What Are The Benefits Of Giving Away Freebies And Samples?
Those free sample trays at your local grocery store, shopping mall, or food stand — they’re the little perks that you look forward on every errand run.
But they’re actually more than little, fleeting opportunities to try products for free.
Freebies and samples are empowering and beneficial for nearly every product-based business.
If you run your own business, you may be skeptical of giving away things for free. But if you’ve ever given away free samples of your own products, you may already know the benefits.
Curious to learn more about these benefits and what they could mean for your business? Here are the benefits of freebies, samples, and giveaways!
Sensory-Evoking & Tangible
Without spending money, consumers can experience a company through freebies and samples. But through this very process, the company embeds itself with consumers.
The company stays with them in their purses or bags, in their cars, and in their homes. The company stays with consumers up until the sample is no longer of any use.
Then, if consumers like what they’ve experienced, they’ll buy into the company. Because sometimes consumers need to actually experience a product before they decide to buy it.
Freebies and samples are some of the most tangible forms of marketing. Unlike billboards and websites, samples are physical mediums between potential consumers and companies.
They penetrate senses like touch, taste, and smell. Other forms of marketing cannot always do this.
Traditional advertisements have always evoked the sense of sight. While freebies and samples evoke other senses, they also act as traditional advertisements.
Business owners should always advertise on every sample they give away. That way, when consumers pick up, use, or look at the sample later on, they’ll see the company name.
Small business owners can always design their own labels to put on samples and giveaways.
It may be in their interest if they’re just starting out and can’t afford to outsource labels. There are free online graphics tools, marketing templates, and much more.
Of course, if companies can afford to outsource to sample suppliers, they should! These suppliers have the packaging and design tools to produce shelf-ready samples.
Sample suppliers can produce samples in a variety of sizes, designs, and for all types of products. Read more now about the possibilities of packaging and designing freebies with a sample supplier.
They’re a Nice Gesture
Who doesn’t like to receive things for free?
To consumers, free samples and giveaways is a nice gesture on part of the company. And good first impressions certainly apply to consumerism and marketing!
Because when a company gives away things for free, it’s not actually wasteful. It makes the company appear like they care enough to invest in reaching new clients.
It also makes consumers feel like they’re experiencing something exclusive. As if no one else is experiencing it.
Who doesn’t want to feel like that?
Most consumers do. After all, there is an emotional aspect to consumerism.
When companies appear like they care, consumers will reciprocate to them more. This, in turn, generates more leads and creates lasting business relationships.
Promotional & Response-Worthy
A lot of product-based companies come out with new products on a regular basis. There are ways they can test out the products and get a feel for the public’s responses to these new products.
But sample giveaways are by far the most effective. Mainly because consumers only need a taste, touch, or small portion of a product to get a feel for it.
Not only are samples nice to receive from a consumer’s standpoint. They help to promote a new product. They also provide the right amount of product without overwhelming the consumer.
Samples are easy to take or leave. If the consumer doesn’t like the product, they can simply throw the sample away.
But if a consumer likes a product, then they’ll likely keep the sample and purchase it in regular size.
When a company gives away a lot of samples, and then sell that same product, it means the product is well-received. If they give away samples but don’t sell or generate interest, they may discontinue it.
Which, from a business perspective, is not only cost-effective but strategic. Because if samples can upsell more expensive product, the company can profit more.
Resourceful & Economical
Sometimes products don’t sell as well as others. Part of running a business is accepting that some products will gather dust on the store shelves.
But there is still hope for these unpopular products.
By giving these products away for free, as samples or giveaways, you’ll not only shake off the dust. You’ll also raise awareness of these products and get customers to experience them.
This, in hand, can lead to higher purchases. Maybe the product won’t sell entirely. But it’s still better to turn some of them into actual sales.
Are you currently experiencing this with a certain product in your inventory? Struggling to get something off the shelf and get money for it in return?
In addition to offering these products as samples, add a discount or coupon to them.
Don’t Underestimate Freebies and Samples
Are you an entrepreneur who owns a product-based company?
Looking for ways to generate more leads, sell more products, and grow your business?
If you feel like not enough people know about your product, it’s time to raise awareness of your company. Freebies and samples can help you to do this from several effective angles.
But there are still other ways to turn potential customers into recurring ones. Check out our marketing blog to learn more ways to expose your business and generate more leads!
- The Ultimate Guide to Content for Your Parenting Blog
- 10 Best Photo Editing Apps
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- 9 Reasons Your Business Should Be Using SMS Marketing
- The 5 Best Investment Apps For Amateur InvestorsAccording to a survey conducted by Bankrate.com, only […]
- 4 Adult Toys Every Bold Couple Need in Their LivesSex is a fun, healthy part of any adult relationship. […]
- Top 7 Apps for People Over 40Are you entering or already living in what we deem as […]
- How the Digital Catalog Could Help the Retail IndustryLast year, people downloaded over 197 billion apps. […]
- How to Save Energy with Roller Garage DoorsOpening and closing the garage door isn’t […]
- 7 Awesome Spring Break Ideas for KidsAfter months of cold and work, spring break is more […]
- Are Lawsuit Settlements Taxable?If you’re reading this, chances are you’ve […]
- 8 Fashion Apps You Need To Download NowDo you like to keep up-to-date with the latest fashion trends? Here are the 8 fashion apps you need to download now to inspire your newest look.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion