The Top 7 Software Trends to Keep an Eye On
Things are always changing in the world of software development. New tools, frameworks, and software are constantly being released and changing the landscape of business and technology.
If you want your business to stay ahead, you need to keep track of the latest and greatest software trends. By taking advantage of these software trends, your company can achieve greater speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
Want to know the 7 top software trends your company should be keeping an eye on? Read on to learn more.
Trend 1: Increase in Security Measures
Due to the huge increase in mobile device usage, people are relying on their smartphones for everyday needs like communicating, shopping, and storing service sensitive information. The more they use e-banking, e-wallets, and things like social media payment methods, the more vulnerable they become to mobile malware, identity theft, and cyber attacks.
Breach of mobile payment systems, hacktivism, and the cracking of cloud storage are things both users and companies should be worried about. Companies need to invest in the latest security software trends to assure users that their private information is being protected.
Here are a few computer safekeeping features to keep you protected:
IM Protection will protect you from any instant messages with hidden malware.
A Firewall will prevent you from unintentionally downloading malware. A Firewall also protects you from shady websites trying to steal data from your computer.
Anti-Spam will filter email and block annoying and unwelcomed messages.
A privacy filter will warn you whenever you’re about to accidentally reveal personal information. It’s also a panel or filter you can place over your display to make it difficult for someone to see your screen without directly being in front of it.
A file shredder lets you erase files so that they can’t be recovered from your hard drive at a later time.
Trend 2: Cloud Technology
As people continue to use more and more devices, the need to access data from multiple devices becomes greater. Today, companies are using cloud computing as a way of storing and access data over the Internet instead of on your computer’s hard drive.
Today, electronic manufacturers are investing in cloud computing and cloud security. Industries like banking, manufacturing, and gaming are even migrating to the cloud.
In fact, it’s reported that by 2018, at least 30% of service companies will move their enterprise resource planning applications to the cloud.
Knowing how cloud technology works and any relevant software trends will then be incredibly important in the next few years.
Trend 3: Increase in Chat Applications
With the increase of applications like Slack, more and more companies are using team chat applications not just as a form of communication, but as a way of conducting business operations.
Here’s a list of just a few things chat applications can do:
- Perform daily data look-up
- Run builds and deployments
- Automate tasks
- Analyze legal contracts
- Create financial reports
Using chat applications and bot technology can help teams ship software faster, increase the effectiveness of your product, and improve the overall user experience.
Trend 4: Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
Artificial Intelligence and machine learning are two of the most important new software trends out there. Machine learning is an application of artificial intelligence that lets systems automatically learn and improve from experience without being programmed.
They include technologies like deep learning, natural language processing, and include even more advanced systems that can learn, adapt, predict and operate on their own.
Why are these two things important?
AI and machine learning can lead to the development of more intelligent devices and programs. They can help companies more intelligently target users, more easily detect security threats, and even help things like cars learn how to operate more efficiently.
Trend 5: Intelligent Applications
One of the newer software trends is intelligent applications that help make people more efficient and everyday tasks easier. For example, some will help you prioritize emails, and even highlight the most important pieces of text so you won’t have to read the whole thing.
How can intelligent applications help you?
Intelligent apps like virtual customer assistants can help do specialized tasks for sales and customer service teams like keeping track of bookings. Virtual customer assistants can help improve the customer experience by reducing the workload for human customer service agents and speeding up the overall customer service process.
Software intelligence apps also give you the ability to detect when a user makes an error, or when there’s a performance issue so you can quickly solve any issues.
Trend 6: Internet of Things
To put it simply, the Internet of Things is the concept of connecting devices such as cell phones, headphones, lamps, etc. with automated systems.
Here are a few ways the Internet of Things will change how you do business:
Greater Access to Data
The Internet of Things will help mobile devices use data to track and record customer behavior and make intelligent product recommendations for them.
Easier Inventory Tracking and Management
Tthe Internet of Things will help businesses keep track of inventory automatically.
Faster & More Efficient Work
The Internet of Things will help you and your workers accomplish tasks faster and do things like data analysis and management with greater precision.
By 2020, more than half of new businesses will use the Internet of Things to some extent, so jump on this software trend now!
Trend 7: Mobile First
Mobile devices are being used more today than ever before. So it’s important to optimize your mobile experience and make sure it has the most up to date features and security measures.
Take advantage of VR and AR technology, and make sure your security is up to date to prevent malware from accessing or stealing user information.
How to Keep Up With Software Trends
Keeping up with the latest software trends isn’t easy. Here are some tips for staying in the know:
1. Check out Twitter and social media feeds for conversations surrounding new technology.
2. Visit news aggregation sites like Reddit and Techmeme for recent tech developments.
3. Read blogs, connect with software industry experts, and search YouTube for videos on new and exciting software.
Was this post helpful? Are there any software trends were missing? Let us know in the comments below!
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- What’s the Best Free CAD Software of 2018?
- The 7 Best Gamification Software Downloads For 2018
- 5 Photo Effects Software You Need to Try
- The 7 Best Medical Apps You Need In Your LifeDid you ever think you could use your smartphone as a […]
- 5 Social Media Stocks to Buy NowAre you a complete newbie to investing? Start with the products and services you know and love. Here are the five hottest social media stocks to buy right now.
- 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own a MultimeterIf you are stocking up your toolkit, you shouldn't forget the multimeter! Check out this article for 10 reasons why everyone should own a multimeter!
- How to Store Your e-LiquidYou may think you’re a vaping expert. But […]
- Manual: 10 Signs Of an AlcoholicAre you wondering if you or someone you love is an […]
- 5 Reasons Mormon Mothers are Turning to Pain Killer PillsYou’ve heard about the continued Opioid Crisis […]
- Top 10 Tips for Your Nursing ResumeThe world needs more nurses like you, and you know it. […]
- 7 Meditation Techniques For Reducing Daily StressBattling stress can be made much easier by using the […]
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion