A Visit From the Ghost of SEO Future
Search engine optimization has been a changing set of strategies and actionable theories since the early days of the Web dating back to the early 1990’s.
Throughout the years — strategies have come and gone — best practices became black hat. So on and so forth.
Throughout the years we’ve seen SEO’s use a variety of strategies:
- Keyword optimization
- Automated link building
- Exact match domain names
- Social stuffing
- Local optimization
…and so much more.
At its core has been the strategies that remain tried-and-true to this day:
- Great content
- Links from high ranking sites
- Social media participation
But what does the future of SEO hold? Which strategies might we use in the year 2017 and beyond?
Things are about to get… spooky.
A Visit from the Ghost of SEO Future
Will this be a good or bad?
The future of SEO is difficult to predict because Google and other search giants have taken to keeping webmasters in the dark (as per tradition). That’s not to say people can’t figure out the patterns but it will take the time to collect real-world data before declaring them best practices.
Yet, trends can give us a look at what may be next:
- An Organic Web – Google has been pushing toward using artificial intelligence to better understand the Web and language as a whole. It’s only a matter of time before this technology expands within all aspects of what they offer. It’s likely that this deeper understanding of language and how people interact could mean that content may no longer need to take a hard focus on keywords to tell search spiders what the page is about. The SEO future in this regard may mean your average webmaster could create engaging content even if they aren’t the best content developer due to the natural flow of their delivery.
- Phones & The Web of Everything – Smartphones and net-ready devices have become a mainstay in our lifestyles. An astounding 89% of people are consuming their online media through apps. Built-in voice assistants collect and contribute to Big Data. Our interaction with smart devices results in reporting usage back to these large corporations, too. In essence: every device we have connected will shape what’s delivered. Perhaps apps are your next destination for 2017 and beyond.
- Real-time – Google has integrated their Panda update into its core search engine as an attempt to filter and measure results in real-time. Combine this with social media and the fact social is now becoming many of the results found in search results — it becomes clear that Google wants its users to experience the Web as it’s happening. This may mean a need to step up your social interaction, continually update your best features, and test new methods of real-time content (live video?) to your community to keep them engaged and sharing.
Those small business owners and individuals trying to get their name out to the World may find this overwhelming. It can be. In these situations of an unpredictable future that entertaining the idea of investing in the expertise of an SEO company be worth their while.
SEO requires a long-term commitment; it’s not something you do for a week and hope for the best. Handing it over to professionals, understanding a bit on your own, and contributing to the efforts will make the future of SEO not as scary as it seems.
What are your predictions for the SEO future?
- 5 Benefits of Having a Website for Your Business
- The Importance of Digital Solutions for Small Businesses
- 7 Social Media Management Tools You Should Be Using
- How to Make a Tumblr Banner Using Adobe Spark
- 15 Rustic Kitchen Decor IdeasAre you looking to give your kitchen a rustic makeover, but not sure where to start? Here are 15 rustic kitchen decor ideas for inspiration.
- 10 Mistakes When Setting Up a WebsiteAre you looking to set up a website for your business? Read our website 101 guide to learn the 10 mistakes people make when setting up a site.
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting RangeGoing to the shooting range for the first time can be extremely nerve wracking. Being prepared is essential. Here's what to expect your first time.
- 10 Best Law Apps for Law School StudentsMobile apps are great ways for law school students to expand their methods of studying. Here you'll find the 10 best law apps for law school students.
- The 10 Best Places to Swim With Clear WaterIf you dream of relaxing in clear, blue water then don't miss this article. Click here to discover the 10 best places to swim with clear water.
- 8 Ways You Benefit From Selling Vape Products OnlineHave you thought of what your vape business gains by creating an online store? Here's how joining the digital world and selling vape products online helps you.
- 10 Best Garage Door Apps of 2017Hate when you can't remember whether you closed the garage door or not? With a garage door app, that worry will be a thing of the past! Check out our top picks.
- 8 Home Improvement Apps for iOS and AndroidHaving some issues with your home renovation project? You might want to check out and download the top 8 home improvement apps for iOS and Android.
- What To Do if Your Car Breaks DownYour car breaks down and you have no idea what to do. Don't panic. Instead, read this article to learn everything you need to do in this situation.
- The 8 Best Real Estate Apps For House HuntersAre you looking for a home and need to get housing information fast and on the go? Read here for our list of the 8 best real estate apps for house hunters.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion