What are the Pros and Cons of Selling Your Home for Cash?
You’ve likely seen roadside signs promoting the buying of houses for cash.
It sounds pretty good, right?
If you’re wondering if this is an opportunity you should jump on but are unsure of what exactly it entails and how it works, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered.
Here’s everything you need to know—from the good to the bad—about selling your home for cash.
Pros & Cons Of Selling Your Home To A Real Estate Investors
Since investors offer various payment methods, your payment options are flexible.
Investors can accept payment via methods such as certified funds, cash, or pre-scheduled cash payments. In some cases, they may even take over the existing mortgage completely.
Multiple payment options allow sellers to find the solution that fits their needs.
Selling houses for cash is a legitimate option, as investors are often willing to pay in cash for a home with the recent tightening of financial restrictions. This is usually coupled with the growing number of complaints about low appraisals.
Selling “As Is”
Many times, investors offer to purchase a property sight unseen.
What does this mean for sellers? That as the seller, you can avoid any costly repairs that would normally be considered financial responsibility.
Believe it or not, there are investors who can close a deal within 7 days.
Are you wondering how that’s possible? Good question.
Investors are able to close quickly because the sale of the property is not reliant on approved financing, appraised values, home inspections, etc. By bypassing all of these sometimes-lengthy steps, the closing processes is expedited considerably.
Most Investors Don’t Have A License To Buy
Since investors don’t need a license to buy a house, this means you know nothing about the person or people offering to buy your home.
Some investors are corporations, while others are individuals. Individual sellers usually are also real estate agents.
Because of this, many sellers are concerned about the motive behind the purchase.
There Are Scam Artists Posing As Investors (And Plenty Of Them!)
When selling your home for cash, you run the risk of fraud.
While this risk can exist in any financial transaction, it’s especially critical to avoid scams when dealing with large assets, such as your home.
When selling your house, you’ll want to take all necessary precautions to avoid any issues.
Start by getting the name of the investor and research him/her online to see whom he/she is. Ask for references, and question your listing agent to do some research on your behalf as well.
Homeowners Often Sell Below Market Value
Since investors will have their own cost challenges, you can be assured that those charges will be factored into their offer price.
Don’t be fooled. Investors are well aware of the power behind their cash offer. They also are conscious of the fact that they are taking a risk by purchasing a home “as is.”
Because they may be relying on your motivation to get out quickly, or for whatever their reason may be, it’s unlikely that an investor will pay market value for a home at its peak.
- 7 of the Best Interior Design Trends of 2018
- How to Choose the Best Kitchen Appliances
- 5 Home Improvement Apps for DIYers
- 10 Best Sites To Go Furniture Shopping Online
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion