The 7 Most Expensive Sports Tickets of All Time
We all know finding the perfect sports tickets can be expensive.
Whether you’re trying to watch Notre Dame from the 50-yard line or watch the Bulls from the floor, you’re going to be shelling out a pretty penny.
But that’s nothing compared to what fans paid for these:
1. 2010 NBA Finals
Basketball is already one of the most exciting sports around. Add the drama of the championship tournament in, and you are in for an adrenaline-filled, heart-pumping event to remember.
The 2010 championship between the Celtics and Lakers sold tickets for the price of a family home. You couldn’t even sit in the nosebleeds without forking over almost $58,000. Wanna sit courtside? Those tickets sold for over $115,000.
That’s a bit too much for Celtics tickets if you ask me.
2. Floyd Mayweather vs. Canelo Alvarez
Boxing is one of the most exciting sports in the world.
It’s also one of the most expensive—it’s not unusual for high-profile boxing matches to be star-studded affairs.
And with the price of tickets, it might be because you’d need to be a wealthy celebrity just to get in.
Especially when you’re watching someone as popular and controversial as Floyd Mayweather.
Ringside tickets to his match against Canelo Alvarez sold for over $30,000.
3. 2013 Masters
A lot of people find golf to be a dull game. But nevertheless, golf fans shell out serious change for sports tickets to the Masters Tournament.
Tickets to the 2013 tournament cost as much as $4,486.
4. 2012 London Olympics Opening Ceremony
There’s nothing like the Olympics. 205 nations competed in the London games, and they had the fans to match.
And the most memorable part of any Olympiad is the opening ceremony, complete with the Parade of Nations and an unforgettable show from the host country.
It’s a can’t-miss event, and the ticket prices reflect the steep demand. A single ticket to the opening ceremony cost $4000 online.
5. 2014 FIFA World Cup Final
Nothing brings the world together like football. Not American Football—soccer.
Soccer is the world’s most popular sport, so it’s no wonder that the FIFA World Cup is one of the most popular tournaments in the world.
But to see the final match between Germany and Argentina, fans had to pay $990 a piece. Those hardcore fütbol maniacs paid triple that—$3,350—for front row seats.
6. New York Yankees Legend Suite
The Yankees are one of the most beloved (and most hated, depending on where you live) franchises in sports history.
During the regular season, Yankees tickets sell for an average of $101 per ticket. That’s a lot for sports tickets, but if you really want the best experience, you’re going to need to watch the game from a fancier vantage point.
Box seats in the Legend Suite sell for $2,500 a piece.
7. Super Bowl XLIX
Everyone loves the Super Bowl! Even the commercials are a national event.
But if you want to watch the game live, it’s going to cost a small fortune.
The 2015 game had an average ticket price of $5,622.50. But that’s a small price to pay to see Katy Perry dance with some sharks.
Can’t Afford Sports Tickets?
For some of us, getting enough money for sports tickets seems like trouble enough, let alone spending what we could otherwise spend on a new car.
But that shouldn’t stop you from enjoying sports. Grill up some burgers, crack open some cold ones and watch the game from your living room.
- Top 5 Diving Apps
- How to Prepare For Your First Trip to a Shooting Range
- Muscle Building Gear and Accessories to Boost Your Workout
- This Guy Made Over $1,200 in 12 Days With Betting Software
- How to Find the Right Digital Marketing AgencyYou don't want to hire just any company to handle your digital marketing needs. Here you'll discover how to find the right digital marketing agency.
- Top 10 Health and Wellness Lifestyle AppsTaking care of your mind and body should be a way of life in this fast-paced world. Check out our picks for the 10 best wellness lifestyle apps you need to try.
- 5 Investment Apps Every Investor Needs To DownloadWhether you're a new investor or a seasoned veteran, there are certain tools that will make your life easier. Here are 5 investment apps every investor needs.
- 5 Incredible Uses for CBD OilThe use of CBD oil is becoming more and more popular and with the rise in popularity has come the discovery of multiple amazing uses for the oil.
- 10 Smart Home Devices and Appliances That Will Change the Way You LiveSmart home devices and appliances are revolutionizing the way we live. Check out this article about 10 of these devices to give your home a major upgrade!
- 9 Tools You Need for Online Reputation ManagementIf you find managing your brand's online reputation important, then check out this guide. Here you'll find 9 essential tools for online reputation management.
- Is Honeyfund the Way to Honeymoon Savings?Asking wedding guests to help fund the honeymoon has become somewhat of a controversial topic. Find out if it's your pathway to honeymoon savings.
- What’s the Best Free CAD Software of 2018?Made a resolution to improve your CAD skills? The best part is that you don't have to pay a dime! Here is the best free CAD software of the new year.
- 5 Creative Marketing Ideas That Will Get Your Brand NoticedTo create an unforgettable brand for your target consumer, some creative marketing is needed. Check out this article for 5 ideas that will do just that!
- Top 5 Real Estate Coaching Programs OnlineHow do you go from being an agent into a six-figure real estate pro? You need serious real estate coaching. Here are the 5 best programs to advance your career.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion