7 Bedtime Snacks That Actually Encourage Weight Loss
Ever find yourself trying to sleep with a grumbling tummy, but resisting the urge to get up for a snack because you think it’s going to unravel your whole day of healthy eating?
Well, we’ve got some good news for your tummy! Eating a snack before bed can actually encourage weight loss- as long as it’s a snack that’s nutrient dense and low energy.
As it turns out, scientists have discovered there’s a link between poor sleep quality and weight gain.
In fact, sleep is the most important factor to take into account if you want a better body. A bad night’s rest can lead to negative changes in your fat cells, unhealthy food cravings, and an unproductive gym session.
So, instead of tossing and turning while trying to ignore your tummy’s calls, you need to get out of bed and grab a snack.
But which snacks should you be reaching for?
Let’s take a look at the top seven bedtime snacks that actually help promote weight loss!
1. Nonfat Greek Yogurt
A small cup of nonfat greek yogurt comes in at about only 100 to 150 calories, and packs a serious protein punch of up to 20 grams!
Even better, it contains a magical little thing called tryptophan– a chemical that helps induce drowsiness.
Yogurt is also a great way to calm your stomach, helping keep indigestion and heartburn at bay.
Bananas also contain that natural sleeping pill known as tryptophan.
What’s more, there’s no clean up involved with eating a banana as it doesn’t involve any utensils.
Not to mention, there a great snack for those who have a sweet tooth that needs satisfying!
3. White Meat Turkey
Remember how tired you get on Thanksgiving? Turns out, your annoying in-laws aren’t to blame- turkey is perhaps the king of foods when it comes to tryptophan.
Just make sure you pick the white kind to ensure it’s low fat and contains high-quality protein.
4. Apple and Peanut Butter
Scoop out a spoonful of peanut butter and slice up some apples for a winning weight loss combination.
Apples are packed with fiber- a nutrient that helps keep you full, and the protein contained in peanut butter is just enough to fill you up without weighing you down.
You may think of oats as solely a breakfast food, but they’re also ideal at bedtime.
Oatmeal contains a winning combination of protein, fiber, and carbohydrates, plus it’s a natural source of melatonin- a hormone that helps regulate sleep and wake cycles.
6. Cottage Cheese
If you’re someone who loves winding down with a cool treat before bed, cottage cheese is the perfect healthy snack swap for ice cream.
Its protein will fill you up in just the right way while its calcium while help lull you to sleep.
For an added health kick, top it with some unsalted almonds or berries.
7. Lavender Tea
Why not sip your snack instead?
Lavender tea is a natural sleep promoter and it helps you feel relaxed and calm- just make sure to go for the decaffeinated kind.
Combine these healthy snacks with a garcinia cambogia weight loss supplement and you’ll be well on your way to a better body.
Which one of these snacks are you most excited to try? Let us know in the comments!
- 5 Ways to Master the Art of Mindfulness
- 5 Things to Consider when Seeking Addiction Treatment
- Manual: 10 Signs Of an Alcoholic
- 5 Reasons Mormon Mothers are Turning to Pain Killer Pills
- The 7 Best Medical Apps You Need In Your LifeDid you ever think you could use your smartphone as a […]
- 5 Social Media Stocks to Buy NowAre you a complete newbie to investing? Start with the products and services you know and love. Here are the five hottest social media stocks to buy right now.
- 10 Reasons Why Everyone Should Own a MultimeterIf you are stocking up your toolkit, you shouldn't forget the multimeter! Check out this article for 10 reasons why everyone should own a multimeter!
- How to Store Your e-LiquidYou may think you’re a vaping expert. But […]
- Manual: 10 Signs Of an AlcoholicAre you wondering if you or someone you love is an […]
- 5 Reasons Mormon Mothers are Turning to Pain Killer PillsYou’ve heard about the continued Opioid Crisis […]
- Top 10 Tips for Your Nursing ResumeThe world needs more nurses like you, and you know it. […]
- 7 Meditation Techniques For Reducing Daily StressBattling stress can be made much easier by using the […]
You May Also Like…
- The 7 Best Writing Apps to Download in 2018
- 5 Training Tips for Student Pilots
- How to Start Your Online Boutique Today
- 7 Cloud Computing Trends You Need To Know In 2018
- 5 Unforgettable Things to Do in Clearwater Beach, Florida
- How to Choose the Right Essential Oil Diffuser
- Top 10 Best Downloadable Web Design Software
- 8 Tips for Digital Marketing for Construction Companies
- Top 10 Tips for Planning a Small Wedding
- 4 Helpful Dental Apps You Need to Know About
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Featured Articles
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Private Investigator
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion