How To Start A Cleaning Blog For Your Industrial Cleaning Company
These days, it’s more and more common to hear people say they are a blogger.
The digital boom has opened doors for writers to turn this hobby into a full-time business or extra source of income. But, blogging is effective for more than trendy niches like fashion or travel.
It is an essential tool for any business.
In fact, if you’re struggling to get new clients, a blog might be the perfect solution for your sales to increase.
The following is a closer look at the value a cleaning blog can bring to your business.
Why Have a Cleaning Blog?
Many – if not all – of your business operations are focused on one thing: an increase in revenue.
This can happen with a blog, although it is because of other benefits at play. A blog expands your audience, makes it easier for them to find you, and sets you apart as an expert in your industry.
Let’s take a closer look at how this all works.
Expand Your Reach
Without a blog, your industrial cleaning website is missing out on content opportunities.
You can only talk about your services and your team so much on landing pages. But, when you add a blog, you can continue the conversation with your audience.
This is your place to talk about the best cleaning products, cleaning maintenance tips, and much more.
Plus, all of this content translates well on social media.
Improve SEO Performance
The more you post new content, on your website as well as on social media, the better your SEO ranks will be.
There are more things that go into this – like keyword optimization, local targeting, and link building. But, these all go hand in hand with a successful blog!
When you write content with SEO in mind, you are doing more for your business than you might think.
The blog is a way for users to find you, get to know who you are, and build a stronger sense of brand recognition and loyalty.
Speaking of brand recognition, don’t forget to use your blog as a way to share your knowledge.
This isn’t about revealing your best cleaning secrets. Instead, it’s about making an effort to share your expertise.
The more you share your opinion on industry behaviors and cleaning tips, the more people will see you know what you’re talking about. Over time, trusting your advice may become using your services.
Here’s how to make all of these goals happen by starting a cleaning blog.
1. Set Your Goals
You should now understand the overarching goals of a blog: reach, SEO rank, and authority.
The thing is, these don’t happen without a clear sense of what you want your blog to be.
Remember, your cleaning blog is an extension of your industrial cleaning business. It needs to be aligned with your brand’s values and voice. The messaging should be consistent in each post, too.
Not everyone understands this, and they just start posting new content for the sake of having content. Such a process may do more harm than good.
Thankfully, there are some things you can do to make sure your blog’s goals make sense with the rest of your business.
2. Research Your Audience
Whenever you’re thinking of goals and objectives, do so with your audience in mind.
For a cleaning blog, this goes a bit more in-depth than demographics and expendable income. You want to know what your audience is most interested in when it comes to industrial cleaning.
Are they looking for regular maintenance or more extensive solutions? Do they want to know how to do some cleaning themselves, or are they interested in how to hire an efficient service?
Ask yourself these questions to guide you as you add to your buyer persona.
This is something you should already have in place for your marketing campaigns. But, the persona also helps you understand who it is you’re talking to when you create a blog post.
3. Make a Schedule
Once you get a couple ideas for an article, you need to create a schedule.
You can choose to write a blog a few times a month, once a week, or even once every couple days! But, try to have them planned ahead of time.
For instance, the blog you write today should be in anticipation of posting it a week or a month from now. Similarly, the blog you post today should have already been ready to go well in advance.
Aside from timing, your schedule allows the content to flow together.
You can create a different theme or series for each month. Incorporate a mix of cleaning tips and product reviews – like Haaker Equipment Company has done.
Also, pay attention to the changing of the seasons and holiday times.
These can offer new ways to approach the writing process, which helps keep everything interesting.
4. Track and Edit
As much as you might think you’ve thought of some great cleaning blog topics, you won’t know until you check the feedback.
Tracking audience engagement is crucial whether you’ve just started a blog or if you’ve been managing it for years.
It’s your way of knowing how effective your strategies really are.
If you see a rising trend in click-through rates and the time users spend on a page, you’re doing something right. But, if these numbers are dropping or you’re losing traffic overall, it’s time to make some changes.
This doesn’t mean edit old blog posts. It means taking a closer look at your schedule and topic ideas to change things moving forward.
Changes are often simple edits.
The following are easy things you can do to see a substantial improvement in blog performance:
- Use different keywords
- Post less or more frequently
- Add relevant photos and graphics to your blog
Keep in mind effective changes won’t happen overnight. It will take a few new posts for you to see a difference in the numbers.
If you still can’t get it right, you might need to hire a content team to help you out.
Create Your New Blog
Ready to put these steps to the test?
The very first thing you have to do is claim a new blog domain!
Click here to discover how to make this happen.
- How to Choose the Best Kitchen Appliances
- 5 Home Improvement Apps for DIYers
- 10 Best Sites To Go Furniture Shopping Online
- The Benefits of Using Portable Solar Panels
- The 5 Best Investment Apps For Amateur InvestorsAccording to a survey conducted by Bankrate.com, only […]
- 4 Adult Toys Every Bold Couple Need in Their LivesSex is a fun, healthy part of any adult relationship. […]
- Top 7 Apps for People Over 40Are you entering or already living in what we deem as […]
- How the Digital Catalog Could Help the Retail IndustryLast year, people downloaded over 197 billion apps. […]
- How to Save Energy with Roller Garage DoorsOpening and closing the garage door isn’t […]
- 7 Awesome Spring Break Ideas for KidsAfter months of cold and work, spring break is more […]
- Are Lawsuit Settlements Taxable?If you’re reading this, chances are you’ve […]
- 8 Fashion Apps You Need To Download NowDo you like to keep up-to-date with the latest fashion trends? Here are the 8 fashion apps you need to download now to inspire your newest look.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion