How to Become a Better Gambler: 5 Simple Steps
Did you know that the online sports gambling industry is currently worth $37.9 billion?
Sports fans spend money in many ways: tickets, apparel, memorabilia, and more. The average sports fan spends $725 a year fueling his or her passion.
Rather than just spending money on your love of the game, what if you could make money? Do you have a gut feeling that you’ve got what it takes? Know where to find the best free betting picks?
If betting on sports is new to you and you feel a little overwhelmed, we’ve got you covered. Here are 5 simple steps to becoming a better gambler!
1. Manage Your Money and Set a Budget
This tip is the simplest from our list. The last thing you want to do is run out of money.
Set yourself up for success by setting a realistic budget for each of your sports gambling outings.
Having sufficient bankroll is the name of the game when betting on sports. You want to ensure your ability to continue betting, in case you encounter a losing streak.
A good figure to start with is having a bankroll that is equal to 100 times your starting bet. Be conservative.
Remember that you are in this for the long tail, not the short term. Manage your money based on a long-term strategy. Sports gambling is not a “get rich quick” scheme.
2. Do Your Research
It’s best to start out by picking a sport that you are very familiar with and then become an expert.
It’s not enough to be following a team’s record. Learn how each team is playing. Pay attention to offense and defense. Is a basketball team shooting 3 point shots all game? Did a team keep possession of the ball longer than their opponents?
Pay attention to gameplay in both offense and defense.
Is a basketball team shooting 3 point shots all game? Did a team keep possession of the ball longer than their opponents?
Did a team keep possession of the ball longer than their opponents?
Ask yourself questions like these in your chosen sport to sharpen your bets.
When you’ve mastered your sport, then you can move on to other markets.
3. Learn About the Industry
Familiarize yourself with the terminology of sports betting.
Search for a bookmaker to place bets. Don’t rush to choose.
Read reviews and ask around.
Be sure you feel comfortable and safe with your sportsbook.
Consider having multiple books to make bets with, so that you can always choose the best line possible.
4. Follow the Picks – Start with Free Betting Picks
No matter what sport you choose to gamble on, following the picks each week is crucial. You can start by using free betting picks or pay for picks.
Let your research and knowledge of the sport inform your betting as you review the picks each week.
You can search online to find the picks for leagues like the NBA, NFL, MLB, and even horse racing!
Here is a word of caution: the pick favored to win does not always win!
Bet carefully and be selective on the number of bets you place. Remember the long game, not the short term.
5. Bet with Your Heart and You’ll Be Heartbroken
This piece of advice may seem obvious, but it’s worth mentioning.
Everyone wants to see their hometown team win.
Don’t make a mistake of placing reckless future bets on your hometown team.
If you do your research and are carefully following the odds, you will steer clear of this fatal mistake.
With these 5 simple steps, some free betting picks, and solid research in your arsenal, you will be on your way to becoming a better gambler and profiting from your passion for sports!
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting Range
- Muscle Building Gear and Accessories to Boost Your Workout
- This Guy Made Over $1,200 in 12 Days With Betting Software
- The 7 Most Expensive Sports Tickets of All Time
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- How To Start A Cleaning Blog For Your Industrial Cleaning CompanyDo you run an industrial cleaning company and need to find a way to attract more business? Read here to learn how to start a cleaning blog for your company!
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion