What Do You Need to Know Before Buying a Wall Painting Online?
So, you’re in the market for a new wall painting.
Maybe you’ve already browsed through local galleries and nothing caught your eye. Or maybe you don’t want to wait for the next art fair to come to town.
Either way, you have another option. Like other types of shopping, you can purchase your next wall painting online.
If the thought seems overwhelming, don’t worry. In this post, we’ll reveal three important questions to ask yourself to help you pick the perfect wall painting online.
1. Do You Love It?
It may sound silly, but it’s the first and most important question you need to ask.
After all, you’ll be looking at that painting every single day. If the quality is good enough, you may even pass it down to your kids or grandkids.
Forget about the current decor trends for a moment and take a nice long look at it. Does it speak to your soul? How do you feel when you study it?
Remember, art is subjective. What calls to one person may not affect another. Find a painting that speaks to you personally, and you’ll never regret your purchase.
2. What Space Are You Trying to Fill?
Of course, no matter how much you love a painting, you need to have the right space in your home to hang it.
Before you start shopping, measure the area where you intend to hang the painting. Get an idea of the size you want, along with a range of sizes that will work for the wall space.
You also need to consider existing decor and the purpose of the room. A muted, reflective painting might be perfect for your bedroom, but it could make you yawn if you hang it in your home office.
Similarly, a bold, standout painting makes a great conversation piece for your living or dining room. But it may feel totally out of place in a more relaxing space, such as your bedroom or bathroom.
Not sure where to begin your search? Sites like Ikonick offer a wide variety of wall paintings to choose from.
3. Who Is the Artist?
You shouldn’t buy a wall painting online (or anywhere else) based on how popular an artist is. It doesn’t matter if their paintings sell for millions–if you don’t like it, you won’t be happy with it.
Still, it doesn’t hurt to do some background work on an artist you admire. Here are a few questions to get you started:
- Does the artist have a selling history?
- What materials do they use for their work?
- What type of art training did they receive, and where?
- How do they determine their prices?
- How many hours did they spend on the piece you’re considering?
- Is there a story behind the painting?
While you shouldn’t base your decision solely on the answers, it will give you a better idea of the piece you’re buying.
That way, you ensure you’re getting a high-value piece you love at a fair price for both you and the artist.
Ready to Buy Your Wall Painting Online?
Now that you know what to look for, it’s time to start shopping for your next wall painting.
Are you a DIY guru? Would you like other helpful tips for home decorating or home improvement?
Click here for our latest posts!
- Preparing for Tax Season: What to Do
- The Ultimate Guide to Content for Your Parenting Blog
- 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own a Multimeter
- How to Store Your e-Liquid
- 8 Fashion Apps You Need To Download NowDo you like to keep up-to-date with the latest fashion trends? Here are the 8 fashion apps you need to download now to inspire your newest look.
- The Ultimate Guide to Content for Your Parenting BlogDo you have a case of writer's block with your parenting blog? Check out this guide so that you will never run out of ideas again.
- 8 Sexy Apps You Need To Download NowAre you feeling a little frisky, but find yourself sitting on your couch with nothing to do? Check out these 8 sexy apps you need to download now!
- The Best Dating Apps for Divorced SinglesYou said goodbye to your former spouse a while ago, […]
- Essential Tips for Customer Service OutsourcingCustomer service outsourcing is an ongoing debate for […]
- The 7 Best Medical Apps You Need In Your LifeDid you ever think you could use your smartphone as a […]
- 5 Social Media Stocks to Buy NowAre you a complete newbie to investing? Start with the products and services you know and love. Here are the five hottest social media stocks to buy right now.
- 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own a MultimeterIf you are stocking up your toolkit, you shouldn't forget the multimeter! Check out this article for 10 reasons why everyone should own a multimeter!
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion