How to Choose the Perfect Retractable Awning
Relaxing outside on your home’s patio or deck…
Whether it’s taking in a sunset or entertaining your family and friends, there’s no better way to spend a summer day or evening.
That is until the sun beats you down or the rain drives you back inside.
You’re then left to gaze longingly out the window, pining for the touch of a soothing summer breeze on your skin.
If only there was a way to extend the inside of your home outside.
Installing a retractable awning to your home’s exterior may be the solution you’ve been waiting for.
Benefits of a retractable awning
Adding a retractable awning to your home affords many benefits, including:
- Ease of installation and use
- Provides protection from harmful UV rays
- Increases home equity
- Creates comfortable space for enjoying the outdoors
- Entertain guests rain or shine
- Protects home interior and exterior
Whether you want to spend more time outside (comfortably) or add value to your home, installing a retractable awning is the best way to enhance your time spent on your deck or patio.
What will work best?
Before you run out to a box store like Home Depot, evaluate the outside of your home to determine what retractable awning system will suit your needs the best.
You’re making an addition to your home and it should be treated as an investment, not a new toy.
Examine the exterior for anything that may interfere with awning installation. Are there any structures like pipes or chimneys that will get in the way?
Also, remember that awnings are only able to extend out from your home’s exterior without installing additional supports.
Features to consider
Your awning doesn’t have to be fancy to enjoy the full benefits.
But if you want increased ease of use or increased protection from the elements, there are a variety of options available. Consider installing features such as:
- Screens to provide shade from a rising or setting sun
- Stabilizing bars to create more headroom and a sturdier structure
- Fabric enclosures to protect awning fabric while retracted
- Motorized and remote controlled systems for increased ease of use
- Fabric options to customize and accent the color of your home
- Sun sensors to adjust light and temperature requirements set by user
- Wind sensors to protect the awning from damaging high winds
Additional features will not only impress your guests. Increased ease of use will ensure worry-free operation, as well.
Furthermore, add-ons such as sun and wind sensors can be integrated into your home’s existing automation systems.
Controls and accessories
For extended home protection and usability, consider installing the following controls and accessories:
- Infrared heaters
- Outdoor heater bars allows for more time enjoying your awning
- Control switches
- Extend or retract your motorized awning from inside or outside
- Wireless switches
- Allows for remote operation from a distance
- Battery backup
- Provides further protection from severe weather and power outages
- UV ray and rain protection
- Long-lasting awning fabrics designed to withstand harsh weather
Now that you’ve explored the different options available, it’s time to evaluate the retractable awning that is best suited for your home and your needs.
Share your project ideas with a local product specialist to help determine which retractable awning system is the best fit your home.
- 7 of the Best Interior Design Trends of 2018
- How to Choose the Best Kitchen Appliances
- 5 Home Improvement Apps for DIYers
- 10 Best Sites To Go Furniture Shopping Online
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion