The Worst Home Renovation Advice We’ve Heard Yet
Thinking of a home renovation? Awesome. But, read this first. We’ve collected the worst home renovation tips out there, and we’re sharing them with you.
Renovating your home is always a big deal.
Sometimes it’s just time for a change. Other times, it’s time to move and renovating is one step in that direction!
With so many shows out there that show renovations as they happen, whether professionally or with DIYers, it’s hard not to feel like a reno-buff yourself.
But is home renovation really as fun and straight-forward as it’s cracked out to be? And what advice should you be taking and what should you be ignoring?
Though you’ll be working with your own home renovation contractors, you’ll want to make sure that the best options are selected beforehand.
Figuring out what direction you’ll be taking your home renovation in is hard. That’s why you should read this helpful guide of the worst home renovation advice we’ve ever heard.
Why? Because knowing what’s right comes with knowing exactly what you and your home renovation contractor shouldn’t be doing!
The worst home renovation advice you need to stay away from
Add a bathroom
Having too few bathrooms is always a problem.
Maybe it’s just you and your significant other right now, but add in some kids or visiting family and friends. What then? It’s a recipe for an all-out brawl to get to the shower in the morning.
Some people thing that renovating their house to add a bathroom as an addition is a good idea.
But, we’re here to point out that’s not actually such great advice to take!
Creating a dream closet
This one may sound conflicting, especially since we all love big closets.
But spending a lot of money to create a huge, organized closet may not always be the greatest move.
It’ll cost you around 3k, but you’ll only get about half of that back when you sell.
So, for this one, don’t stay away completely, but make sure you’ll get your fair use of it just to make that value loss worth it.
Gutting everything at once
Those renovation shows do a great job at making demolition day look fun. And it is fun!
But make sure you put the hammer down long enough to figure out if you really want to be destroying those cabinets.
Consider repainting them or removing them intact to sell. Saving money is a good thing, so don’t demolish it!
Getting too trendy
Do you remember those insanely busy patterned curtains that hung in everyone’s grandmother’s house?
Do you remember ever looking at those and thinking, “those would look great in my house, in 2016?” The answer is probably no.
Back in the day, though, those were all the rage! So when you’re working with home renovation contractors, be wary of going too trendy.
You’ll want to avoid jumping into the latest trends headfirst. Make sure to keep things modern yet classic to see your home age gracefully.
- 10 Smart Home Devices and Appliances That Will Change the Way You Live
- Kitchen Trend: The Latest Design Fads
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor Ideas
- How To Start A Cleaning Blog For Your Industrial Cleaning Company
- How to Find the Right Digital Marketing AgencyYou don't want to hire just any company to handle your digital marketing needs. Here you'll discover how to find the right digital marketing agency.
- Top 10 Health and Wellness Lifestyle AppsTaking care of your mind and body should be a way of life in this fast-paced world. Check out our picks for the 10 best wellness lifestyle apps you need to try.
- 5 Investment Apps Every Investor Needs To DownloadWhether you're a new investor or a seasoned veteran, there are certain tools that will make your life easier. Here are 5 investment apps every investor needs.
- 5 Incredible Uses for CBD OilThe use of CBD oil is becoming more and more popular and with the rise in popularity has come the discovery of multiple amazing uses for the oil.
- 10 Smart Home Devices and Appliances That Will Change the Way You LiveSmart home devices and appliances are revolutionizing the way we live. Check out this article about 10 of these devices to give your home a major upgrade!
- 9 Tools You Need for Online Reputation ManagementIf you find managing your brand's online reputation important, then check out this guide. Here you'll find 9 essential tools for online reputation management.
- Is Honeyfund the Way to Honeymoon Savings?Asking wedding guests to help fund the honeymoon has become somewhat of a controversial topic. Find out if it's your pathway to honeymoon savings.
- What’s the Best Free CAD Software of 2018?Made a resolution to improve your CAD skills? The best part is that you don't have to pay a dime! Here is the best free CAD software of the new year.
- 5 Creative Marketing Ideas That Will Get Your Brand NoticedTo create an unforgettable brand for your target consumer, some creative marketing is needed. Check out this article for 5 ideas that will do just that!
- Top 5 Real Estate Coaching Programs OnlineHow do you go from being an agent into a six-figure real estate pro? You need serious real estate coaching. Here are the 5 best programs to advance your career.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion