The Ultimate Guide to Content for Your Parenting Blog
Whether you’re a seasoned blogger or just starting your parenting blog, coming up with new ideas for blog topics can cause a short-circuit or two at times.
Here are a few techniques to get those creative juice flowing.
Always Be Prepared
If you happen to be past the diaper bag stage, can you remember back? Do you recall all the items you packed in that thing? It was a virtual convenience/drug/clothing/grocery store. You were prepared for anything.
It’s important to have the same mindset for your parenting blog.
Pen and paper should always be on hand. I keep supplies in my bag, in the glove compartment of my car, and I have a “go bag” for when I’ll be gone for longer periods of time.
Being able to jot down your ideas right when you have them (of, course, please don’t blog and drive!) develops a healthy source of ideas. If you’re not the pen and paper type person, download an easy to use recording app.
Read Other Blogs
One common thread among successful authors is that they’re avid readers — of other authors’ works.
You’re not looking to replicate, simply spur your creative brain into action. Seeing a topic, you might have ideas on how to expand the topic based on one of the individual points. Perhaps you have an opposing viewpoint from the author. Write about that.
By reading other parenting blogs you may notice some of their hidden secrets for creating top-notch posts.
Tackle the Tough Stuff
If you look through your last 20 posts, do they all seem perfectly positive and upbeat? Now, there’s nothing wrong with that but there are times as bloggers that we forget there’s a not-so-pretty side to parenting. Here’s a list of topics for you to research:
- Children telling lies
- My three-year-old still isn’t potty-trained
- The nightmare of toddler sleep regression
- Death of a grandparent
- Childhood cavities
- Dad lost his job
- My daughter told me she hates me
Taking on a difficult subject will not only stretch you as a writer, it may spur some amazing new ideas.
Treat Yourself to a Latte
Sometimes we get stuck when our structured routine turns into the proverbial rut.
Try this simple fix: a change of scenery.
Grab your laptop and head to the local java joint. (Hint: for this exercise choose the busiest location.)
Don’t be afraid to eavesdrop on the two ladies sitting at the table next door. You’re bound to get an idea or two listening to their stories of success or their tales from the dark side.
It’s Opposite Day
This one is simple. Do the opposite of what you would normally do.
Studies report that doing things like taking a new route on the drive home or switching up your morning routine keep the brain engaged.
Do you sit at the computer in the morning before you shower? (Trust me, I’m a firm believer in there being nothing wrong with that!) Switch it up tomorrow. Take a shower when you get up and — this may sound crazy — dress in “real” clothes, like you would wear for a casual day at the office.
Try listening to a completely different kind of music, or better yet, talk radio. Not a music listener — turn it up today. Do a different type of exercise than usual. Read a magazine instead of a blog article.
When you find yourself facing writer’s block try some of these methods above to stimulate ideas. One of the biggest takeaways is to never get comfortable.
Trying new ways of doing things is what creativity is built on. Like Benjamin Franklin once said: “When you’re finished changing, you’re finished.”
- These Are the Types of Blogs You Should Be Writing
- Are You Still Buying These Common SEO Myths?
- 6 Ways to Spice Up Your Sex Life
- How to Save Energy with Roller Garage Doors
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion