Digital Fundraising: How to Benefit Real World Causes Online
Do you run a charity and feel like you need some new ideas on how to raise funds?
It may surprise you to know that charities raised a total of $177 million through digital fundraising last year. Incredible, right? And there’s no reason why your charity can’t do it too.
It’s important that you know how to use the valuable online space for your charity so you aren’t left behind. With people being bombarded by messages both online and off, you must make your charity stand out.
Keep reading to find out the best digital fundraising strategies to raise funds for your charity.
Online Event Fundraising
A popular form of digital fundraising is raising funds for an event online. Current trends are moving toward mobile payments for a number of things. You can take advantage of this.
Firstly, sell tickets to your event online. Setting up an online payment method takes a lot of the hassle out of event planning. To sell even more, share posts on social media about how many tickets are left.
Once the event has sold out, you can direct wannabee attendees to a waiting list or ask them to sign up for updates.
You can also set up an event donation page and even people who don’t attend can still give. Include a call-to-action button and a detailed description of exactly how your charity will spend the money.
Digital Fundraising with Crowdfunding
Crowdfunding is a collective way to raise money through individual donors, friends, and family. This is an increasingly popular method of fundraising online. People feel a direct connection to projects they get when they give this way.
Supercharge your crowdfunding project by creating personalized messages for donors. Make sure your goal is realistic, don’t aim for too high of a dollar amount in a short period of time.
Finally, be sure to encourage people to share and comment as much as possible.
GoFundMe is the largest platform for crowdfunding. You can use their site to create a custom project. For an alternative to GoFundMe, weigh the pros and cons of other platforms such as YouCaring vs GoFundMe.
Gamify Your Giving
People love donating to charity, but life sometimes gets in the way. Want a good way to catch their interest and make giving fun? Turn it into a game!
Gamification means using game-like design or strategy. You’ve probably already used a thermometer that shows how close you are to a fundraising goal.
Take it further by creating badges or levels so that donors can display achievement. Using leaderboards is also fun and creates competition, and it rewards people in a public way.
Raising Funds for Your Charity Online
Hopefully, now you’ve got some great ideas for digital fundraising activities.
Remember at the heart of your strategy is engaging with donors. Keep online fundraising innovative and fun and you’ll always have donations rolling in.
Now that you’ve got the tools, it’s time to get out there and raise some funds for your charity.
Read up on some online digital marketing tips to raise your charity’s online profile even more.
- These Are the Types of Blogs You Should Be Writing
- How to Start a Luxury Travel Blog
- 6 Signs It’s Time For Driveway Resurfacing
- Preparing for Tax Season: What to Do
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion