These Are the Types of Blogs You Should Be Writing
It’s natural for bloggers to invest time in generating new blog topics. You must generate a steady stream of content to build an audience.
Something else you should invest some time on is what types of blogs to write. Different kinds of posts attract readers with different goals.
So let’s jump in and look at some types of blogs you can use and why.
How-To Types of Blogs
The how to blog post is a go-to for any blog focused on deploying a skill or fixing things.
Say you run a blog about writing computer code for websites. It only makes sense that you’d want to talk about how to get the programming language to do certain common tasks.
It’s also popular because it lets you break the blog post up into easily defined sections. That makes it easier to read and lets the audience jump to wherever in the process they got stuck.
Whether you offer a service or sell a product, you’ll see the same questions over and over.
Even if you maintain an FAQ section, a common questions blog post puts the answers in front of all of your regular readers. You can even break it up into posts on individual products or services.
News Briefs and Commentary
Unless your audience consists of experts, you’re probably better informed about industry news. That’s an opportunity for you to do a couple things.
You can keep people in the loop by talking about current news. You can establish yourself as something of an authority by analyzing the news.
An added bonus is that news briefs require less original research. News organizations and industry organizations do a lot of that heavy lifting for you.
Informational blog posts attract readers who want to understand a topic better. You can think of these as why blogs or how blogs.
For example, patriotgetaways might do a post on Why to Rent a Cabin for Your Vacation. The post can talk about the health benefits of spending time in nature.
A science blog might focus on how something like photosynthesis works or how fungus grows.
Interviews are fantastic fodder for blogs. Depending on the interview length, you can often split it up into several posts. That helps to fill your posting quota for the week or month.
It also lets you borrow on the credibility and audience of the person you interviewed. If you blog about marketing, scoring an interview with someone like Neil Patel or Seth Godin makes you look like someone to watch.
Writing different types of blogs helps you attract different kinds of readers. It also helps you achieve some other goals.
Analyzing news in your industry helps you establish yourself as an authority. Interviews not only deliver content but can flesh our your schedule and confer reflected credibility. Answering common questions can save you time by telling all of your readers things they need to know
If you enjoyed this post, you should also check out our post on putting together a tutorial.
- The Ultimate Guide to Content for Your Parenting Blog
- 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own a Multimeter
- 3 Qualities to Look for in a Great Access Door
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil Online
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion