Selling Music: 5 Tips for Online Music Promotion
When you first consider online music promotion, you may be a little intimidated. There are so many different services available these days, from social media websites to download platforms. The options to share your tunes are endless!
You will want to grow your following as quickly as possible. So keep reading to find out the best steps you can take to promote your music online.
1. Post Your Music
Back in the day, MySpace was the place to go to discover new music. People would log on after school to see what their favorite artists had uploaded that day.
They would hunt for hours for their favorite songs and add them to their profile. Longing to identify with the talented artists they admired.
Today, there isn’t one massive platform for musicians to deliver new content. In fact, they have so many options it can be hard to know where to start.
One of the best places to premiere your new music as an up and coming artist is on YouTube. This platform allows you to upload as much as you want and have exposure to eyes all over the world.
2. Word of Mouth
Every starving artist needs fans, and often their first are friends and family. You may not think they are very important, but these connections can take you further than you think.
Reaching out to everyone you have met on social media and encouraging them to listen to your music can be a great form of online music promotion to gain listeners until you sell your music on iTunes.
3. Make a Website
You may not think that having a website will matter until you have a studio album, but releasing your music on your own site can be a great way to “fake it until you make it.”
Many artists, not just musicians, use portfolio websites to create their personal brand. When you’re selling your music you aren’t just giving the customer some songs. You are also selling yourself and the image you have created.
By taking some time to design a proper website, you will have the opportunity to further define your brand.
4. Cross-promoting and Bundling
Artists don’t always have to walk the path alone. There are many talented musicians out there trying to make their way.
Working together to cross promote each other can be a great way to cover more ground quickly. Instead of trying to be everywhere at once, constantly talking about yourself, you have the opportunity to expand your reach and collaborate.
5. Promote Your Music on Events Pages
If you are a musician then you probably have some influences. Consider visiting the Facebook pages of inspiring musicians for their shows and posting links to your band’s music for online music promotion. People are curious creatures and they will wonder what your sound is like.
By posting on the page of an influencer, you are associating yourself with them. You will be appealing directly to an existing fan base. This gives you the opportunity to have a captive audience.
Start Your Online Music Promotion
In a perfect world, everyone would already be jamming out to your new hit, but you have to start somewhere. If you are ready to get your music out there, check out Pligg, a digital download marketplace where you can start selling your music, right now.
There’s no reason to wait!
- Top 5 Downloadable Marketing Tools for Your Clothing Business
- 5 Digital Marketing Tactics Your Business Should Try
- What You Can Learn From Advertising Pornography
- Get Bigger Sales Using Auction Templates
- 4 Benefits of Cheap Online Clothing StoresIf you’ve spent any time online lately, […]
- Lost Passport? Here’s What to DoImagine that you are visiting another country, for […]
- How to Choose the Right Foot CreamYour feet are the unsung heroes of your body. […]
- 9 Motivational Movies for Aspiring EntrepreneursIt’s true for weight loss, budgeting, and […]
- 3 Tips for Making Your Dentist Website SEO FriendlyYou probably already understand how important your […]
- How to Build A Mobile App For FitnessThe mobile app marketing is one of the largest markets […]
- 2018 Plastic Surgery TrendsWith Americans now spending $16 billion a year on […]
- 5 Training Tips for Student PilotsStudent pilots enter the industry with dreams of […]
- How to Start Your Online Boutique TodayMore than half of Americans choose online shopping […]
- 6 New Fitness Apps to Keep Track of Your Daily Home Workout in 2018Not all of us can find the time to get in a quick […]
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion