The Vending Machine Hack That Makes You Snack Healthier
Do you often feel guilty after chowing down a bag of sour cream and onion chips?
Whether your cravings for salty or sweet snacks inside the vending machine becomes more apparent mid-morning or late afternoon, you know it’s not helping your body.
And it’s no wonder. 85% of what’s offered in vending machines is unhealthy.
That doesn’t leave a lot of room for healthier choices so you’re bound to reach for a chocolate bar or a soda. But what if there’s a vending machine hack out there that’ll settle your unhealthy appetite once and for all?
Read on to find out what it is. Let’s get to it!
The Vending Machine Hack You Need to Use
With slim pickings across the board in terms of healthy choices, it can be impossible to keep up with a good-for-your-body diet. They don’t exactly sell salads in a vending machine now do they?
Of course not! That’s why it’s important to be mindful when you’re staring at one. But what if you gazing hard into a vending machine was the key to eating healthy?
According to Rush University Medical Center, they’ve discovered the key to fighting off temptations for salty, fatty foods.
With easy access to vending machines within the office or the mall, the availability of these high-calorie foods is what drives people to consume more of it.
We want our food as soon as we lay eyes on it. With that being said, it often leads to our demise.
We’re impatient and starving, which makes for a bad combination. Our unwillingness to wait pushes our cravings into hyper drive, making us choose those sweet goods because they’re convenient. We could care less about healthy eating until we’ve devoured that unhealthy treat and feel guilty for doing so.
What leads to less guilt is waiting and being patient. And with that, it ultimately ends up with you making a healthier choice.
Sounds crazy yet simple, right? What’s easy doesn’t always mean it’s secretly impossible.
A 25-second wait is all it takes. In the study, they use vending machines with an LED screen that started a countdown if a student chose an unhealthy snack.
Along with that seemingly long waiting time, most often chose to change their minds to a healthier option because they got it faster. Not all machines will have that fancy countdown technology, which leads on to the next topic.
How Can You Apply This Vending Machine Hack in Real Life?
The way to do it is to either countdown from 25 or 30 seconds in your head or set a timer on your phone. While you’re staring at all the sweet, salty and fatty foods, decide if you really want them or not.
Most likely you’ll end up choosing the healthier snack. And if you do, reward yourself later with a good dessert.
Not all vending machines offer a diverse group of healthy snacks. If you’re wanting to change what your office provides, tell your boss to check out HealthyYou Vending reviews. They offer a wide variety of snacks that’ll please everyone in the office.
We all know the benefits of eating healthy. In a world where unhealthy snacks are more readily available, it can be hard to avoid them.
It’s good to treat your body as a temple, that’s why it’s important to not be thrown off by sugary snacks. Check out our other blog posts for all things health related and ones that aren’t!
- 5 Low-Carb Diet Tips to Keep You Sane
- 7 Best Air Fryers to Try Out
- 6 Dishes Made in Italy You Have to Taste to Believe
- 5 Hemp Cook Books to Download in 2017
- 5 Reasons Mormon Mothers are Turning to Pain Killer PillsYou’ve heard about the continued Opioid Crisis […]
- Top 10 Tips for Your Nursing ResumeThe world needs more nurses like you, and you know it. […]
- 7 Meditation Techniques For Reducing Daily StressBattling stress can be made much easier by using the […]
- 7 Online Tools You Need for Your Side HustleBy the year 2020, it’s expected that at least […]
- Top 20 Apps for Men’s HealthWant to enjoy better health and well-being? Perhaps […]
- Essential Hunting Stuff That Every Badass Hunter NeedsA hunter is only as good as his/her hunting stuff. […]
- How to Choose the Best Kitchen AppliancesFrom Smeg’s incredible collaboration with Dolce […]
- 5 Emerging Healthcare Technology TrendsTechnology is evolving. As new technology emerges, […]
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion