7 Graphic Design Trends You Need To Know
Graphic designs trends are not so unlike other trends. Every year ushers in a new set of them. Hot pinks replace sky blues, and brazen colors replace more subtle hues.
As a result, keeping up with all of the latest and greatest trends can get tricky. Even if we can keep up, we might not be able to incorporate new trends into our designs as quickly as we’d like to.
Fortunately, there are those amongst us who take the time to put together nifty lists of some of the latest trends.
And – wouldn’t you know it – you’re reading one of those lists right now. Continue reading for 7 graphic design trends you’ll need to know this year.
Once upon a time, we could use stock images to our hearts’ content. They made plenty of lives easier.
So much so that you’d often the same stock image in someone else’s design.
Times, however, have changed. People are no longer fond of boring old stock images. They want something authentic. Consequently, you’re going to have to put in a little extra work this year.
Which means that you’re going to have to put in a little extra work this year.
Personal drawings and original photos are a must in the world of graphic design today. As a matter of fact, we’d wager that this trend, unlike some the other graphic design trends we’ve listed, is here to stay.
Needless to say, though, there are plenty of people who have had success with stock photos. There are several sites which offer high-quality stock images.
That said, if you must use stock images, don’t completely rely on them. Take the time to create some images of your own as well.
Who doesn’t love a good GIF nowadays? You can find them on your favorite social media sites and multiple other platforms, yet you never tire of them. There is literally a GIF for almost every situation and feeling.
And if the GIF you’re looking for doesn’t exist, you can make it.
As a graphic designer, you can leverage this love of GIFS. Just consider including one or two in your next design.
Apparently, “doing the most” is not trendy this year. People are moving away from busy designs and choosing minimalist designs, and people are loving it.
So how can you have a little fun with this trend this year?
Try simple logos and palettes. You might even consider playing around with the spatial relationships between the elements of your design. There are also tons of other tips that can enhance your minimal designs.
Don’t be tempted to add tons of elements to your design. There is no need to do so since minimalism speaks for itself.
As far as graphic design trends go, we’d like to think that prioritizing user experience has always been hip. Regardless of whether or not that’s the case, user experience is definitely hip this year.
And for good reason.
According to Goran Paunovic, “every dollar invested in UX returns $10 to $100.” The amount you stand to save should be reason enough for you consider prioritizing it.
You can start by doing away with much of your designs’ complexity and opting for simplicity. Customers should be able to navigate your design easily. Of course, we don’t want you thinking that you must sacrifice the visual appeal of your design to improve UX.
We also don’t want you to think that you have to compromise on security. Data breaches don’t, after all, make for user-friendly experiences. They can also get you into some legal trouble.
You’re a graphic designer. You excel at making things look pretty while (hopefully) maintaining their functionality. Storytelling might not be your strong point.
In any case, storytelling is becoming immensely important. People want more out of a design than the visual appeal these days. They want a story, and not necessarily in the form of words.
You should be able to arrange your images in order to make people who view them feel something. Whatever they happen to feel should keep them coming back for more.
Perhaps your images could share a theme. Maybe they could be sequential and tell an actual story. Maybe they could all be interpretations of each other.
There are so many ways to incorporate a great story into your designs. Don’t shy away from storytelling. It’ll give your designs more dimensions.
We’re not sure what it is about geometric designs that make them so popular. Is it the circles? The squares or trapezoids?
Perhaps it’s n-gons?
On a more serious note, graphic designs take everyday shapes and turn them into something eye-catching. Imagine staring into an image and feeling as if you’re falling into it. How about feeling as if the image itself is moving?
Those feelings keep people staring at your designs for seconds as they try to decipher them. As an added bonus for you, they’re fairly simple undertakings for designers.
Blasts from the pasts are apparently trendy again. Of course, we can’t pretend to be surprised. They go in and out of style quite frequently.
So which decades have been getting the most love lately?
Word has it that the eighties have been a popular source of inspiration.
Why, however, stop with the eighties? You have plenty of decades to choose from. There is no reason to limit your inspiration to one or two periods.
If you’re interested in vintage, though, make sure you do your homework. You don’t just want something that looks good. You want something that really captures the spirit of the period which inspired the design.
Stay On Top of Graphic Design Trends This Year
We’re not sure about you guys, but we think that this year’s graphic design trends look promising. From fewer stock photos to vintage designs, designs are sure to produce some awesome work in 2017.
And, yes, that includes you, my friend.
If the trends on this list haven’t inspired your next design, though, all hope is not lost. You’re welcome to take a look around our marketplace. It’s full of affordable graphics that can help you take your designs the next level.
- 3 Tips for Making Your Dentist Website SEO Friendly
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- Top Tips for the Best Law Firm Web Design
- How to Combat Slow Download Speeds
- How to Design a Mobile App for Your Business without Writing CodeIs your business in need of an app to go to the next […]
- 4 Ways Hemp Oil Will Improve Your LifeStudies have shown the powerful effects of cannabidiol […]
- What You Should Know Before You Buy CBD Oil OnlineBy 2020, the cannabis (CBD) market could be worth over […]
- Why It’s Important to Perform a Drug and Alcohol Test Before HiringIt’s a fact that drug use in the workplace […]
- How To Dress Like the Celebs in 2018It may feel impossible to dress like the celebs and […]
- Yes, You Have to Pay for That: Why People Buy and Sell Digital DownloadsFrom video games to apps to ebooks to music and […]
- CBD Lotion: Benefits and Best PracticesDoes your body suffer from frequent aches and pains? […]
- What’s the Best Calorie Counter App?Whether you're looking to lose weight or improve your health, a calorie counter app can help keep you on track. Click here to learn more.
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion