Posted In:Family Archives - Pligg
It’s hard to believe that the year is already almost over. The leaves are beginning to change, which can only indicate one thing: the start of the holiday season.
With fall now here, it’s time to start thinking about your annual holiday festivities. And while the holidays are a time of joy, cheer, and love, they can also be stressful.
Since you’re already saving every penny to buy that perfect gift, make sure you’re not overspending on the little things. For instance, have you considered how much you’re spending on cards?
One estimate puts the holiday card industry at over $2 billion per year on Christmas cards alone!
Save yourself time and stress by preparing digital holiday cards this year. Read on to learn how digital cards can save your budget.
Running The Costs Of Traditional Holiday Cards
Just how much do you and your family spend on holiday cards each year? Let’s crunch some quick numbers to get a ballpark estimate.
Let’s say you’re a family of 4 with extended family spread out throughout the country. You’re going to send around 20 to 30 cards, at the very least.
Your average card costs around $3.00 to $3.50, so let’s say you’re paying $3.25 per card. That’s already $97.50 you’re spending on cards, plus another $5 for envelopes, so you’re at $102.50
But that’s before you factor in the cost of shipping and postage. Following a recent rate increase, you can expect to pay around $0.50 for postage.
Your grand total is now around $117.50. And remember, these are estimates on the smaller side. If you have lots of family and friends, you’ll likely pay more.
That’s $117 that you could use to put a little extra cheer into your holidays.
Designing Your Digital Holiday Cards
Now that we’ve looked at how much you could be saving, let’s talk about something far more fun: designing your card!
Traditional cards look great, and you can replicate much of the design yourself using software. Best of all, most of the software you’ll find is quite affordable and easy to use. You can even find different graphics to add to your card.
To get a general idea of where you want to begin, start by simply browsing through cards until you find a design you like. Check out your favorite card shop, and Best Holiday Cards for more great card designs.
Once you’ve found your design, it’s time to download some software and start creating. All you need is a template, some time, and a bit of creativity.
Sending Your Cards
Keeping up with various addresses can be such a pain, and sometimes you may not be sure if someone moved. Make things easier on yourself, and your recipient, but sending via email.
You’ll save money and time! It’s a much easier, more productive way to spread your annual holiday cheer.
All you need is a new file on your computer and you’ll be good to go. It’s a smarter, more affordable way to send cards during the holiday season.
Prepare Your Digital Holiday Cards Today
The holidays are almost upon us, so it’s time to start preparing your digital holiday cards. Find your favorite design software and get to creating.
Start designing today and spread the love no matter where your family and friends are. Be sure to keep checking back for more great tips to save you money!
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion