How to Use Inbound Marketing Strategies for Video Content
Any marketer worth their weight in salt knows that consumers love video content, which is why businesses nowadays regard video as a powerful inbound marketing tool.
Knowledge alone, however, does not guarantee that such video content will be used effectively; some psychologists are of the mind that there are “conditions” that “drive visitors to prefer text” rather than video.
In other words, there is a science to marketing via video content that shouldn’t be ignored. Marketers must, then, take care to develop content marketing strategies that will optimize the success of their video content.
That said, here are 3 tips to keep in mind when creating video content:
Make Your Video Content Short & Concise
While there is certainly a time and place for long-form video content, you need to understand when exactly producing it is appropriate.
You also need to understand that people won’t necessarily view your content as efficient just because it comes in the form of a video.
As you no doubt know, video content is supposed to supply potential customers with information quickly and concisely. Imagine, then, what would happen if your video content was neither short nor concise.
Few would probably watch it.
As a matter of fact, there are actually people who prefer to read video transcripts of long-form video content for the sake of saving time, so if you must create long-form video content, you should consider providing a transcript.
Make Your Video Content Appeal to the Target Demographic
Perhaps this piece of advice seems needless; we tend to think that people generally understand how to accomplish this task.
Unfortunately, however, our assumptions can sometimes be way off-base.
As it turns out, some people are clueless about how to make their content appeal to their target audiences. Luckily for them, this issue can be rectified by conducting market research and revamping marketing campaigns in response to the findings.
Take, for example, a high school’s campaign to discourage the use of recreational drugs. Let’s assume that this school produces video content in the form of cheesy cartoon sketches.
Needless to say, these campaigns fall flat because teenagers (the target audience) have other interests.
So how might the school have gotten a better response from the students?
Well, for one, they could have instantly found out more about their students’ interests by polling them. They might have even done a little research online by visiting social media pages geared towards teens.
Surely they would have found that popular music and reality television appeal more to teenagers, which would have prompted them to organize a campaign that capitalized off of those interests.
Choose Your Video Hosting Platform(s) Wisely
Not all video hosting platforms were created equal. Even so, that doesn’t mean that you should choose one over all of the others.
Instead, you should think about what you’re looking to get out creating your video content before you choose your hosting platform(s).
If, for example, you want people to discover your videos organically via search engines, you’ll definitely want to post them on YouTube. Simply put, platforms such as Facebook will not offer this type of organic search traffic.
Still, Facebook and the other video hosting platforms have their advantages if you know how to exploit them.
Consider, for instance, the fact that Facebook allows people to “curate” their news feeds. If you create shareable content, it’s quite possible that it will travel around the right circles, thereby getting you desirable results.
We’ll acknowledge it: Regardless of how many tips and tricks you keep in mind, video content marketing is still a challenge.
Having said that, we’d never recommend that you bypass businesses that specialize in inbound marketing strategies if you’re really having a tough time of things.
There is no shame in needing a little help. That’s one of the only guarantees when it comes to marketing.
- How to Find the Right Digital Marketing Agency
- What Are The Benefits Of Giving Away Freebies And Samples?
- 5 Foolproof Photoshoot Poses
- 4 Things You Need to Know About Remarketing Strategies
- How to Find the Right Digital Marketing AgencyYou don't want to hire just any company to handle your digital marketing needs. Here you'll discover how to find the right digital marketing agency.
- Top 10 Health and Wellness Lifestyle AppsTaking care of your mind and body should be a way of life in this fast-paced world. Check out our picks for the 10 best wellness lifestyle apps you need to try.
- 5 Investment Apps Every Investor Needs To DownloadWhether you're a new investor or a seasoned veteran, there are certain tools that will make your life easier. Here are 5 investment apps every investor needs.
- 5 Incredible Uses for CBD OilThe use of CBD oil is becoming more and more popular and with the rise in popularity has come the discovery of multiple amazing uses for the oil.
- 10 Smart Home Devices and Appliances That Will Change the Way You LiveSmart home devices and appliances are revolutionizing the way we live. Check out this article about 10 of these devices to give your home a major upgrade!
- 9 Tools You Need for Online Reputation ManagementIf you find managing your brand's online reputation important, then check out this guide. Here you'll find 9 essential tools for online reputation management.
- Is Honeyfund the Way to Honeymoon Savings?Asking wedding guests to help fund the honeymoon has become somewhat of a controversial topic. Find out if it's your pathway to honeymoon savings.
- What’s the Best Free CAD Software of 2018?Made a resolution to improve your CAD skills? The best part is that you don't have to pay a dime! Here is the best free CAD software of the new year.
- 5 Creative Marketing Ideas That Will Get Your Brand NoticedTo create an unforgettable brand for your target consumer, some creative marketing is needed. Check out this article for 5 ideas that will do just that!
- Top 5 Real Estate Coaching Programs OnlineHow do you go from being an agent into a six-figure real estate pro? You need serious real estate coaching. Here are the 5 best programs to advance your career.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion