Want to Become a Chartered Accountant? Here’s How
If you are interested in embarking on a career path and are considering becoming a chartered accountant, you need to know exactly where to start.
Chartered accountants enjoy flexible hours, high-earnings, and the ability to make a difference.
If this seems like something you’d be interested in doing, follow these steps to ensure you’re on your way to a successful career path.
On the path to any new career, it’s imperative that you have the right education and training before you dive in.
In the chartered accountant field, there are different specialties you can focus on:
- Accountant specializing in auditing
- Chartered management accountant
- Chartered public and finance accountant
Regardless of which specialty you’d like to focus on, your education and training should be specific to each specialty’s needs.
Bachelor’s vs Associates Degree
Both bachelor’s and associate degrees can land you a position in the chartered accounting industry.
Whichever you decide, make sure that you’re choosing to focus your studies in business, economics, or accounting.
If you already have a degree, regardless of the field of study, you can also take additional classes to hone your skills as an accountant.
Many local and online colleges offer classes that focus on business, accounting, auditing, and finance.
Once you’ve gained the education, you will need to enroll in a chartered accounting training course.
Offered either in person or online, these classes will help you gain the skills needed for your future career path.
Depending on your location, these classes prepare you for your chartered accounting exams, which are necessary to become a professional chartered accountant.
Many chartered accounting programs ask that you have at least three years experience working in a professional setting.
Like an internship, you should reach out to your university or college, or even your local chartered accountant association, to see where you can land a position that will enable you to gain the needed experience.
Once you’ve completed your education and training, and gained experience in a professional setting, you’re now set to take your qualifying exams.
Depending on which country you’re located in, the testing can last up to three days.
You must attain a passing score in order to be a chartered accountant.
Find a Job
So you’ve completed all your tests and studies, now you’re ready to get out into the job market!
Chartered accountants can be found in several countries around the world, so the sky is truly the limit when on the job hunt.
Some ways you can find and land a chartered accounting job:
- Become a member of your country’s professional accountant organization. You’ll be able to network and potentially meet someone who may know of job openings.
- Send out your resume. Sending out a letter of introduction and your resume will get your name out into the industry.
- Search job leads online. There are tons of websites, like LinkedIn, that allow you to network and find jobs in your industry.
- Network. In almost any job field it’s great to network with other industry professionals. Networking can land you a mentor who can help you through your career path.
If you’re on the hunt for an exciting career as a chartered accountant following the above steps will get you well on your way to your successful career.
Remember to focus on your education and training, and make sure once you’ve completed your exams you’re networking and looking for jobs within your industry.
Like any job search or career journey, it will take time and dedication to succeed in your goals.
- What Shark Tank Can Teach You About Startup Failures October 19, 2017
- Top 5 Documentaries About Plastic Surgery October 19, 2017
- The Best Expense Tracker App You Didn’t Know You Needed October 18, 2017
- 5 Mistakes to Avoid When You Hire a Web Designer October 18, 2017
- 3 Ways To Fix Snoring That Actually Work October 18, 2017
- 5 Health Benefits Found in the Best Kratom Products October 18, 2017
- 5 Job Site Safety Tips Every Worker Should Know October 18, 2017
- 6 Dishes Made in Italy You Have to Taste to Believe October 13, 2017
- Domestic Vs. Industrial Sewing Machine: What’s the Difference? October 13, 2017
- Entertainment Ideas For Your One-of-a-Kind Wedding Reception October 10, 2017
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion