Common Health Concerns For Mature Men
The saying is true: getting older is a pain. Everyone has their own ways of aging, but most struggle the same way.
This is definitely true if you’re a man — it’s easy to lose the vitality you had when you were young. You’re sluggish, and you lose your strength.
There are also certain diseases and conditions men are susceptible to developing as well as certain types of cancer.
Whether they’re issues with genitalia or issues with hormones, male aging isn’t a joke.
Read these health concerns for mature men. And always discuss any possible health issues with your doctor. Start understanding the signs before your health deteriorates.
This is a fancy word for balding. Up to 25% of the male population is susceptible to baldness as they mature. Most of these mature men develop this symptom at the age of 60, but some can start to lose hair as young as 30.
Alopecia isn’t limited to just balding. Alopecia also includes thinning hair or a receding hairline.
Check your genetic history if you believe you’ll be a victim of Alopecia. There are some treatment options available.
Heart Attack and Heart Disease
Heart diseases include cardiovascular disease and coronary artery disease, also called coronary heart disease (CHD).
Heart disease is the leading cause of death for Americans. One out of five Americans will get a heart attack sometime in their lives. And heart disease is also killing plenty of men and women outside of America.
Men are more likely to develop heart disease than women. The reason why has always been speculated. Heart disease is also the number one killer of women, but men are twice as likely to get a heart attack than women.
The most likely factors are high cholesterol, high blood pressure, diabetes, and lack of exercise that also results in a higher body mass index (BMI).
1.2 million heart attacks occur in America. 460,000 turn out to be fatal. Because these heart attacks are so intense, 300,000 die before they receive medical attention. These numbers are scary for mature men.
When the force of blood is stronger than what your arteries can handle, hypertension occurs.
Hypertension is the first sign that something life-threatening can occur. These diseases include heart failure, heart disease, impaired vision, stroke, and kidney disease.
Mature men are at more risk of developing these diseases when their blood pressure is very high. If this issue isn’t resolved, it can shorten a man’s lifespan between 10 and 20 years.
Produced by the liver, cholesterol is the building block of cell membranes.
It’s a soft and waxy fat that is a common steroid. Cholesterol is needed for many things such as producing Vitamin D, the formation of bile, your hormones, and other steroids.
Cholesterol is a very good steroid. However, too much cholesterol has negative consequences. When too much cholesterol is in your blood, it will accumulate in your arteries.
How do we consume too much cholesterol? In the food we eat.
If you don’t treat high cholesterol, it will increase your risk of heart disease as well as stroke and circulatory issues.
Urinary Tract Infection
Anyone can develop a urinary tract infection (UTI). These are common in adult men and women, even children can develop a UTI.
You get a UTI when bacteria enter your urethra. This causes bacteria to multiply, resulting in painful urination.
While not serious, without treatment mature men can suffer. A UTI can do serious damage to your kidneys and bladder. If not treated, a UTI can turn into a kidney infection.
Enlarged Prostate and Prostate Cancer
Every man does not look forward to the daunting prostate exam. But it’s necessary if you want to prevent Adenocarcinoma. This is cancerous growth on the prostate.
If the growth isn’t caught on time, cancer can spread to the whole prostate and other tissues. Eventually, cancer can spread throughout the body including the lungs, liver, and bones.
If you catch the prostate cancer before spreading, good news. Prostate cancer alone is very easy to treat. But you will have to endure the extremely awkward yearly exam in order to truly prevent prostate cancer.
As a man grows older, his sex drive slows down. While this is normal, it’s not appreciated by your wife, whose sex drive increases as she ages.
Erectile dysfunction has many forms.
A failed erection is the most common type, but other erectile dysfunction types include premature ejaculation. In some cases, infertility is the cause of erectile dysfunction and not age or lack of hormones.
To keep up with your wife — and continue feeling young — modern medicine has your back. You can easily treat erectile dysfunction with medication such as Testerone Free. Discuss your options with your doctor.
Your testicles are a very fragile part of the body. This is why many mature men are susceptible to developing some kind of issue with their testicles.
The most common issues are testicular pain or pain in the scrotum.
Epididymitis is another testicle issue that’s a cause of infertility. This is inflammation of the area that stores sperm.
If you notice your scrotum is swollen, this is hydrocele. However, this isn’t an issue; hydrocele is usually just scrotal inflammation and goes away on its own.
One of the many causes of health risks for mature men is how you treat yourself. As men age, they become more prone to developing addictions. The two biggest players are alcohol, narcotics, and cigarettes.
Additions and habits usually form with social incompetence, addiction family history, and stress.
Prevent Health Problems in Mature Men
There are many genetic and external factors that contribute to increased health risks.
It’s common for men to develop bad habits such as drinking and smoking cigarettes. If you’re predisposed to physical conditions such as cancer, this makes you more likely to develop them.
By paying attention to your health, you could potentially save your life.
If you want more health advice, read our content and educate yourself.
- 5 Mental Health Apps You Should Give a Try
- 5 Addiction Recovery Apps You’ll be Glad You Downloaded
- 5 Low-Carb Diet Tips to Keep You Sane
- Best Employee Health Insurance Options for Small Businesses
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion