These Are the Types of Blogs You Should Be Writing
It’s natural for bloggers to invest time in generating new blog topics. You must generate a steady stream of content to build an audience.
Something else you should invest some time on is what types of blogs to write. Different kinds of posts attract readers with different goals.
So let’s jump in and look at some types of blogs you can use and why.
How-To Types of Blogs
The how to blog post is a go-to for any blog focused on deploying a skill or fixing things.
Say you run a blog about writing computer code for websites. It only makes sense that you’d want to talk about how to get the programming language to do certain common tasks.
It’s also popular because it lets you break the blog post up into easily defined sections. That makes it easier to read and lets the audience jump to wherever in the process they got stuck.
Whether you offer a service or sell a product, you’ll see the same questions over and over.
Even if you maintain an FAQ section, a common questions blog post puts the answers in front of all of your regular readers. You can even break it up into posts on individual products or services.
News Briefs and Commentary
Unless your audience consists of experts, you’re probably better informed about industry news. That’s an opportunity for you to do a couple things.
You can keep people in the loop by talking about current news. You can establish yourself as something of an authority by analyzing the news.
An added bonus is that news briefs require less original research. News organizations and industry organizations do a lot of that heavy lifting for you.
Informational blog posts attract readers who want to understand a topic better. You can think of these as why blogs or how blogs.
For example, patriotgetaways might do a post on Why to Rent a Cabin for Your Vacation. The post can talk about the health benefits of spending time in nature.
A science blog might focus on how something like photosynthesis works or how fungus grows.
Interviews are fantastic fodder for blogs. Depending on the interview length, you can often split it up into several posts. That helps to fill your posting quota for the week or month.
It also lets you borrow on the credibility and audience of the person you interviewed. If you blog about marketing, scoring an interview with someone like Neil Patel or Seth Godin makes you look like someone to watch.
Writing different types of blogs helps you attract different kinds of readers. It also helps you achieve some other goals.
Analyzing news in your industry helps you establish yourself as an authority. Interviews not only deliver content but can flesh our your schedule and confer reflected credibility. Answering common questions can save you time by telling all of your readers things they need to know
If you enjoyed this post, you should also check out our post on putting together a tutorial.
- 3 Qualities to Look for in a Great Access Door
- How to Start a Luxury Travel Blog
- 6 Signs It’s Time For Driveway Resurfacing
- Preparing for Tax Season: What to Do
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion