Survivalist Book Shelf: Top 5 Books of 2017
With rising temperatures, political unrest, and infrastructure collapsing, it pays to be prepared. While the odds of a societal collapse aren’t likely, you’ll want to have a good set of survival skills at the ready.
A strong set of practical skills can get you out of a sticky situation. From creating a bug-out bag to learning wilderness skills, the right skills at the right moment are important.
We all know that knowledge is power, so arm yourself accordingly. Here are the top 5 books that should be on every survivalist’s bookshelf.
1. SAS Survival Guide
Written in 1986 by John Wiseman, The SAS Survival Guide is the gold standard in survivalist lit. Wiseman, a former SAS soldier, served in the British military for over 2 decades where he honed his skills.
Now, he’s passing the knowledge onto a brand new generation. Readers can expect Wiseman to walk them through everything from first-aid to climate.
Some survivalists may already have a copy on their bookshelf, but they may not know about a modern twist. The guide is now more accessible than ever thanks to Wiseman’s new app. Now you can learn survival techniques wherever you go.
2. The Complete Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook
You may remember the Worst-Case Scenario series from your childhood. The series has been in publication for decades, but now you can get all 11 guides in one collection.
Admittedly, this is a lighter read. With topics like dating and driving, it takes a light-hearted approach to preparedness.
That isn’t to say you shouldn’t expect to learn a thing or two about genuine survival, however. On the contrary, the book is full of fascinating and useful tidbits of information.
Even a survivalist needs a humorous outlet every now and then.
3. How to Stay Alive in the Woods
How to Stay Alive in the Woods is a favorite amongst wilderness enthusiasts. Bradford Angier’s classic guide contains everything you’d ever need to know about the woods.
From scavenging and cooking food, to building a fire and shelter, you’ll learn it all.
4. How to Survive the End of the World as we Know It: Tactics, Technology, and Techniques for Uncertain Times
With a title like that, you know you’re in for some hardcore survival techniques. This book will fully prepare you for when disaster strikes.
Learn practical tips on how to keep yourself and your family safe during tough times. Rawles details food and shelter, but also useful tips like how to shoot the best recurve bow.
Despite its apocalyptic title, How to Survive is a realistic and excellent resource.
5. Bushcraft 101
Dave Canterbury’s classic Bushcraft 101 is an absolute must-have. Even if you’re only headed into the woods for the weekend, this field guide can teach you how to make the most of your time in the wild.
Our favorite thing about Bushcraft is its minimalist approach. Canterbury set out to create a resource guide for those with as few resources as possible.
Learn to survive with just your wits and a few twigs!
There’s something on this list for everyone from novice to expert. So take a minute to crack open a book. It could even save your life.
- What You Need to Know Before Choosing Your Photography Website Builder September 19, 2017
- 5 Signs You May Be Walking on Asbestos Floor Tiles September 19, 2017
- 3 Great Hearing Aid Apps All Users Should Download September 18, 2017
- 5 Benefits of Having a Website for Your Business September 15, 2017
- 5 Benefits of Having Online Pay Stubs Available for Download September 15, 2017
- 5 Digital Marketing Apps All Marketers Should Download September 15, 2017
- The Essential Guide to Using Whitening Strips September 15, 2017
- 5 Exciting Real Estate Technology Trends on the Rise September 14, 2017
- How a Digital Communication System is Improving Healthcare September 14, 2017
- The Vending Machine Hack That Makes You Snack Healthier September 14, 2017
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion