How Often Should You Clean Your Dishwasher?
Nothing beats the scent of a clean house, right?
Today, we’re going to share the frequency with which you should clean out dishwasher in your home and give you the step-by-step process.
It’s so simple, it makes cleaning fun! And once those good, clean vibes get ahold of you, you won’t want to stop with your dishwasher.
Let’s take a look at the quick and easy steps that will leave all your kitchen appliances sparkling like the day you brought them home.
Clean Out Dishwasher Once a Month
Technically, things get pretty clean in your dishwasher every time you run it. There’s enough steam in there to melt away our biggest messes.
But this is not enough.
Food, grease, and soap scum get caked onto the dishwasher over time.
Whether or not they give off any unfavorable odors, their presence means germs are on your horizon.
We have to combat any of that residual bacteria left behind by our delicious green bean casserole.
Once a month, give your empty dishwasher a spin to make sure you clean out every last nook and cranny.
How to Clean Out Dishwasher
First, run the garbage disposal. You want to filter out any lingering muck sitting in those pipes since it filters into the dishwasher anyway.
Then, pull out the bottom rack.
Next, take a Dobie pad to the dishwasher drain on the bottom. Give the cleanup process a leg up by removing any built-up food, grease, or detergent.
Then, place a Pyrex cup filled with distilled white vinegar on the top rack and let ‘er rip. Make sure you run a full cycle, using the hottest water setting you have.
Next, you’ll want to deodorize the scent of vinegar from the dishwasher by pouring a cup of baking soda on the bottom of the tub.
Finally, run one more cycle. This time, a half cycle will do. It’s best to leave your dishwasher open for a few hours afterward to fully air it out.
If you ever have any doubt about how to clean your dishwasher, feel free to use Dishwasher Wizard. This is a dishwasher additive that targets the machine itself while your detergent cleans up all those pots, pans, and dishes.
Don’t forget about the other appliances hard at work in your kitchen and home!
Since their cleaning process is quite similar, let’s take a quick look at some of the most important appliances.
Fill the coffee maker’s reservoir with equal parts vinegar and water.
Then, place a paper filter in the basket.
Stop the brewing process halfway through and let the solution sit there for 30 minutes.
Pour out your solution and then run water through your machine twice more.
Run a load with hot water and about a cup of distilled white vinegar.
This will wash away any lingering germs from those dirty gym clothes.
Cut up an entire lemon and throw it down the drain.
Follow that up with a couple tablespoon of salt and a few ice cubes.
Then, let ‘er rip.
Do this about once a month to prevent any yucky odors from emanating.
Fill a bowl with a cup of water, several slices of lemon, and put in a couple tablespoons of distilled white vinegar.
Then, run the microwave for three minutes.
Make sure you see it getting good and steamy in there.
When that’s complete, wipe it down from top to bottom and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
You now have a spic and span kitchen.
We Love Learning!
Pligg provides you with all you need to know about a variety of topics, including household repair manuals.
We love hearing from our readers! Let us know how your dishwasher cleaning went in the comments below.
And if there’s another topic you’d like to see us cover, feel free to reach out to us today.
- 9 Reasons Why You Need an Air Purifier
- Guide: How the Best Solar Panels Can Save You
- How Can a Ceiling Fan Save You Money?
- Top 10 Reasons to Go Tiny
- How to Choose the Right Foot CreamYour feet are the unsung heroes of your body. […]
- 9 Motivational Movies for Aspiring EntrepreneursIt’s true for weight loss, budgeting, and […]
- 3 Tips for Making Your Dentist Website SEO FriendlyYou probably already understand how important your […]
- How to Build A Mobile App For FitnessThe mobile app marketing is one of the largest markets […]
- 2018 Plastic Surgery TrendsWith Americans now spending $16 billion a year on […]
- 5 Training Tips for Student PilotsStudent pilots enter the industry with dreams of […]
- How to Start Your Online Boutique TodayMore than half of Americans choose online shopping […]
- 6 New Fitness Apps to Keep Track of Your Daily Home Workout in 2018Not all of us can find the time to get in a quick […]
- 7 Tips To Travel the World on a BudgetLast year, 29.6 million Americans traveled overseas. […]
- The 10 Best Flight Apps for Tracking, Booking, and More!Are you looking for the best flight app? There are […]
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion