How Can a Ceiling Fan Save You Money?
A Ceiling fan is a great way to keep your home cool in the summer months. They also save a lot more money than air conditioning units.
Standard HVAC units cost around 36 cents per hour to run compared to only 4 cents per hour for fans.
If you run them together, the Department of Energy says that consumers can raise their thermostats by 4 degrees and still stay comfortable. That’s a big difference!
This article will show how a fan can be used to save money all year long.
How Your Ceiling Fan Work
Fans don’t work in the same way that air conditioning units do. Air conditioners blow cool air through a room or home and change the temperature of a room.
Fans move air around a room to create a wind-chill factor.
This is why fans should be turned off when a room is not in use. Fans cool people, not rooms.
The size and angles of the fan blades play an important role in efficiency. Another consideration is the application of the fan or where it will be used.
For example, if a fan is to be used in an office environment where there will be a lot of papers blown about, it’s best to have a fan with a larger diameter that can blow more air at a lower speed.
Fan blade angles need to be more than 12 degrees to be somewhat effective. Anything less than 12 degrees and the fan blades are virtually flat and will not move air around a room.
That can help homeowners remain comfortable in a room while listening to their favorite music.
Save Money in the Winter
Most people think a ceiling fan should work only in the summer. They can be utilized to help save money during the winter months, too.
In the same say that the fan blades push air around a room during the summer, if the fan is used to push warm air down when the heat is on.
When a fan is gently rotating clockwise, it pulls cool air up from the bottom part of the room and pushes warm air downward to keep a room warm.
This simple switch can save up to 10% to heat a home or apartment.
Maintained Fans Save Money
A well-maintained fan will also help save money. Cleaning fan blades regularly, check the screws and bolts to ensure safety, and checking the weight of the fan blades for wobbles all go a long way to keeping your fan functioning properly.
Visit https://ceilingfanshq.com/harbor-breeze-ceiling-fan-parts/ for a complete guide to common fan issues and how to fix them.
Yes, There’s an App for That
There is an app for everything. Even a ceiling fan.
Companies like Harbor Breeze and Hunter produce fans that can be controlled by Bluetooth and smart home kits. There are kits available for not-so-smart fans, which makes this technology available for almost any fan.
The great thing about this technology is that if a fan was accidentally left on, it can be turned off from virtually anywhere.
Check out our website to see the best tech around to link your fan to your connected home.
- 9 Reasons Why You Need an Air Purifier
- Guide: How the Best Solar Panels Can Save You
- Top 10 Reasons to Go Tiny
- 10 Smart Home Devices and Appliances That Will Change the Way You Live
- How to Choose the Right Foot CreamYour feet are the unsung heroes of your body. […]
- 9 Motivational Movies for Aspiring EntrepreneursIt’s true for weight loss, budgeting, and […]
- 3 Tips for Making Your Dentist Website SEO FriendlyYou probably already understand how important your […]
- How to Build A Mobile App For FitnessThe mobile app marketing is one of the largest markets […]
- 2018 Plastic Surgery TrendsWith Americans now spending $16 billion a year on […]
- 5 Training Tips for Student PilotsStudent pilots enter the industry with dreams of […]
- How to Start Your Online Boutique TodayMore than half of Americans choose online shopping […]
- 6 New Fitness Apps to Keep Track of Your Daily Home Workout in 2018Not all of us can find the time to get in a quick […]
- 7 Tips To Travel the World on a BudgetLast year, 29.6 million Americans traveled overseas. […]
- The 10 Best Flight Apps for Tracking, Booking, and More!Are you looking for the best flight app? There are […]
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion