How To Start A Cleaning Blog For Your Industrial Cleaning Company
These days, it’s more and more common to hear people say they are a blogger.
The digital boom has opened doors for writers to turn this hobby into a full-time business or extra source of income. But, blogging is effective for more than trendy niches like fashion or travel.
It is an essential tool for any business.
In fact, if you’re struggling to get new clients, a blog might be the perfect solution for your sales to increase.
The following is a closer look at the value a cleaning blog can bring to your business.
Why Have a Cleaning Blog?
Many – if not all – of your business operations are focused on one thing: an increase in revenue.
This can happen with a blog, although it is because of other benefits at play. A blog expands your audience, makes it easier for them to find you, and sets you apart as an expert in your industry.
Let’s take a closer look at how this all works.
Expand Your Reach
Without a blog, your industrial cleaning website is missing out on content opportunities.
You can only talk about your services and your team so much on landing pages. But, when you add a blog, you can continue the conversation with your audience.
This is your place to talk about the best cleaning products, cleaning maintenance tips, and much more.
Plus, all of this content translates well on social media.
Improve SEO Performance
The more you post new content, on your website as well as on social media, the better your SEO ranks will be.
There are more things that go into this – like keyword optimization, local targeting, and link building. But, these all go hand in hand with a successful blog!
When you write content with SEO in mind, you are doing more for your business than you might think.
The blog is a way for users to find you, get to know who you are, and build a stronger sense of brand recognition and loyalty.
Speaking of brand recognition, don’t forget to use your blog as a way to share your knowledge.
This isn’t about revealing your best cleaning secrets. Instead, it’s about making an effort to share your expertise.
The more you share your opinion on industry behaviors and cleaning tips, the more people will see you know what you’re talking about. Over time, trusting your advice may become using your services.
Here’s how to make all of these goals happen by starting a cleaning blog.
1. Set Your Goals
You should now understand the overarching goals of a blog: reach, SEO rank, and authority.
The thing is, these don’t happen without a clear sense of what you want your blog to be.
Remember, your cleaning blog is an extension of your industrial cleaning business. It needs to be aligned with your brand’s values and voice. The messaging should be consistent in each post, too.
Not everyone understands this, and they just start posting new content for the sake of having content. Such a process may do more harm than good.
Thankfully, there are some things you can do to make sure your blog’s goals make sense with the rest of your business.
2. Research Your Audience
Whenever you’re thinking of goals and objectives, do so with your audience in mind.
For a cleaning blog, this goes a bit more in-depth than demographics and expendable income. You want to know what your audience is most interested in when it comes to industrial cleaning.
Are they looking for regular maintenance or more extensive solutions? Do they want to know how to do some cleaning themselves, or are they interested in how to hire an efficient service?
Ask yourself these questions to guide you as you add to your buyer persona.
This is something you should already have in place for your marketing campaigns. But, the persona also helps you understand who it is you’re talking to when you create a blog post.
3. Make a Schedule
Once you get a couple ideas for an article, you need to create a schedule.
You can choose to write a blog a few times a month, once a week, or even once every couple days! But, try to have them planned ahead of time.
For instance, the blog you write today should be in anticipation of posting it a week or a month from now. Similarly, the blog you post today should have already been ready to go well in advance.
Aside from timing, your schedule allows the content to flow together.
You can create a different theme or series for each month. Incorporate a mix of cleaning tips and product reviews – like Haaker Equipment Company has done.
Also, pay attention to the changing of the seasons and holiday times.
These can offer new ways to approach the writing process, which helps keep everything interesting.
4. Track and Edit
As much as you might think you’ve thought of some great cleaning blog topics, you won’t know until you check the feedback.
Tracking audience engagement is crucial whether you’ve just started a blog or if you’ve been managing it for years.
It’s your way of knowing how effective your strategies really are.
If you see a rising trend in click-through rates and the time users spend on a page, you’re doing something right. But, if these numbers are dropping or you’re losing traffic overall, it’s time to make some changes.
This doesn’t mean edit old blog posts. It means taking a closer look at your schedule and topic ideas to change things moving forward.
Changes are often simple edits.
The following are easy things you can do to see a substantial improvement in blog performance:
- Use different keywords
- Post less or more frequently
- Add relevant photos and graphics to your blog
Keep in mind effective changes won’t happen overnight. It will take a few new posts for you to see a difference in the numbers.
If you still can’t get it right, you might need to hire a content team to help you out.
Create Your New Blog
Ready to put these steps to the test?
The very first thing you have to do is claim a new blog domain!
Click here to discover how to make this happen.
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor Ideas
- 7 Modern Home Improvements That Will Add Value to Your Home
- 6 Signs It’s Time For Driveway Resurfacing
- 5 Interior Design Apps That Will Help You Remodel
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion