How to Use Inbound Marketing Strategies for Video Content
Any marketer worth their weight in salt knows that consumers love video content, which is why businesses nowadays regard video as a powerful inbound marketing tool.
Knowledge alone, however, does not guarantee that such video content will be used effectively; some psychologists are of the mind that there are “conditions” that “drive visitors to prefer text” rather than video.
In other words, there is a science to marketing via video content that shouldn’t be ignored. Marketers must, then, take care to develop content marketing strategies that will optimize the success of their video content.
That said, here are 3 tips to keep in mind when creating video content:
Make Your Video Content Short & Concise
While there is certainly a time and place for long-form video content, you need to understand when exactly producing it is appropriate.
You also need to understand that people won’t necessarily view your content as efficient just because it comes in the form of a video.
As you no doubt know, video content is supposed to supply potential customers with information quickly and concisely. Imagine, then, what would happen if your video content was neither short nor concise.
Few would probably watch it.
As a matter of fact, there are actually people who prefer to read video transcripts of long-form video content for the sake of saving time, so if you must create long-form video content, you should consider providing a transcript.
Make Your Video Content Appeal to the Target Demographic
Perhaps this piece of advice seems needless; we tend to think that people generally understand how to accomplish this task.
Unfortunately, however, our assumptions can sometimes be way off-base.
As it turns out, some people are clueless about how to make their content appeal to their target audiences. Luckily for them, this issue can be rectified by conducting market research and revamping marketing campaigns in response to the findings.
Take, for example, a high school’s campaign to discourage the use of recreational drugs. Let’s assume that this school produces video content in the form of cheesy cartoon sketches.
Needless to say, these campaigns fall flat because teenagers (the target audience) have other interests.
So how might the school have gotten a better response from the students?
Well, for one, they could have instantly found out more about their students’ interests by polling them. They might have even done a little research online by visiting social media pages geared towards teens.
Surely they would have found that popular music and reality television appeal more to teenagers, which would have prompted them to organize a campaign that capitalized off of those interests.
Choose Your Video Hosting Platform(s) Wisely
Not all video hosting platforms were created equal. Even so, that doesn’t mean that you should choose one over all of the others.
Instead, you should think about what you’re looking to get out creating your video content before you choose your hosting platform(s).
If, for example, you want people to discover your videos organically via search engines, you’ll definitely want to post them on YouTube. Simply put, platforms such as Facebook will not offer this type of organic search traffic.
Still, Facebook and the other video hosting platforms have their advantages if you know how to exploit them.
Consider, for instance, the fact that Facebook allows people to “curate” their news feeds. If you create shareable content, it’s quite possible that it will travel around the right circles, thereby getting you desirable results.
We’ll acknowledge it: Regardless of how many tips and tricks you keep in mind, video content marketing is still a challenge.
Having said that, we’d never recommend that you bypass businesses that specialize in inbound marketing strategies if you’re really having a tough time of things.
There is no shame in needing a little help. That’s one of the only guarantees when it comes to marketing.
- The Ultimate Guide to Content for Your Parenting Blog
- 10 Best Photo Editing Apps
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- 9 Reasons Your Business Should Be Using SMS Marketing
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion