Which Hearing Aid Type is The Right Fit For You
It’s a sad fact of life that hearing loss affects many of us, especially as we grow older. The good news is that new technology is delivering advanced hearing aids and hearing solutions every day.
It’s estimated that around 28.8 million adults in the US could benefit from hearing aids. Yet only 30% of people aged over 70, who experience hearing difficulties, have ever used them. Why is that?
The most likely scenario is that people are unsure what type of device to choose, or they don’t realize what a huge difference having a hearing aid can make to their life.
Many Different Hearing Solutions
It may even be that they purchased hearing aids from a non-specialist vendor and didn’t get the results they hoped for. And there’s a good explanation for that.
There are many different reasons why hearing loss could be occurring, and many different hearing solutions, including surgery. The only way to truly pinpoint and treat the problem is by having a full medical workup of hearing loss.
Only by undergoing a comprehensive diagnostic hearing evaluation can you make an informed choice on which hearing aid type is the right fit for you.
New Technology Brings New Choices
Of course, this choice is affected by other factors, too. For example, age. It’s not just older people who suffer from hearing loss.
Around two to three out of every 1000 children born in the US have hearing problems. And around 15% of Americans aged 18 and over report trouble hearing. So you see there is no one-size-fits-all device when it comes to hearing aids and hearing solutions.
With new technology comes many more choices. And while this is a good thing for the patient, it can make it a little confusing when choosing your device. For example, do you go for an ITC, a CIC, ITE or BTE?
Matching The Solution to Your Lifestyle
Let’s cover that in a little more detail. As mysterious as those all sound, it simply describes whether the hearing aid is fitted into the ear canal itself, into the ear, or behind the ear.
Your choice is determined by the type and level of hearing difficulty you have, your age, your lifestyle, and many other factors.
An ITC – or In-the-Canal device is extremely small, and can offer both hearing and cosmetic advantages. ITEs (In-the-Ear) are a little bigger and might be easier to use. BTEs (Behind-the-Ear) are ideal for children.
Switching From Analog to Digital
In addition, there are hearing aids that use special receivers, and hearing solutions that can be implanted. In short, there are many different solutions to cover many different hearing loss scenarios.
If you are experiencing hearing difficulties, or you are using an old style analog hearing aid, it’s probably time to schedule an appointment with a professional audiologist. Imagine, your whole life could improve by simply switching to a digital hearing aid.
Make That Call Today
These days, the gift of hearing is available to the majority of those suffering hearing difficulties. There are hearing aids and hearing solutions to suit all budgets and conditions, so why continue to suffer in silence?
Just one phone call could have you living life to the full again, in just a matter of days or weeks.
- Top 10 Health and Wellness Lifestyle Apps
- 5 Incredible Uses for CBD Oil
- 9 Ways To Eliminate Chronic Body Pain
- 10 Ways To Improve Your Smile
- How to Find the Right Digital Marketing AgencyYou don't want to hire just any company to handle your digital marketing needs. Here you'll discover how to find the right digital marketing agency.
- Top 10 Health and Wellness Lifestyle AppsTaking care of your mind and body should be a way of life in this fast-paced world. Check out our picks for the 10 best wellness lifestyle apps you need to try.
- 5 Investment Apps Every Investor Needs To DownloadWhether you're a new investor or a seasoned veteran, there are certain tools that will make your life easier. Here are 5 investment apps every investor needs.
- 5 Incredible Uses for CBD OilThe use of CBD oil is becoming more and more popular and with the rise in popularity has come the discovery of multiple amazing uses for the oil.
- 10 Smart Home Devices and Appliances That Will Change the Way You LiveSmart home devices and appliances are revolutionizing the way we live. Check out this article about 10 of these devices to give your home a major upgrade!
- 9 Tools You Need for Online Reputation ManagementIf you find managing your brand's online reputation important, then check out this guide. Here you'll find 9 essential tools for online reputation management.
- Is Honeyfund the Way to Honeymoon Savings?Asking wedding guests to help fund the honeymoon has become somewhat of a controversial topic. Find out if it's your pathway to honeymoon savings.
- What’s the Best Free CAD Software of 2018?Made a resolution to improve your CAD skills? The best part is that you don't have to pay a dime! Here is the best free CAD software of the new year.
- 5 Creative Marketing Ideas That Will Get Your Brand NoticedTo create an unforgettable brand for your target consumer, some creative marketing is needed. Check out this article for 5 ideas that will do just that!
- Top 5 Real Estate Coaching Programs OnlineHow do you go from being an agent into a six-figure real estate pro? You need serious real estate coaching. Here are the 5 best programs to advance your career.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion