CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best Practices
Does your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? Are you sick of looking for lotions and creams that won’t irritate your sensitive skin?
Well, it may be time to look into the benefits of CBD lotion. CBD is making waves in traditional marijuana markets right now. It comes in liquid drops, foods, and now, topical uses, too!
Not to worry, though, CBD is legal in all 50 states – and when used correctly, lotion made with CBD can soothe your body in all the right ways.
Here is a closer look at what this amazing oil is and how applying it topically works.
What Is CBD Lotion?
Before you dive into the ins and outs of CBD lotion, it’s worth getting a good understanding of CBD itself.
The Basics of CBD
CBD stands for Cannabidiol, a non-psychoactive component of marijuana. Since CBD cannot get a person “high” it is not illegal. Rather, the effects of CBD are all about creating a relaxing, soothing effect – which is often to a lesser extent than that of THC (the psychoactive, illegal part of marijuana).
Still, this little compound can create a major difference in the lives of those who use it. Here are some things CBD can be used as:
- an anti-depressant
- an antipsychotic
- something to fight insomnia
- as a way to treat anxiety
These are just a handful of examples. Arguably, the most famous is the way CBD was used to treat an epileptic seizure, which put this substance on the map.
The Rising Popularity and Accessibility of Topical Hemp Products
What came first – the popularity of CBD, or the many forms in which it is available? There was definitely a craze that spiked the demand for new products. But, once those released, CBD’s popularity spread like wildfire across the nation and it became even more accessible than before.
CBD can be found in the form of flavored oils to vape with, as drops to put in food, in gummies and other purely CBD edibles, and as various topical products, including lotion. To discover each variation, check out the selection at Highland Pharms.
It makes sense that consumption of CBD would have a direct effect, whether through eating or drinking. However, topical applications are one of the more innovative, newer ways to use CBD.
Here’s how CBD lotion works and what it can be used for.
What Does it Do?
Lotion made with CBD begins as a standard cream that is then infused with a concentrated form of CBD. The concentrate is potent and much more powerful than a regular, comparable amount of CBD would be.
When applied, CBD lotion has the power to relieve physical pains and to relax stresses on the mind, too.
Suppress Physical Aches and Pains
When you smoke or otherwise consume CBD, it has to go through various parts of your body to target that pain you feel on your shoulders or knees. This is why using lotion is such a great alternative.
No matter where you feel a certain pain all you have to do is apply the lotion directly in that area. This means you can rub a bit of CDB lotion on your temples or the nape of your neck for headaches. You can also put CBD in sensitive joint areas like the wrists, fingers, and ankles.
Other places to put this special substance may be a small part of the back or spine or even a bruise on the leg.
Plus, CBD lotion isn’t just for joint or muscle pain! Its been known to help soothe sunburns, rashes, and eczema, among other skin ailments.
Soothe the Mind
It’s easy to see that a bruise is a bruise or a burn is a burn, or just to pinpoint acute pains anywhere on the body. Sometimes, though, your mind gets into a funk and you can’t tell why.
For such cases and more, CBD lotion can help.
This should not be used as the definitive answer to a mental illness issue you’re experiencing. But, it can be a great way to manage the effects of your condition, in conjunction with other efforts.
Use CBD lotion to relax your mind after a long day, or to help it out of a funk that you feel you’re in. Just make it a point not to rely on this as your only solution.
The Best Practices of Topical CBD
Whether you’re using CBD lotion for physical or mental benefits, make sure you’re using it correctly. You may just think to apply it as you would any other lotion, but there are a few things to be aware of.
Clean Your Skin
Since the CBD concentrate in the lotion will be soaking into the skin and entering the body, it’s best to prevent other particles from catching a ride. Clean the area where you wish to apply your lotion.
All this takes is a few minutes, some water, and a bit of body soap. You don’t have to do an extensive deep clean. But, at least make sure any dirt or sweat your body has accumulated throughout the day is not lingering.
Apply a Generous Amount
Once the area where you want to apply the lotion is prepared, lather it on thick.
Don’t be afraid to spread a good amount. Remember, this isn’t about getting a silky smooth touch. Although that’s part of putting any kind of lotion on, creams with CBD are meant to treat a certain pain or feeling.
Make the effects of CBD the best they can be by giving your body enough of this substance.
Wash Right After
When you’re done applying CBD lotion to your desired area, wash your hands!
The last thing you want to do is rub your eyes or eat something with your fingers only to find that there are remnants of the lotion still on you. These creams are often made with things like citrus, peppermint, and even black pepper. Such ingredients are meant to stimulate the skin and promote the effects of CBD.
But, they can irritate you in other places if you aren’t careful, which is why you should always wash immediately after applying.
The Many Uses of CBD
CBD oil has transformed the marijuana market, and the way people think about marijuana overall.
Its subtle effects are not to be underestimated when it comes to dealing with daily aches and pains or mental struggles. CBD allows you to be in full control while using it for such conditions, no matter the form in which you choose to buy it.
Plus, there is much more to this oil than just using a lotion to relax with.
To discover more about the many uses of CBD, click here.
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your Life
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil Online
- 5 Proven Tips For Achieving Mind Body Balance
- How to Choose the Best Testosterone Supplements for Building Muscle
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion