Posted In:Digital Downloads Archives - Pligg
Prefer to read books on the screen rather than by the page? Tired of all the clutter that comes with once-read books? Looking to streamline your reading routine?
30% of readers read from eBook reader last year, and if you’ve never tried them out for yourself, now might be the time!
The unique and attractive benefits of this cutting-edge technology include:
- Portability. Rather than crammed bookshelves, thousands of titles can fit within one device
- Environmental benefits. Less paper and packaging costs.
- Instant downloading, rather than searching for it in the bookstore or waiting for it to arrive in the mail.
- On-demand entertainment and convenience. Whether it’s learning how to level up your blog or repair your Yamaha WaveRunner XLT1200 Jet Ski, ebook Readers allow you to access infinite information from your fingertips.
Yet, with so many models on the market, it may feel overwhelming to find the right eBook reader for you. Luckily, we’ve done the research, and have come up with the ultimate list for you!
Let’s dig in!
The Hottest E-Book Readers on the Market
Best in Price
Retails for $99.99
Why we love it
- At $99.99, it’s one of the most affordable eBook readers on the market
- Single charge lasts from 6-8 weeks
- Can hold it comfortably with just one hand
- Comfortable and appropriate lighting for a variety of settings
- Includes Smart Lookup, which provides dictionary access and Wikipedia for increased learning
- Available for free, 2-day shipping if you already have Amazon Prime
- Access to the Kindle store
Best Large Screen
Retails for $229.99
Why we love it:
- Waterproof from the inside out, because who doesn’t love reading in the bathtub or poolside?
- Seamless integration with your local, public library
- Up to 1-month battery life
- Can store up to 6,000 ebooks
- Premium large screen with adaptability for large text
- Access to Kobo marketplace and variety of accessories
- Connects with Wifi/3G
Best Premium eBook Reader
Retails for $289.99
Why we love it:
- Lightest Kindle market on the market. 30% thinner than the rest. This means more comfortable reading for you. It also means taking up less space in your bag or suitcase,
- Crafted technology designed to “rest” in your hand like a book. Suitable for one-handed reading (who doesn’t want that?)
- Built-in light features 60% increased LED compared to other Kindle models
- Automatically charges when cover is snapped on (no pesky cords)
- Premium leather charging case included in price
- Can connect with WIFI or 3G
Best Compatibility Features
Retails for $99.99
Why we love it:
- Waterproof and dustproof
- Naturally adjustable lighting that’s evenly dispersed
- Six-week battery from a single charge
- Seamlessly integrates with all devices
- Supports local library access and borrowing
- Free lifetime in-store Barnes & Noble customer support
Best for Sensitive Eyes
Retails for $159.99
Why we love it:
- Extra-large no-glare touchscreen designed to look like actual paper print
- ComfortLight directs the light on the page- rather than your eyes
- High-definition quality
- Waterproof and dustproof (drying cloth included!)
- Options to customize- 24 font sizes, 11 font types, adjustable margins, ability to highlight, jot down notes, and its own dictionary
When Should You Consider a Tablet?
Interested in streamlining your book library while also being able to surf the Internet, take photos, or email?
Looking for something portable and accessible (and bigger than just a cell phone?)
If so, tablets might be for you. In addition to providing reader capabilities, they also allow for various other tasks, such as playing games, email, phone calls, social media, etc.
These can be excellent tools in the workplace or school. They also make for great sources of knowledge and entertainment for people of all ages.
But, with so many models on the market, it can feel tough to narrow down your choices. We’ve done the hard work for you. We recommend you consider checking out the following models:
Best in Price
Retails for: $64.99
Why we love it:
- At $64.99, it’s one of the most affordable and effective, all-inclusive tablets on the market
- Up to 12 hours of battery life
- Stunning HD display with clear resolution and fantastic lighting
- Alexa integration: can ask questions, get up-to-date news, and control your home with a simple request
Best for Apple Fanatics
Retails for $329+
Why we love it:
- Seamless integration with your other Apple products and tools (Macbook, iPhone, iCloud)
- Touch ID fingerprint sensor
- HD camera
- Over 1 million apps available (through Apple app store)
- 10-hour battery life
- Variety of fonts, texts, and colors
- Can be covered under AppleCare for additional cost
Best for Kids
Retails for $99.99
Why we love it:
- Includes 1 year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited (excellent educational tools and games for children)
- Attractive, sturdy case included with price
- 2-year warranty guarantee. Perfect for clumsy kids
- Unlimited access to kid-friendly books (promotes fun in learning)
- Parental controls for monitoring
- Makes for a great gift for the child in your life
Narrowing down Your Decision?
Some points to consider:
- Where do you do most of your reading? If you’re a bathtub, poolside, or beach reader, we highly recommend waterproof models!
- Does weight matter? Do you want it to “feel” like an actual book (lightweight and easy to flip through) or do you mind if it feels more like a screen?
- Do you want a device that can “do it all?” If so, we highly recommend looking into tablets, as they provide tremendous bang for your buck.
- What’s your budget? Technology prices can dramatically vary. An effective eBook reader can range from $60 to upwards of $400.
How to Take Advantage of Your Ebook Reader
Did you know that these powerful devices can be used for so much more than just books?
At Pligg, our extensive library offers everything from repair manuals to documents to software to music- all downloadable, all instantaneous, and all right to your streaming device.
We are constantly adding new content. In our database, we pride ourselves in featuring whatever is hot on the market, and we pride ourselves in being able to provide a totally customized experience for you.
Selling on auction sites like eBay, GunBroker, Bid4Assets and other online auction marketplaces that support HTML has always been a gamble.
Luckily, you can improve your product listings by getting free auction templates to boost your sales.
An auction template is usually a great option if you are not adept at writing your own, or you simply have no time. The good thing is that you can customize the template to give your own personality to your pages.
Here are some of the benefits your online store can enjoy from using auction templates.
Ready? Let’s go!
1. Easy to use
Most templates are usually easy to implement to your product listings. They come with sections for adding your text so you can add your product titles and descriptions easily. This is where you want your target keywords to appear.
If you understand coding, templates offer an easy way to give your listings a look and feel you desire. Some systems only need you to enter the product details and then pick a template that suits you.
Moreover, most usually come with directions and documentation on how to install and modify the theme.
2. Listing design
With a template, you can create sections that you want to put content for potential customers to see. A template can have 6 to 12 sections for auction title, feature image, product description, payment details, business logo, shipping details and much more.
Ensure the layout is done correctly while giving emphasis to the most important details first. Don’t forget to add your business logo to give your listing a professional feel.
Create engaging taglines, titles, and call to actions that will prompt your customers to buy or contact you.
3. Save time
Auction templates allow you to focus on improving your sales instead of creating your own templates.
The benefit of using free options is that you can make profiles within your system to make the creation of an auction fast.
A good system that offers built-in image hosting allows you to upload images in bulk and store them for later use.
This whole process makes running your online store more convenient as you are able to focus on things that matter.
4. Promote other auctions
Another great feature that you can benefit from using templates is the cross promotion.
One way you can do this is by adding a cross-gallery in your successful auctions. This way, you are able to drive traffic to other auctions and improve your conversion rates.
When adding auctions to the gallery, ensure they are all optimized and the message they’re passing is clear.
The bottom line
Using free auction templates can help to improve your conversion rates which result in increased sales.
Take the time to design and personalize the layout if you want a different look for every product you sell. Manipulate the colors, font sizes, and shades until you get something that fits your product.
Before optimizing your auction listings, make sure you research and pick the right keywords that customer use to find the products.
Take ample time and work through every step.
The U.S. music industry was said to be worth $15.5 billion in 2016. But given that we’re living in a technological world where geography plays a smaller part, globally, it’s closer to $43 billion.
The music industry was caught napping a few years back; music streaming was beginning to take-off, but the industry’s big hitters ignored it.
Right up until it affected their sales numbers.
It’s doubtful they’ll be as complacent with the next big music trends; check out ten of them here.
1) Music Streaming
In 2016, music streaming became the industry’s biggest source of income; revenue from streaming grew by 57% in the first half of the year.
We’ve all heard of the likes of Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music and Google Play Music, but when the likes of Amazon join in, you know that the music industry must be sitting up and taking notes.
Even iTunes (that has a 64% share of the U.S. digital music market) must be re-evaluating their business plan.
2) Virtual Reality
A bit more of slow-burner, Virtual Reality won’t be the biggest of the music trends this year, but it’s certainly on the way up.
Market experts say that the VR music market could be worth as much as $30 billion by the year 2020, but that encompasses more than just music (think merchandising and the like).
Artists such as Bjork, Paul McCartney, U2, Coldplay, and Deadmau5 have already experimented with Virtual Reality systems with great results; whether that’s with an immersive video or at a live concert.
3) Artistic Holograms
Sadly, 2016 was a bad year for the music industry, we lost such greats as David Bowie, George Michael, Leonard Cohen and Prince (among much more).
But technology could mean that we see them making one-off appearances at special gigs in the form of a hologram.
4) Social Media
Social media is taking over the planet right now.
Along with the big guns, it seems that not a day goes by without another startup claiming to be the next Facebook (and hoping to emulate their success).
But with instant gratification in the form of likes, comments, and shares, it’s no wonder that b(r)ands are using social media as a way of communicating directly with their fans.
It doesn’t matter whether you’re in Massachusetts or Mumbai, you can keep up to date with all things relating to Taylor Swift or Metallica.
5) Different Release
Has downloading or streaming had its day?
Not quite (see point 1), but the way that artists are releasing new music is changing; the ‘unexpected album drop’ is here.
We’ve seen bands like U2 release direct to fans, but as with any business, finding a new way of doing something to add that all-important USP is crucial to success.
Take Beatie Wolfe for instance; the London, UK, based artist recently released a musical jacket as a way of getting her music out there.
She’s also done a full album on a series of digital interactive cards.
6) Artificial Intelligence
Heading into a music studio and ‘cutting’ a record is so old hat.
Why not just tell your computer the type of tune and how you’re feeling and let it do the work?
While still in the early stages, there is no doubt that AI will find its place within the music trends for this coming year.
OK, it may not be able to write a classic (excuse me Mr. Lennon – I am the Walrus?), but the type of music will definitely have its place – think of royalty free music.
Let’s just get it out there … we have no political leanings whatsoever, this is merely a comment on trends in the music industry.
2017 has seen a rise in political songwriting; people wanting to comment on today’s society, the political landscape and whoever may be in power.
Truthfully, we don’t think it matters who is in the hot seat, but we’re heading back to an era of musicians using their following to deliver a message.
Vinyl sales are booming; 2015 saw the highest record of vinyl sold since 1988, while CD sales were down 17%.
That growth is happening year on year, as hipsters are trying new ways of out-cooling the cool people.
It’s no longer about clean, crisp sound, people actually want the hiss, scratch, and warmth of vinyl.
Having said that, we’re still waiting for traditional record players to make a resurgence.
Nearly every piece of tech is driven by algorithms, why should the music business be any different?
Not to be confused with Artificial Intelligence, an algorithm can be used to actually make music along with recognizing the types of music you want and recognizing you.
As the Internet of Things becomes more prevalent, algorithms will be used to recognize you as you approach billboards, advertising hoardings or even your favorite store.
It will play you music based on your mood or even body language; it will quite literally be tailored for you.
10) Live Music
We love technology, it enables you to be reading this right now, or to carry around thousands of tracks in our pocket, either on our cell or MP3 / 4 players.
But is there really anything that will replace live music, now or in future?
Sure, being able to choose your music depending on mood or taste for the day is great, but no matter how good technology gets, it will never be able to recreate the atmosphere of a gig.
It won’t get you drunk, shove you in the mosh pit or leave you with the ‘super fan’ that you bumped into while in the line waiting for the restroom.
Live music is here to stay, it’s more than a trend, it’s a movement.
Be sure to check back regularly for updated content.
What do CDs, DVDs, and software disks have in common?
They’re currently being crushed by digital downloads, but they’re not the only types of physical media feeling the heat from the digital media takeover.
E-books are back on the rise and are expected to represent 25% of the global book market by 2018, and educational textbook giant, McGraw-Hill, recently noted a major spike in sales and customer satisfaction for their digital products.
The video game industry is also feeling the impact, as physical sales dropped by 45% and digital sales skyrocketed by 180% in just seven years.
So what does the future hold for digital and physical media?
Keep reading as we explore the latest studies, stats, and forecasts to learn more about the rise of digital downloads.
Reports: Film & TV Digital Downloads Surpass DVD Sales
It finally happened.
At the start of 2017, major media outlets in the UK reported that film and TV digital downloads sales finally beat physical DVDs.
Digital movie downloads have been on the rise since 2009, but they finally surpassed their predecessors in 2015.
This UK trend is in keeping with digital movie sales trends seen in the USA. Reports show that film and TV rentals dropped by 18% and physical sales decreased by 10% from the previous year. Meanwhile, sales for digital downloads skyrocketed by 23% and are showing no signs of slowing down.
The digital download phenomenon is hitting Hollywood so hard, according to the L.A. times, that Warner Bros. studio execs are even considering upping the digital download release dates for feature films.
Consumers are sending a clear message, so let’s unravel why people are so quick to embrace digital.
Survey Says: Why People Prefer Digital Media over Physical Media
As if sales alone weren’t proof enough of consumers’ preference for digital downloads, take a look at this U.S. consumer survey reported by Variety Magazine.
At the time of the survey, consumers reported the following viewing habits:
- Video streaming activity officially surpassed live TV viewing by 2015.
- More than 55% of consumers reported streaming movies every month.
- 53% reported streaming TV shows on a monthly basis.
- Compare these percentages with the 43% who still prefer watching live TV programming.
- 14-25-year-olds prefer internet video services by 72% percent as opposed to the 58% who pay for cable TV.
- In fact, 25% of millennials canceled their cable TV service in favor of a digital downloads service.
It’s undeniable that consumers’ film and TV viewing habits show a preference for digital over traditional media, but why?
It is just the convenience of enjoying content at the click of a button or is it something more?
We set out to find out why.
Survey: U.S. Adults Ditch Movie Theatres For The Living Room
Maybe there is something more to digital downloads than just avoiding a trip to the video store.
According to a 2014 Harris Poll, two-thirds of U.S. adults said their movie theater attendance has significantly declined over the past few years, and 68% of adults only go to the movies once a year at best.
These additional survey insights also shed light on why consumers may prefer an at-home movie experience:
- 57% of participants polled said they prefer watching movies at home as opposed to going to a movie theater.
- Only 21% of adults prefer seeing feature films at a movie theater.
- 58% reported that the sound and quality of a particular film was their reasoning for choosing a movie theater over an at-home experience.
- 62% surveyed said that high prices for concessions are the worst part about going to the movies.
- 56% reported that rude or loud moviegoers also ruin their experience at movie theaters.
With the high costs of movie tickets, food, and disruptive moviegoers, it’s no surprise people are opting to stay on the couch.
How Digital Downloads Impact Music Consumption
Nothing proves the power of digital downloads more than its impact on the music industry, and we have the stats to prove it.
An annual Music Consumer Insights Report show the following results:
- 71% of all internet users between the ages of 16 and 64 access licensed music online.
- At least 1/3 of all consumers between the ages of 16-24 currently pay for a digital music service.
- 82% of younger consumers between the ages of 13 and 15 regularly listen to and pay for audio digital downloads.
- Almost half of all internet users pay for digital music, regardless of the format.
What’s even more clear is the overwhelming impact of smartphones on the digital music industry, as you can see direct correlations between increasing mobile device use and the shift toward digital music consumption.
How Mobile Changed Everything
Smartphones are quickly surpassing desktop computers and laptops as consumers’ primary source for digital music consumption.
In their report, the IFPI found that 55% of all active internet users use their smartphones to listen to digital music. You will also find a 40% to 52% disparity between consumers who use their computers to listen to paid music services as opposed to smartphones.
As smartphones continue their upward climb in the market, expect these digital music consumption stats to follow suit.
So where do digital downloads go from here?
According to TechCrunch, look out for the following trends in digital media:
- Advancement in live video media
- Innovations in Virtual Reality (VR)
- Increasing popularity in digital “eSports” and “eAthletes”
- Continued dominance of video game downloads
- More innovation in digital wearables
The future is digital and it’s only going to get better.
Soon your DVDs and Blu-Ray disks will join the nostalgic ranks of cassette tapes, VHS, and vinyl records, but the possibilities are endless with digital media.
Take this opportunity to start building your digital downloads library so you can start carrying your favorite music, movies, and publications wherever you go.
- Natural Pain Relief: 4 Things You Should Try June 26, 2017
- A Guide to Pesky Bugs in Washington June 20, 2017
- 5 Daily Tips to Help Cleanse Your Body June 19, 2017
- 5 Ways to Master the Art of Mindfulness June 15, 2017
- How to Successfully Publish Your Novel June 15, 2017
- 5 Tasty Anti-Inflammatory Desserts for Summer June 14, 2017
- Do Childhood Brain Injuries Lead to Adult Anxiety? June 14, 2017
- 5 Accounting Steps Every Small Business Owner Should Take June 13, 2017
- 5 Tips to Keep the Dog Off the Couch June 13, 2017
- How to Create and Ensure Excellent User Experience June 13, 2017
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- Home Improvement
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion