Natural Pain Relief: 4 Things You Should Try
Pain is a real problem that can damage your quality of life. If you’re reading this article, you probably know that.
What you might not know are the real problems that stem from pain pill abuse in American culture. Americans consume 80% of the world’s supply of pain pills. That number isn’t likely to decrease anytime soon.
These tendencies have caused real harm to the health and wellbeing of Americans who suffer from pain. This pills can lead to addiction, further health complications, and are an incredible expense for many.
Before seeking synthetic pain relief, look for these natural alternatives.
Before taking any medication, natural or otherwise, you should always first consult with your doctor.
CBD wax comes from the cannabis plant, but it isn’t illegal!
That’s because CBD isn’t the ingredient in cannabis that gets people “high,” that would be THC, which is not contained in dabs, drops, or edibles of CBD wax. What is contained in these packages is CBD, the medically powerful ingredient in these plants.
Along with being great for pain, CBD also provides a variety of other benefits. These can range from increasing your appetite to providing you with anxiety relief. It truly is one of the most effective natural medicines on the market.
Ginger also provides a wonderful gift of healing for those struggling with arthritis pain.
Eating ginger capsules has been shown to reduce pain in arthritis sufferers by 40% more than a capsule medication.
This isn’t surprising when you consider the cleansing antioxidant properties of ginger. If you have arthritis, it may be time to stop thinking of ginger as just a palette cleanser from sushi, and start thinking of the ways it can help you in day-to-day life.
St. John’s Wort
Rubbing oil made from St. John’s wort on the point of pain can reduce it greatly, as can taking an infused tincture.
As is usually the case, herbal medicine has often been overlooked when it comes to relieving pain. But it also is one of the most effective methods out there. It also has great calming properties.
If pain keeps you up at night, St. John’s wort can be the pain solution you’re looking for. That being said, it is usually used for more mild pain relief. This means that it will most likely provide a temporary solution while you seek more long-term effective relief.
Capsaicin is the ingredient that causes hot peppers and other foods to seem spicy. So you might think it’s counterintuitive to use capsaicin for pain relief.
But you would be wrong.
Applied topically to the skin, capsaicin can help relieve pain caused by everything from surgery to arthritis. But how does it work?
Well, the painful part of spiciness does apply here. When first applied topically, capsaicin actually stimulates feelings of pain in the body. But after stimulation, the feeling subsides into a number feeling as the nerves relax.
So, it isn’t entirely pain-free, but it comes close and stops more pain than it causes.
You don’t have to rely on medication for relief. Instead, look to what the Earth provides.
- 5 Mental Health Apps You Should Give a Try
- 5 Addiction Recovery Apps You’ll be Glad You Downloaded
- Common Health Concerns For Mature Men
- 5 Low-Carb Diet Tips to Keep You Sane
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion