Get the Most out of IEC 61850 Source Code
It doesn’t help much if you have access to a great tool but aren’t sure how to use it. 61850 source code is a super effective coding language when it comes to allowing automated systems to communicate with one another in electrical power substations.
It allows you to easily configure these complex electrical systems and make sure all of the components are working in harmony.
If you want to increase the efficiency of your substation’s automated systems and make your whole system run more smoothly, 61850 source code can help. Our toolkit has everything you need to get started.
What is the 61850 Source Code Used For?
When used correctly, 61850 source code is a concise, valuable coding language for configuring Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs). Intelligent Electronic Devices are microprocessor-based devices that are able to receive commands from a transmitter.
They control electronic equipment such as circuit breakers and transformers. The can also be used to control Remote Terminal Units (RTUs), metering devices, protocol translators and gateways, and protection, control, and switchgear.
Plus, 61850 source code can also be used to configure human machine interfaces.
61850 source code allows you to configure how these devices work within an automated system.
Through this source code, transmitters can send instructions to the IEDs, controlling their reactions.
Mapping Protocols With 61850 Source Code
The 61850 source code language can also be mapped to a number of protocols. Protocols are the rules and procedures that allow electronic devices to configure data and “speak” to each other.
Using these protocols, you can configure all the devices within your electrical system.
The current protocols that 61859 source code uses are;
- MMS (Manufacturing Message Specification)
- GOOSE (Generic Object Oriented Substation Event)
- SMV (Sampled Measured Values)
It can also be used alongside ANSI-C, C++, or .NET Components, increasing the flexibility of the language and the number of possible applications.
61850 Source Code’s Features
What makes 61850 source code so useful? Its many features set it apart as the best choice for managing electrical substations.
Multiple Device Connections
An IEC 61850 OPC Server allows connection with multiple devices simultaneously. This means you can truly manage your whole grid without needing to over-complicate your code. You can organize your system efficiently, without a great deal of overlap.
Every component in your electrical substation system can be split into logical nodes and modeled.
Using a server with 61850 source code also means you have great opportunities for data reporting.
Reporting schemes can be set up for reporting data in case of certain trigger events. You can customize these reporting schemes to suit your unique system.
Fast Event Transfer
61850 allows for the rapid transfer of events. This high-speed communication between your devices will ensure your system runs smoothly.
This source code is also useful for storing data about your system. The data that is generated and collected by the devices in your system can be stored and used later.
Now you know why 61850 source code is invaluable for running automated systems in electrical substations and beyond.
Use a toolkit to get started coding today!
- The Best Phone Apps For Cannabis Enthusiasts
- How to Find the Downloadable Information You Need on Office Trailers
- 5 Tips for Keeping Your Personal Data Protected
- Protecting Your Information: IT Cloud Solutions and Security
- How to Find the Right Digital Marketing AgencyYou don't want to hire just any company to handle your digital marketing needs. Here you'll discover how to find the right digital marketing agency.
- Top 10 Health and Wellness Lifestyle AppsTaking care of your mind and body should be a way of life in this fast-paced world. Check out our picks for the 10 best wellness lifestyle apps you need to try.
- 5 Investment Apps Every Investor Needs To DownloadWhether you're a new investor or a seasoned veteran, there are certain tools that will make your life easier. Here are 5 investment apps every investor needs.
- 5 Incredible Uses for CBD OilThe use of CBD oil is becoming more and more popular and with the rise in popularity has come the discovery of multiple amazing uses for the oil.
- 10 Smart Home Devices and Appliances That Will Change the Way You LiveSmart home devices and appliances are revolutionizing the way we live. Check out this article about 10 of these devices to give your home a major upgrade!
- 9 Tools You Need for Online Reputation ManagementIf you find managing your brand's online reputation important, then check out this guide. Here you'll find 9 essential tools for online reputation management.
- Is Honeyfund the Way to Honeymoon Savings?Asking wedding guests to help fund the honeymoon has become somewhat of a controversial topic. Find out if it's your pathway to honeymoon savings.
- What’s the Best Free CAD Software of 2018?Made a resolution to improve your CAD skills? The best part is that you don't have to pay a dime! Here is the best free CAD software of the new year.
- 5 Creative Marketing Ideas That Will Get Your Brand NoticedTo create an unforgettable brand for your target consumer, some creative marketing is needed. Check out this article for 5 ideas that will do just that!
- Top 5 Real Estate Coaching Programs OnlineHow do you go from being an agent into a six-figure real estate pro? You need serious real estate coaching. Here are the 5 best programs to advance your career.
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion