Up Next in Software Development Services: The Age of AI
Siri. Google. Cortana. This is what the masses call artificial intelligence today.
Other programs exist, of course. Machine learning is a huge thing right now. With things like Blippar, Watson,
With things like Blippar, Watson, Google’s Cloud Machine Learning. These are all iterations of artificial intelligence.
Artificial intelligence mostly does tasks related to the internet and information right now. We can ask for information and the computer learns our preferences. It can perform basic tasks. It can play games against us. It can remind us of things. It can recognize images. We can
It can perform basic tasks. It can play games against us. It can remind us of things. It can recognize images.
We can outsource a lot of things to the computer now. Soon, even driving.
But what if we could outsource even the coding of computers to computers themselves? What if software development services went from code monkeys in their offices to servers in Dubai?
Issac Asimov in his robot series predicted that robots would replace humans in many aspects of society. He also predicted that humans wouldn’t be so keen on this transition at first. But what happens when humans are no longer the robot’s creator?
But what happens when humans are no longer the robot’s creator?
1. Humans Will Never Leave Software Development Services
The going theory isn’t that humans will be completely replaced anytime soon in the world of computers. In fact, it seems like we might form an unlikely partnership with computers in the near future.
You see, computers still rely on humans for learning. And even in the near future, like dogs and other domestic animals, computers will still need to be trained to think and create.
We no longer will have to write instructions that a machine follows step by agonizing step. They will connect the dots, so to speak, and create the steps once they’ve learned the basics of the dance.
This, in essence, is already happening. Machine learning, as we mentioned above, does a lot of the internet for us. And, recently, it’s doing some weird things that you probably haven’t thought of yet. Things like diagnosing diseases and disorders just by scanning your face. (No, for real,
And, recently, it’s doing some weird things that you probably haven’t thought of yet. Things like diagnosing diseases and disorders just by scanning your face. (No, for real, check it out, AI can look at your face and figure out what disorders you probably have.)
Instead of coding a computer to recognize a cat or a picture, just show it lots of cat pictures. It now incorporates what it sees with what you’ve told it. That’s how machine learning works.
Just like the human brain, machine learning uses networks all over the globe to process information and learn. And just like the human brain, it needs someone feeding it information to actually learn. Basically, we become the computer’s teacher.
Basically, we become the computer’s teacher.
2. Will Traditional Coding Disappear Completely?
Software development services won’t get rid of coding altogether. Although machine learning is a completely different way of building software and A.I., it will still require a coding scaffolding around which to build the programs.
Just like in Asimov’s robot series, there is fear that humans will no longer be needed for coding.
Today tech jobs that include programming are the top jobs in the world. If you know how to code, you can land a job. It may not be this way ten years from now. When we are training computers to develop software the way we want instead of directly creating software, we won’t need the nerd in his basement.
It may not be this way ten years from now. When we are training computers to develop software the way we want instead of directly creating software, we won’t need the nerd in his basement.
New jobs will probably arise. Who knows, we may even have computer psychologists diagnosing neural network disorders.
3. What New Jobs Will Arise?
To train a computer you need rarified skill. You need a high-level grasp of mathematics and an intuition for pedagogy. It’s not like memorizing how to write code or even as simple as learning a language.
Right now, only a few hundred people know how to train a deep learning computer neural network. Right now those people know how the machine works. But as things become more complicated, the number of people who understand how the software is made will probably shrink to zero.
But as things become more complicated, the number of people who understand how the software is made will probably shrink to zero.
So, we will no longer need people who understand how A.I. works, but we will need people who know how to teach A.I.
A new field will bud and grow. That is the field of A.I. education. We will have to teach A.I. how to build software development services. And, eventually, computers will take over that job. But that is a long way off.
We will have to teach A.I. how to build software development services. And, eventually, computers will take over that job. But that is a long way off.
4. What About Meaning?
Here’s the reason why computers completely replacing humans in software development services is a long way off: Computers can’t provide meaning. Not yet anyway.
Creativity, the real spirit of creativity, what really drives software development, is beyond a machine. It can assemble facts and ideas and mimic human behavior. But it can’t create in the sense that humans can create.
It can’t learn things like empathy or beauty or humor. Not yet. Even aesthetics are currently beyond its grasp.
So, the overall aesthetic design, the emotional appeal behind software development is only a human job. And it will remain a human job for quite some time.
Really, the future of A.I., especially in software development services, is going to be a sort of symbiosis. Machines think differently than us. And that’s ok. Because we have the power to create with soul, and they have the power to compute beyond what we can.
And that’s ok. Because we have the power to create with soul, and they have the power to compute beyond what we can.
A human can’t crunch large amounts of data, but a computer can’t make that data beautiful and meaningful to the human brain.
Right now we aren’t even focusing on the philosophical side of A.I. in software development. We are focusing on automation. Anything that’s boring or repetitive, we’re giving it to computers.
We are focusing on automation. Anything that’s boring or repetitive, we’re giving it to computers.
When we will cross over to giving computers jobs that involve emotions and abstract ideas is a complete unknown.
Whatever artificial intelligence means for software development services in the future, it’s not something we need to fear. It’s something that will aid us in doing things and building software we never thought of before.
Really, ironically, imagination is the limit. What will our grandchildren be doing in the world of software development services? Nobody can predict with certainty.
What have you heard about A.I. and how it’s growing. Let us know.
- The Best Phone Apps For Cannabis Enthusiasts
- How to Find the Downloadable Information You Need on Office Trailers
- 5 Tips for Keeping Your Personal Data Protected
- Protecting Your Information: IT Cloud Solutions and Security
- How to Find the Right Digital Marketing AgencyYou don't want to hire just any company to handle your digital marketing needs. Here you'll discover how to find the right digital marketing agency.
- Top 10 Health and Wellness Lifestyle AppsTaking care of your mind and body should be a way of life in this fast-paced world. Check out our picks for the 10 best wellness lifestyle apps you need to try.
- 5 Investment Apps Every Investor Needs To DownloadWhether you're a new investor or a seasoned veteran, there are certain tools that will make your life easier. Here are 5 investment apps every investor needs.
- 5 Incredible Uses for CBD OilThe use of CBD oil is becoming more and more popular and with the rise in popularity has come the discovery of multiple amazing uses for the oil.
- 10 Smart Home Devices and Appliances That Will Change the Way You LiveSmart home devices and appliances are revolutionizing the way we live. Check out this article about 10 of these devices to give your home a major upgrade!
- 9 Tools You Need for Online Reputation ManagementIf you find managing your brand's online reputation important, then check out this guide. Here you'll find 9 essential tools for online reputation management.
- Is Honeyfund the Way to Honeymoon Savings?Asking wedding guests to help fund the honeymoon has become somewhat of a controversial topic. Find out if it's your pathway to honeymoon savings.
- What’s the Best Free CAD Software of 2018?Made a resolution to improve your CAD skills? The best part is that you don't have to pay a dime! Here is the best free CAD software of the new year.
- 5 Creative Marketing Ideas That Will Get Your Brand NoticedTo create an unforgettable brand for your target consumer, some creative marketing is needed. Check out this article for 5 ideas that will do just that!
- Top 5 Real Estate Coaching Programs OnlineHow do you go from being an agent into a six-figure real estate pro? You need serious real estate coaching. Here are the 5 best programs to advance your career.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion