The Top Pros and Cons of Wearing Masonic Rings
If you’re a new member of the Freemasonry, or if you’re about to become one, chances are you’re curious about those mason rings.
What is the meaning behind these rings?
Should you wear one? What does it mean if you do? What does it mean if you don’t?
As of 2015, the Masonic Service Association of North America had more than 1.6 million members, and there are just about as many opinions on ring wearing.
You’re mulling over the ring, and we’ve answered the call, by pulling together a list of Masonic ring pros and cons. Keep reading for help in deciding if a ring is right for you or if you’d rather pass.
Mason Ring Pros
- The ring will constantly remind you to “live by the plumb”: The Freemasonry is a brotherhood committed to service to one another and the broader community; that’s why it gives more than $1.5 million a day to good causes! Your ring will serve as a constant reminder to uphold the tenets of the organization you proudly represent.
- You will undoubtedly meet other Masons: The Masons are literally everywhere. From Alabama to Africa, New Mexico to New Zealand, Lubbock to London. Whether you are milling about your hometown or traveling in far-flung locations, you’re bound to find more Masons. Wearing your Masonic ring is a way of saying, “I’m a Mason, let’s be friends!”
- You’ll get a chance to educate: Freemasonry is a centuries-old society whose illustrious alumni include Mozart, George Washington, Winston Churchill and Henry Ford, yet it’s shrouded in mystery. Wearing your ring will occasionally invite questions from nonmembers, which gives you a chance to spread the word and share your Masonic pride.
- You can turn your ring into a family heirloom: Masonic rings are beautiful items to pass on to future generations, but if you choose to do so, make sure you also pass on the sanctity of Freemasonry membership. See the third bullet under “cons.”
Mason Ring Cons
- The ring is bling: Masonic rings are not typically subtle accessories. You may find that there are certain times when you’d feel more comfortable with a toned-down look, such as a job interview or workout at the gym. Depending on your lifestyle, a ring just may not fit.
- Questions from strangers: Bullet No. 3 above has a definite flip side. Nonmembers will have questions, and maybe even some pretty inaccurate misconceptions, about the Freemasonry. If you’d find a stranger’s Q&A annoying, you might want to skip the ring.
- If you wear one, you better mean it: For Freemasons, the brotherhood is sacred. If you are wearing a ring just for the fashion statement, you are inviting the disdain of true Freemasons.
In the end, you have to do what’s right for you and your fingers. Remember that Masonic rings are not the only way to wear your Masonic pride. You may also consider dress cuffs, officer breast jewels, an embroidered badge, medals, a baseball cap, or for the Mason on the go, a car decal.
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018
- Top 7 Most Iconic T shirts of All Time
- 8 Fashion Apps You Need To Download Now
- 7 Patch Design Tips for Your Tactical Patches
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion