobbies, and more.
If happy hours aren’t your thing, keeping Friday’s casual also work. Encourage social hours at the end of the week when everyone is in a good mood.
Building Team Spirit
There’s a reason the saying goes “There is no I in team.” People tend to work better when they feel like they’re a part of something bigger.
It’s the same reason professional athletes are expected to form bonds with one another.
Work ethic, office pride, and productivity are all improved when your employees feel like they’re relying on each another to accomplish a goal.
Inclusiveness Breeds Ideas
People do their best work when they feel like their opinion matters. After all, no one’s going to speak up when everything they say is dismissed.
Fostering an inclusive intellectual environment ensures that your office is utilizing all of its resources.
Imagine if someone had a million dollar idea, but was afraid to speak up. That can happen if people aren’t welcoming.
Encourage all of your employees that there is no such things as a bad idea.
Everyone Need A Break
Team building exercises are the time when your employees get to unwind around the office and have fun.
Stressful work environments don’t help anyone focus at best, and at worst stifle creativity.
There’s a reason the Google’s and Apple’s of the world offer laid back work environments.
If you’re on the fence about starting a team building curriculum around the office, don’t wait. Investing in a cohesive office environment will pay for itself in the long run.
- The 5 Best Investment Apps For Amateur Investors
- 4 Adult Toys Every Bold Couple Need in Their Lives
- How the Digital Catalog Could Help the Retail Industry
- 8 Sexy Apps You Need To Download Now
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion