A Visit From the Ghost of SEO Future
Search engine optimization has been a changing set of strategies and actionable theories since the early days of the Web dating back to the early 1990’s.
Throughout the years — strategies have come and gone — best practices became black hat. So on and so forth.
Throughout the years we’ve seen SEO’s use a variety of strategies:
- Keyword optimization
- Automated link building
- Exact match domain names
- Social stuffing
- Local optimization
…and so much more.
At its core has been the strategies that remain tried-and-true to this day:
- Great content
- Links from high ranking sites
- Social media participation
But what does the future of SEO hold? Which strategies might we use in the year 2017 and beyond?
Things are about to get… spooky.
A Visit from the Ghost of SEO Future
Will this be a good or bad?
The future of SEO is difficult to predict because Google and other search giants have taken to keeping webmasters in the dark (as per tradition). That’s not to say people can’t figure out the patterns but it will take the time to collect real-world data before declaring them best practices.
Yet, trends can give us a look at what may be next:
- An Organic Web – Google has been pushing toward using artificial intelligence to better understand the Web and language as a whole. It’s only a matter of time before this technology expands within all aspects of what they offer. It’s likely that this deeper understanding of language and how people interact could mean that content may no longer need to take a hard focus on keywords to tell search spiders what the page is about. The SEO future in this regard may mean your average webmaster could create engaging content even if they aren’t the best content developer due to the natural flow of their delivery.
- Phones & The Web of Everything – Smartphones and net-ready devices have become a mainstay in our lifestyles. An astounding 89% of people are consuming their online media through apps. Built-in voice assistants collect and contribute to Big Data. Our interaction with smart devices results in reporting usage back to these large corporations, too. In essence: every device we have connected will shape what’s delivered. Perhaps apps are your next destination for 2017 and beyond.
- Real-time – Google has integrated their Panda update into its core search engine as an attempt to filter and measure results in real-time. Combine this with social media and the fact social is now becoming many of the results found in search results — it becomes clear that Google wants its users to experience the Web as it’s happening. This may mean a need to step up your social interaction, continually update your best features, and test new methods of real-time content (live video?) to your community to keep them engaged and sharing.
Those small business owners and individuals trying to get their name out to the World may find this overwhelming. It can be. In these situations of an unpredictable future that entertaining the idea of investing in the expertise of an SEO company be worth their while.
SEO requires a long-term commitment; it’s not something you do for a week and hope for the best. Handing it over to professionals, understanding a bit on your own, and contributing to the efforts will make the future of SEO not as scary as it seems.
What are your predictions for the SEO future?
- The Ultimate Guide to Content for Your Parenting Blog
- 5 Benefits of Having a Website for Your Business
- The Importance of Digital Solutions for Small Businesses
- 7 Social Media Management Tools You Should Be Using
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion