Rearrange Your Furniture to Keep Your Style Fresh
Are you bored with your home?
When you buy a house, you often sign the lease papers with the intention of staying for years, sometimes for life. These days, though, you can’t help but notice how your home feels drab and uninspired. You know that home is where the heart is, but your heart’s not in it anymore.
When was the last time you rearranged? This doesn’t mean you have to call an interior decorator and redo your whole house.
By moving decor and furniture (and using furniture pads to keep your floors damage-free), you can make a huge difference in the way you see home sweet home.
How? Allow us to explain.
Make Some Space
When you first bought your house, did you marvel at the size of the rooms? Do you often wonder what happened to all that space?
It’s easy (a little too easy) to clutter up rooms with stuff. Small piles become bigger piles you’ll get to later. Those bigger piles become unmanageable, so you ignore them.
With furniture on top of that, the room can start to feel a little stifling.
It’s time to declutter. Grab two boxes and label one “keep” and the other “toss.” Go through the room and put things in the appropriate box.
If the space still feels too cramped, move your furniture around. Instead of the couch being next to the loveseat, try pushing the loveseat to the opposite wall. You’ll be surprised how much more floor space you have.
Find a New Focus
What’s the focus in your living room?
It might be the TV. It might be an eye-catching piece of artwork. It may be something else entirely.
That item should be the center of attention, literally. The rest of the furniture and decor in your living room should flank the main item.
Let’s say your focus item is the TV. If this is up against a wall, your couch should be several feet back but centered with the TV. Loveseats, recliners, and other chairs should be arranged around the couch.
This informs you where everything else should go. For example, you might put a coffee table between the TV and the couch. You could position lamps on either side of the recliner and loveseat.
With a main item to focus on, your room is more cohesive.
Move Away from the Light
Speaking of lamps, the positioning of the furniture plays a key role in how bright or dark a room is. If you have a standing lamp in the corner and you put a recliner in front of that, the chair blocks most of the light.
If your rooms feel a little dark, you don’t always need brighter bulbs. Just rethink your furniture. Your couch, for instance, can be a huge light hog.
Of course, thus far we’ve only mentioned artificial light sources. Your furniture can also block natural sunlight.
Rearranging your furniture can transform any room. This frees up space and lets more light in.
However, moving furniture can be risky on hardwood or marble flooring. You don’t want to accidentally damage your floors while lugging around a heavy couch.
Furniture Buffers pads keep furniture and floors safe during your remodeling project. To learn more or shop for furniture pads, contact Furniture Buffers today.
- 9 Reasons Why You Need an Air Purifier
- Guide: How the Best Solar Panels Can Save You
- How Can a Ceiling Fan Save You Money?
- Top 10 Reasons to Go Tiny
- 4 Benefits of Cheap Online Clothing StoresIf you’ve spent any time online lately, […]
- Lost Passport? Here’s What to DoImagine that you are visiting another country, for […]
- How to Choose the Right Foot CreamYour feet are the unsung heroes of your body. […]
- 9 Motivational Movies for Aspiring EntrepreneursIt’s true for weight loss, budgeting, and […]
- 3 Tips for Making Your Dentist Website SEO FriendlyYou probably already understand how important your […]
- How to Build A Mobile App For FitnessThe mobile app marketing is one of the largest markets […]
- 2018 Plastic Surgery TrendsWith Americans now spending $16 billion a year on […]
- 5 Training Tips for Student PilotsStudent pilots enter the industry with dreams of […]
- How to Start Your Online Boutique TodayMore than half of Americans choose online shopping […]
- 6 New Fitness Apps to Keep Track of Your Daily Home Workout in 2018Not all of us can find the time to get in a quick […]
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion