How to Start a Luxury Travel Blog
Do you enjoy the virtues of luxury travel? If so, maybe you’ve thought about chronicling your adventures on a luxury travel blog.
Blogging is a great way to capture the excitement of all your vacation and share it with your friends and family.
With dedication and effort, blogging can also a great way to generate outlandish income.
Ready to get started? Keep reading!
Define Your Niche
Here’s the thing about blogging– everyone is doing it.
With that said, it certainly doesn’t mean that everyone is doing it well. And, it certainly doesn’t mean that there isn’t room on the expansive Internet for your thoughts and feelings!
If you plan to start a luxury travel blog, it’s a good idea to narrow down your focus. While it may seem enticing to write about everything under the sun, this can come across as disorganized and generic.
With a niche, you can establish expertise. You can create dynamic content that attracts your target demographic.
Whether you want to write about gourmet food in Thailand, villas in Greece, or scuba diving in Fiji, let your niche guide your blogging.
Take Care of Business
After defining your niche, you’ll need to take care of basic website housekeeping. This means coming up with your blog name, hosting site, and blog theme.
Blog name: You already know that there are a lot of websites in the world, so there’s a good chance that your favorite names may already be taken. You may need to play around with different word variations.
- Keep the blog name short
- Avoid cliched or generic terms
- Avoid numbers
Hosting options: Your host is essentially the home base for your blog’s information and data. You will pay a nominal fee for hosting through popular websites like BlueHost or GoDaddy.
Blog theme: Your theme is what helps make your blog come alive. Many bloggers use WordPress for this, as WordPress offers expansive free and premium options for themes.
- Less can be more (go for simple themes)
- Check for browser and mobile compatibility
- Make sure it “feels good” when you look at it!
After you finish these steps, you will be ready to buckle down and really start blogging.
Focus on Your Audience
When you’re starting out, traffic numbers may be a bit bleak. This is a normal part of the growth process.
With that said, you should absolutely pay strong attention to the readers that you have.
Are they asking questions? Which posts are most popular? Are they commenting on specific content with praise?
These little nuggets of information can be very telling when it comes to how readers perceive you. They can also help shape the direction of your blog (because you’ll be focusing on giving people what they want).
Want to increase your visibility? Consider guest posting. It’s a great way to expose yourself and build relationships with other bloggers.
Ask other bloggers in your field if they are interested in guest posting. These sites may have more traffic than you do. They can inadvertently send more traffic and readers your way.
With so many blogs out there, it’s okay to be picky. Look for content that matches your interests. Craft a few pitches to send out to blog owners. Wait for the magic to happen.
Master the SEO Game
You’ve heard of the term, and now it’s time to really focus on the virtues of SEO for your luxury travel blog.
Navigating the intricacies of SEO can feel overwhelming. But, it’s really important to learn! Effective SEO takes your blog from a tiny corner of the online universe into the top search results on Google.
Basics of SEO include:
- Adding internal links
- Optimizing images
- Accurate and efficient titles
- Long-tail keyword phrases
- Unique, quality blog content
- Effective call to actions
Today, there are plenty of online resources to help you improve your SEO strategy. Take advantage of them! Read up, research, learn, and get your luxury travel blog moving in the right direction.
Dominate Social Media
Facebook has over 2 billion active users. Millions of people are on Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, and Twitter.
Here’s the thing: if you have a luxury travel blog, you need to be visible everywhere. Not only will this help you stand out from the competition, it will also help you increase your traffic flow.
Facebook: Work your way to 1-3 picture posts with short captions per day. Consider using Facebook Live if you are on-location and want to share the experience with your fans! Tag and share other travel companies and their articles as well.
Instagram: Your pictures tell a thousand words here, so choose the very best ones you take. Tag the location, create an engaging description, and utilize all the allocated hashtags in the first comment.
Twitter: You can update 3-5 times per day. Share plenty of photos and use a consistent hashtag within your posts. Tag and share other relevant travel industry news.
Youtube: Consider making how-to tutorials for fun, brief videos capturing your experiences. The sky is the limit on this one. While videos may be more complicated than firing off a quick tweet, they are a great way for people to learn the “face” of your company.
Final Thoughts on Your Luxury Travel Blog
Blogging is an excellent way to share your ideas and experiences with the world!
And, if you do everything right, you can reap amazing benefits like establishing expertise and becoming a household name in the travel industry?
On Blast Blog is passionate about connecting bloggers and helping them fine-tune their craft. Whether you’re looking to make money online or create the perfect blog post, we’ve got all the best tips for you.
- 6 Ways to Spice Up Your Sex Life
- How to Save Energy with Roller Garage Doors
- The Ultimate Guide to Content for Your Parenting Blog
- 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own a Multimeter
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion