HOW TO ALTER THE TEMPLATES
There are 3 possibilities:
1. Alter the PSD files by modifying only the text layers, or the entire design
2. Alter the jpg files by adding text. Try to use similar fonts as used in the
psd files. The fonts used are: ARIAL, IMPACT, VERDANA, FUTURA
3. Contact Alex from BlingCovers.com by email at his address email@example.com.
Please include “friend of John Hostler” in the subject line. He will modify the templates for you for a very small fee.
– text only: $5/template
– more complex changes: ask him and he’ll give you a price based on the complexity of the changes you want.
SPECIAL NOTE: Alex does NOT usually do this but he has graciously agreed to do it for you,
and only for you, my customer 😉 Please don’t share this, or his email address
1. First extract the IR Squeeze Zip folder
2. Change text/graphics as mentioned above in Graphics.
3. After you alter the text/graphics, please save the altered text/graphics in the ‘images’ folder.
Ex. if you alter template no. 3, save the altered files in the ‘Images’ subfolder of # 3.
By doing so, the HTML Index file will automatically update its graphics. (see screen prints below)
4. Open the HTML Index file and click on View in your Browser toolbar. Scroll down to Source and click.
You should see the HTML code for the file you just worked on. Copy all of that code into your favorite
HTML editor and you will be able to customize the template further, adding text and your opt in form. If
you don’t have an HTML editor try NVU (http://www.nvu.com/) – Free or Macromedia Dreamweaver –
the best paid software.
TIP- The easiest way to add your opt in form is to type 4444 in your editor, wherever you plan to
add it. Switch to HTML Source mode in your editor and search for the 4444. Highlight it, and
paste the code for your opt in form. When you revert back to Normal or edit mode, you will see
your form in all its glory.
TIP Make sure you upload the images from the Images folder to the Images directory on your
server. If you do not, then they will not appear on your uploaded Squeeze Page. If you do not have
an Images directory you will need to create one.
Paid Software for graphics:
That is the best software to use for your graphics
PhotoShop – Free 30 day trial here: http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=39
You can download a lot of very good free software in one place. You will find
software that allows you to do anything from photo editing to 3D animation
Download here: http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/default.asp
You’ll also find tutorials on the web site, so you can also learn how to use these programs.
The GIMP…the best free graphics software http://www.gimp.org
Pixia…software for graphic design http://park18.wakwak.com/7Epixia/
Dogwaffle…use this for paint and animation http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/free/index.html
Grafxshop…a suite of graphic and web design http://www.grafxshop.com/
Zpaint…3D graphics, buttons, and more http://www.steffengerlach.de/freeware/
Free and cheap images: