When You Really Need an Attorney, Here’s How to Find A Good One
Are you looking for help after being arrested?
Dealing with an arrest is one of the toughest times someone goes through. Some people think an arrest means automatic guilt but it doesn’t.
A lawyer offers expertise in all aspects of a courtroom trial. These professionals will help you prepare your case every step of the way.
Everyone has the right to a fair trial and having an attorney. Not hiring an attorney increases the likelihood of losing a case. Losing a trial could mean paying fines and jail time.
In this article, you will know how to find out if you need an attorney.
Which Type of Attorney Do I Need?
You’ll want to start looking for a criminal defense lawyer if you’ve been arrested. A criminal defense lawyer offers professional representation in the courtroom.
It is best to go with a private attorney instead of public counsel. One study found clients choosing private over public counsel were 9% less likely to face jail time.
A criminal defense attorney has expertise in working similar cases. The main goal of these firms is to help those who have been arrested.
An attorney will help obtain all evidence and documents surrounding your arrest. You’ll feel more at ease with a professional negotiating on your behalf.
Self-representation might be entertaining in the movies but this is real life. You can’t afford to risk losing a case when your future is on the line.
A criminal defense attorney provides the knowledge, skills, and guidance to help you win your case.
Where Can I Find a Trustworthy Attorney?
One way to find an attorney you can trust is through an employer. It is likely a business has fought through their own legal battles. In certain cases, companies offer free or discounted legal representation for employees.
Another option is to ask family and friends for an attorney recommendation. Asking people close to you ensures you get information you can trust.
Taking to the internet to find a lawyer is a great idea. Browsing lawyer websites will help you learn more about local practices. These websites should have relevant contact information.
Local directories are a valuable source for finding local law practices. Once you’ve found a team of criminal defense lawyers, it’s time to ask a few important questions.
What Should I Ask During Evaluations?
You’ll want to know what kind of law an attorney specializes in. For example, having a divorce lawyer fight a DUI case isn’t the best idea.
Knowing the credentials of a law firm is wise. You can ask if the lawyer has received any extra credentials in their field. Many lawyers will have their certifications on display.
The Federal Trade Commission recommends asking lawyers about fee explanations. Certain states require lawyers lists total costs in writing once representation has begun.
Being arrested is a tough time in anyone’s life. It is important to find an attorney to fight in your corner. A lawyer will help fight for your rights ensuring you have a fair trial.
- 5 Key Pieces of Downloadable Information About Bail Bonds
- 5 Secure Websites Where You Can Access Legal Document Downloads
- The 5 Best Lawyer Movies for Attorneys (and Film Buffs!)
- 5 Law eBooks Every Aspiring Attorney Must Read
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion