Posted In:Gadgets and Gizmos Archives - Pligg
Maybe you’ve read it in a magazine or you’ve heard a story from a friend: vape batteries are dangerous, and they can cause serious injury.
It’s certainly true that people have suffered injuries from vape batteries. But, these batteries are no more or less dangerous than the batteries you use in your cell phone or in your TV remote.
In order to avoid injury, you just need to make sure you’re implementing the right safety precautions.
Let’s take a look at the top 5 safety tips for using a vape battery.
Safety Tip #1: Buy Quality Products
This should go without saying, but too many people think they’re being “smart and savvy” by buying cheap vape products.
Quality vape products will cost more upfront, but they’ll last longer and therefore save you more money in the long run.
Your first purchase should be a quality vape. Cheaply made vapes have a much higher risk of explosion. Make sure the vape you select isn’t just one that looks nice. It should have good reviews and be known for its durability.
The same goes for battery purchases: only buy quality batteries from trusted brands. Even the best e cigarette will not be able to withstand a crappy battery.
You should also buy a quality smart charger. Smart chargers come with extra safety features that regular chargers don’t have. These extra safety features will help prevent you from overcharging or discharging.
Safety Tip #2: Battery Cases
You’re planning on vaping outside your home, so you quickly chuck your batteries into your purse or your pocket without a second thought.
While this may seem harmless, it can actually be quite dangerous.
Exposed batteries coming into contact with car keys, loose change, or anything metal in your pocket is bad news. Why?
Because it creates a circuit. And circuits start fires. Putting out a fire in your pants is probably not how you want your day to go.
Luckily, solving this problem is easy. You just need to put your batteries in a battery case. There are all sorts of battery cases sold at vape stores, so getting your hands on one should not be a problem.
Safety Tip #3: Be Aware When Charging
Most of us don’t give a second thought when we plug in an electronic device into its charging port.
However, you should always keep an eye on your vape while charging it. And make sure you’re not:
- Charging it on a flammable surface
- Overcharging it
- Charging in rooms with extreme temperatures (below 50 degrees Fahrenheit or above 115 degrees Fahrenheit)
Safety Tip #4: Never Use Damaged Batteries
It’s understandable that you want to get the most out of your batteries.
However, using damaged batteries will never end well. If your batteries are frayed, fail to keep a charge, or have some other exposed fault, you need to safely dispose of them immediately.
Safety Tip #5: Don’t Mix and Match Cords and Wall Pieces
Ever forgotten your charger at home and had to borrow a friend’s instead?
Normally it never causes any issues, right?
Although this may be fine with a phone, you shouldn’t do this with your vape batteries. iPhone wall pieces can easily overcharge your battery and cause it to burst. So make sure you only charge with your own equipment.
Vape Battery Safety: Wrap Up
We hope these safety tips come in handy the next time you’re handling your vape battery.
If you have any questions about these tips, please don’t hesitate to drop a comment below!
Are you looking to take your vaping experience to the next level?
If so, you may want to consider investing in some new accessories for your vaporizer. The right accessories can make the experience more enjoyable and even help you better maintain your product.
Besides, using your vape in the same format over and over again can get a little boring.
Here are the 5 most essential accessories to ensure a better vaping experience:
Having the finest grind possible will help you get the most out of your vaping experience. It is truly one of the best investments a regular smoker can make.
If you choose to grind by hand, pollen and other materials will easily get stuck to your fingers. This can reduce the potency of the herb.
However, when you use a grinder, the herbs are much more easy to conserve. You can pack them more tightly into your vape pen- meaning they’ll be exposed to less oxygen. Decreased exposure to oxygen means the herb will burn less before you inhale. The airflow will also be increased.
This means you have more control of how smoothly and quickly it burns.
Most grinders are either aluminum or plastic. They have two interlocking pieces that form a top chamber and a bottom chamber. When you twist the two pieces, they move opposite one another. It is this motion that slices and grinds up the dry herb inside.
You will need to clean your grinder every so often to prevent it from getting clogged.
If you’ve spent a lot of money on your vaporizer, you’re probably going to want to take it out of the house with you from time to time.
But, you also don’t want to risk damaging it during transport. This is where a vape case comes in. With a case, you can take your vaporizer anywhere you want without worrying about damage. Plus, vape cases are great for storing all of your accessories in one place.
With great vaping comes great responsibility.
If you want to get the most out of your vaping sessions, you need to make sure you are cleaning your vaporizer on a regular basis. There are many cleaning kits on the market that come with all the right tools to keep your vape as clean as a whistle.
Every oil vaporizer comes with two main components: the batteries and the atomizer. The atomizer is what turns the liquid oil into vapor.
You have two options for delivering the liquid to the atomizer: with a clearomizer or a cartomizer.
We suggest a clearomizer because its transparency allows you to see your liquid at all times and refill it before it gets too low. This way, you won’t wind up with that awful burning smell that happens when you vape for too long.
A clearomizer, such as the Aspire Triton, also helps you the get clean, natural flavors of the liquid better than the cartomizer.
Smell Proof Bag
We all know how potent the smell of marijuana can be.
Investing in a smell proof bag for your dry herbs is s great option for when you are taking your vape outside the house.
With the five items in tow, your vaping experience will be significantly better.
All of these items can be purchased online or at your local dispensary. If you have any questions about these items, please don’t hesitate to drop us a comment below.
For some people, drones have a reputation for killing time and having fun. But for others, the right unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) can provide a lucrative primary income or side gig.
Professional drones need a little more than the basic features of casual use drones. This guide tells you everything you need to know about professional drones so you can buy with confidence.
Answered: The Three Most Common Questions about Buying Professional Drones
How Will You Use Your Professional Drone?
Depending on why you’re buying a professional drone will dictate what kind of drone you need and which features will prove beneficial.
Once you determine how you will use your UAV, consider the following features:
The size and battery of your UAV will determine how long your drone can stay airborne. On average, you can expect around 5-10 minutes of flight time for most beginner drones. More expensive drones may offer up to 30 minutes of in-air action.
You should also consider getting a few backup batteries to maximize your flight session. Beginner drones’ batteries are typically cheaper and easier to change. Make sure you factor this cost into your decision before you buy.
Some controllers are simply that: controllers. Others offer a built-in video screen that live streams from the drone’s camera. And others provide a downloadable app that sends video to your phone.
In addition, some controllers may relay diagnostics in real time, such as speed, altitude, and battery life. Make sure these features are crucial to you before investing any major money.
Whether you’ve been piloting drones for years or want to earn your wings for the first time, there’s a drone to suit your skills.
If you’re just starting, don’t spend too much money on your first drone. It’s better to buy a cheap drone to learn on then upgrade to a nicer one than to crash an expensive drone while you hone your skills.
Just like regular digital cameras, drone cameras are not all the same. If image quality is essential to your drone needs, keep in mind that you get what you pay for.
Most of the higher end drones will offer GPS capabilities, such as a Return Home function or programmable coordinates. This can help you reach tricky places more accurately and make sure your drone comes back to you.
Do Size and Shape Matter?
In a word, yes.
Typically, quadcopters come in two frame patterns, X and H. Both are known for their maneuverability and stability in the air, even in winds of 10-15 mph. These drones consist of four blades and motors and a gyroscope to determine the drone’s orientation during flight.
Quadcopters typically make the best choice for beginners, regardless of purpose, because they’re easy to master the basics.
For more advanced UAV pilots, you can consider other drone options, such as helicopters, tricopters, hexacopters, and octocopters.
Who are the Most Reputable Manufacturers of Professional Drones?
Investing in a professional drone isn’t a decision to take lightly. Just like with other electronic devices, you want to ensure your drone manufacturer is trusted and reputable to give you the most for your money.
The Cheerwing Syma x5sw v3 is one the most top-rated professional drones on the market. It’s also one of the most economical, which makes it an attractive choice for beginners.
The Wrap Up
There are lots of solid options for professional drones, which can complicate the buying process. If you’re ever in doubt, read user reviews and forums to see which one will best suit your needs.
Just like with any other niche, drones have a dedicated community of users who will be more than happy to help.
Prefer to read books on the screen rather than by the page? Tired of all the clutter that comes with once-read books? Looking to streamline your reading routine?
30% of readers read from eBook reader last year, and if you’ve never tried them out for yourself, now might be the time!
The unique and attractive benefits of this cutting-edge technology include:
- Portability. Rather than crammed bookshelves, thousands of titles can fit within one device
- Environmental benefits. Less paper and packaging costs.
- Instant downloading, rather than searching for it in the bookstore or waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
- On-demand entertainment and convenience. Whether it’s learning how to level up your blog or repair your Yamaha WaveRunner XLT1200 Jet Ski, ebook Readers allow you to access infinite information from your fingertips.
Yet, with so many models on the market, it may feel overwhelming to find the right eBook reader for you. Luckily, we’ve done the research, and have come up with the ultimate list for you!
Let’s dig in!
The Hottest E-Book Readers on the Market
Best in Price
Retails for $99.99
Why we love it
- At $99.99, it’s one of the most affordable eBook readers on the market
- Single charge lasts from 6-8 weeks
- Can hold it comfortably with just one hand
- Comfortable and appropriate lighting for a variety of settings
- Includes Smart Lookup, which provides dictionary access and Wikipedia for increased learning
- Available for free, 2-day shipping if you already have Amazon Prime
- Access to the Kindle store
Best Large Screen
Retails for $229.99
Why we love it:
- Waterproof from the inside out, because who doesn’t love reading in the bathtub or poolside?
- Seamless integration with your local, public library
- Up to 1-month battery life
- Can store up to 6,000 ebooks
- Premium large screen with adaptability for large text
- Access to Kobo marketplace and variety of accessories
- Connects with Wifi/3G
Best Premium eBook Reader
Retails for $289.99
Why we love it:
- Lightest Kindle market on the market. 30% thinner than the rest. This means more comfortable reading for you. It also means taking up less space in your bag or suitcase,
- Crafted technology designed to “rest” in your hand like a book. Suitable for one-handed reading (who doesn’t want that?)
- Built-in light features 60% increased LED compared to other Kindle models
- Automatically charges when cover is snapped on (no pesky cords)
- Premium leather charging case included in price
- Can connect with WIFI or 3G
Best Compatibility Features
Retails for $99.99
Why we love it:
- Waterproof and dustproof
- Naturally adjustable lighting that’s evenly dispersed
- Six-week battery from a single charge
- Seamlessly integrates with all devices
- Supports local library access and borrowing
- Free lifetime in-store Barnes & Noble customer support
Best for Sensitive Eyes
Retails for $159.99
Why we love it:
- Extra-large no-glare touchscreen designed to look like actual paper print
- ComfortLight directs the light on the page- rather than your eyes
- High-definition quality
- Waterproof and dustproof (drying cloth included!)
- Options to customize- 24 font sizes, 11 font types, adjustable margins, ability to highlight, jot down notes, and its own dictionary
When Should You Consider a Tablet?
Interested in streamlining your book library while also being able to surf the Internet, take photos, or email?
Looking for something portable and accessible (and bigger than just a cell phone?)
If so, tablets might be for you. In addition to providing reader capabilities, they also allow for various other tasks, such as playing games, email, phone calls, social media, etc.
These can be excellent tools in the workplace or school. They also make for great sources of knowledge and entertainment for people of all ages.
But, with so many models on the market, it can feel tough to narrow down your choices. We’ve done the hard work for you. We recommend you consider checking out the following models:
Best in Price
Retails for: $64.99
Why we love it:
- At $64.99, it’s one of the most affordable and effective, all-inclusive tablets on the market
- Up to 12 hours of battery life
- Stunning HD display with clear resolution and fantastic lighting
- Alexa integration: can ask questions, get up-to-date news, and control your home with a simple request
Best for Apple Fanatics
Retails for $329+
Why we love it:
- Seamless integration with your other Apple products and tools (Macbook, iPhone, iCloud)
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- HD camera
- Over 1 million apps available (through Apple app store)
- 10-hour battery life
- Variety of fonts, texts, and colors
- Can be covered under AppleCare for additional cost
Best for Kids
Retails for $99.99
Why we love it:
- Includes 1 year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited (excellent educational tools and games for children)
- Attractive, sturdy case included with price
- 2-year warranty guarantee. Perfect for clumsy kids
- Unlimited access to kid-friendly books (promotes fun in learning)
- Parental controls for monitoring
- Makes for a great gift for the child in your life
Narrowing down Your Decision?
Some points to consider:
- Where do you do most of your reading? If you’re a bathtub, poolside, or beach reader, we highly recommend waterproof models!
- Does weight matter? Do you want it to “feel” like an actual book (lightweight and easy to flip through) or do you mind if it feels more like a screen?
- Do you want a device that can “do it all?” If so, we highly recommend looking into tablets, as they provide tremendous bang for your buck.
- What’s your budget? Technology prices can dramatically vary. An effective eBook reader can range from $60 to upwards of $400.
How to Take Advantage of Your Ebook Reader
Did you know that these powerful devices can be used for so much more than just books?
At Pligg, our extensive library offers everything from repair manuals to documents to software to music- all downloadable, all instantaneous, and all right to your streaming device.
We are constantly adding new content. In our database, we pride ourselves in featuring whatever is hot on the market, and we pride ourselves in being able to provide a totally customized experience for you.
My first experience with night vision technology wasn’t in real life. What caught my imagination was that scene in Jurassic Park where Tim Murphy picks up the fancy looking night vision goggles and is then told by the lawyer to put them down because “those are probably expensive.”
I suddenly saw myself out in the pre-historic bush hunting velociraptors in the dark.
Now that I’m a grown man, I hunt other things in the dark. Which is why I use the best night vision scope. They don’t look as fancy as the goggles in Jurassic Park, but they are better.
This is technically a conversion piece, but it’s my go-to when I need a something reliable for medium range magnified night vision.
- Manual gain adjustment
- A third generation vision scope
- A QD mount for Picatinny rail systems
- 1x magnification capability
- Daytime optics conversion
2. ATN Thor-HD
This all-digital night vision scope is closest to what I saw in Jurassic Park and dreamed of using as a kid. This all digital device will give you full-color images instead of the traditional monochrome output.
- A digital thermal scope setting
- A Color Display
- Multiple digital reticle patterns for target variation
- Has a long battery life for long hunts
- Can run on one battery
- Attaches to any standard Picatinny rail
A step down from the Thor as far as color goes, this digital wonder gives you vibrant images. It is clearly designed for long distance shooting as I can spot a target from 1400 yards on any given night.
- A wireless remote control for remote setup
- A 1.9x magnification for long distance spotting
- High-resolution imagery that is superior to tube imaging
- Displays thermal signatures from 1400 yards away
- It’s definitely one of the longest range night vision scopes on the market today.
Armasight definitely had hunters in mind when they built the Nemesis. It’s an interesting combination of second generation night vision technology with high powered magnification clear enough to feel like you’re standing in front of the target.
- Second generation night vision technology
- 6 power magnification (highly powerful)
- An auto-brightness control for easy hands-free use
- It attaches to standard Picatinny rails
- Includes an illuminated red center cross reticle
- Made with sturdy waterproof construction for any weather situation
This sight is a basic go-to sight. It works well enough.
It doesn’t stand out among the competition but it’s affordable. It doesn’t touch the geek side.
But when you need something dependable that won’t break the bank, the Pulsar N750 will do for just about any situation.
- A digital night vision scope
- Second generation style technology
- A long eye relief to keep any sort of distraction out
- A built-in IR illuminator so you don’t have to purchase one
- OLED display
- A video out feature if you want to capture the hunt
There are many fine rifle night vision scopes out there today. If you pick one that fits your needs and your preferences, you will see clearly in the dark for a long time.
What are you favorite night vision scopes? Let me know. And, as always, stay on target!
- The 5 Best Motivational Cards You Can Download August 21, 2017
- Growing Your Online Empire in 5 Easy Steps August 21, 2017
- 5 Real Estate Books Every Agent Should Own August 18, 2017
- How to Download Logo Graphics for Your Brand Strategy August 18, 2017
- A Quick Digital Guide to Clothes Washing Symbols August 17, 2017
- Is VR Real Estate Tech Really an Industry Game Changer? August 17, 2017
- The 7 Most Expensive Sports Tickets of All Time August 15, 2017
- 5 Safety Tips for Using Your Vape Battery August 15, 2017
- How to Download Easy Graphic Design Software August 14, 2017
- How to Use Kratom: 5 Must-Read Books to Download August 14, 2017
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion