How to Choose the Perfect Retractable Awning
Relaxing outside on your home’s patio or deck…
Whether it’s taking in a sunset or entertaining your family and friends, there’s no better way to spend a summer day or evening.
That is until the sun beats you down or the rain drives you back inside.
You’re then left to gaze longingly out the window, pining for the touch of a soothing summer breeze on your skin.
If only there was a way to extend the inside of your home outside.
Installing a retractable awning to your home’s exterior may be the solution you’ve been waiting for.
Benefits of a retractable awning
Adding a retractable awning to your home affords many benefits, including:
- Ease of installation and use
- Provides protection from harmful UV rays
- Increases home equity
- Creates comfortable space for enjoying the outdoors
- Entertain guests rain or shine
- Protects home interior and exterior
Whether you want to spend more time outside (comfortably) or add value to your home, installing a retractable awning is the best way to enhance your time spent on your deck or patio.
What will work best?
Before you run out to a box store like Home Depot, evaluate the outside of your home to determine what retractable awning system will suit your needs the best.
You’re making an addition to your home and it should be treated as an investment, not a new toy.
Examine the exterior for anything that may interfere with awning installation. Are there any structures like pipes or chimneys that will get in the way?
Also, remember that awnings are only able to extend out from your home’s exterior without installing additional supports.
Features to consider
Your awning doesn’t have to be fancy to enjoy the full benefits.
But if you want increased ease of use or increased protection from the elements, there are a variety of options available. Consider installing features such as:
- Screens to provide shade from a rising or setting sun
- Stabilizing bars to create more headroom and a sturdier structure
- Fabric enclosures to protect awning fabric while retracted
- Motorized and remote controlled systems for increased ease of use
- Fabric options to customize and accent the color of your home
- Sun sensors to adjust light and temperature requirements set by user
- Wind sensors to protect the awning from damaging high winds
Additional features will not only impress your guests. Increased ease of use will ensure worry-free operation, as well.
Furthermore, add-ons such as sun and wind sensors can be integrated into your home’s existing automation systems.
Controls and accessories
For extended home protection and usability, consider installing the following controls and accessories:
- Infrared heaters
- Outdoor heater bars allows for more time enjoying your awning
- Control switches
- Extend or retract your motorized awning from inside or outside
- Wireless switches
- Allows for remote operation from a distance
- Battery backup
- Provides further protection from severe weather and power outages
- UV ray and rain protection
- Long-lasting awning fabrics designed to withstand harsh weather
Now that you’ve explored the different options available, it’s time to evaluate the retractable awning that is best suited for your home and your needs.
Share your project ideas with a local product specialist to help determine which retractable awning system is the best fit your home.
- How To Start A Cleaning Blog For Your Industrial Cleaning Company
- 7 Modern Home Improvements That Will Add Value to Your Home
- 6 Signs It’s Time For Driveway Resurfacing
- 5 Interior Design Apps That Will Help You Remodel
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- How To Start A Cleaning Blog For Your Industrial Cleaning CompanyDo you run an industrial cleaning company and need to find a way to attract more business? Read here to learn how to start a cleaning blog for your company!
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion