Important Questions to Ask Your Injury Attorney
Hopefully, you will never need an injury attorney. But in the event of an accident, you’ll be glad to have a good attorney on your side.
So how can you determine a good injury attorney from one that’s just well-marketed?
It starts by asking your injury attorney questions that demonstrate their ability to win your case. Before you sign a contract, make sure you’re satisfied with how he or she answers these six questions:
6 Injury Attorney Questions You Need Answered Before You Hand Over Your Case
#1 – How much is the contingency fee?
It can prove reassuring when you won’t have to pay legal fees unless you gain something from the lawsuit. But you still need to know how much that will be. Most contingency fees range from 25%-40% of your winnings, but you should try to negotiate.
#2 – What’s your experience in similar cases?
Never assume a lawyer has handled a case like yours before, even if their career is well established. For instance, lawyers who specialize in L&I claims might have zero experience in automobile accidents.
It’s okay to ask what their success rate is and how many cases similar to yours they’ve personally experienced. Remember, you hold the upper hand when it comes to hiring, so never feel intimidated by a lawyer who isn’t willing to be open with you.
#3 – Do you have enough time to devote to my case?
This is a question that most people are too reluctant to ask, perhaps because they assume the answer is yes. Lawyers who are hungry for the business will accept your case, then sit it on it for months before filing or working to resolve it.
Put another way, you could ask how many cases they are currently working on, or when they would file your case.
#4 – How often will I hear from you regarding my case, and how?
It could take weeks before your lawyer has any real news to report on your case. But if you’re the type of person who likes to know there’s no news, make sure your lawyer is willing to communicate that.
Some lawyers will send letters in the mail without notice or won’t respond to your emails for days. It’s important you understand how they communicate (and how frequently) to make sure it fits your requirements and expectations.
#5 – Will you be the one handling my case?
Firms with multiple lawyers may have several people working on your case. Others may assign you to one specific lawyer. Either way, you should speak to whoever will represent you in court to build trust and rapport with that person.
#6 – Do you have any references I could check?
Hiring a lawyer is much like hiring for any job. You need to ask questions, talk to multiple candidates, and check references. Most likely, their law firm will have Google reviews you can read online. But you should try to reach out to real clients to gauge their honest opinions.
If you don’t feel certain after interviewing a lawyer, move on to another one. It’s worth the extra time to find the right lawyer the first time.
- Why Vaping Continues to Dominate the Classic Cigarette
- Preparing for Tax Season: What to Do
- 5 Mental Health Apps You Should Give a Try
- 5 Addiction Recovery Apps You’ll be Glad You Downloaded
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion