6 Tips for an Effective Digital Marketing Campaign
A Pew Research study found that 79% of U.S. adults have made an online purchase (that’s 8 out of 10 people)!
How does a business send a signal amongst all the noise?
A digital marketing campaign is quintessential to the growth and profitability of a business. These campaigns create awareness, drive site/app visitors, and lead to conversions. It’s a process — one that’s easy to learn & put in place but hard to master.
Want the low-down on an effective campaign? Read on.
The Digital Marketing Campaign: Six Must-Know Tips
The measurement of success (and effectiveness) of a digital marketing campaign depends on the end goals. These goals are A) sales, B) community engagement, and/or C) branding.
The following six tips will help move toward (and achieve) each of these goals:
1. Choose a Goal
There are the three goals (mentioned) but to have the campaign run successfully the goal needs to be specific.
- Increase sales by 2.5%
- Decrease chargebacks by 1.3%
- Grow social media following by 1,000 followers
That type of goal.
Defining the specific goal will allow for milestones to be set along with pairing the process to the valuable tools that will make it happen.
2. Refine the Audience Research & Selection
Who is the audience?
If it’s “anyone that’s willing to buy” then the campaign is off in the wrong direction. The audience needs a representation — a complete breakdown of their demographics, income, location, gender, age, and all other factors.
Build a customer avatar.
Once the type of individual is specified it then shifts to pairing the offer to touch on the points that make it interesting to these people. Push the benefits (not features) and help them visualize the value they gain from purchasing.
3. Develop the landing/sales page
The advertising and marketing will attract attention and get the click. Yet, if the person lands on a discombobulated page, something irrelevant, or there’s a disconnect between the ad and landing page then they’ll bounce.
The landing page needs to immediately grab their attention:
- A strong headline
- Visuals (videos work best)
- Bullet points to highlight the features
- Reviews and testimonials
The landing/sales page should do just one job: convince the person to buy.
Use examples of landing pages as a starting point for the development.
4. Deliver the Goods (on Popular Channels)
A digital marketing campaign is effective when it works off content or a “lead magnet”. This gives people something of value in exchange for their information and interest. It allows a follow-up to send extra marketing materials.
Push the campaign where customers flock:
- Social media
- Forums and online communities
- Popular websites
- News portals
5. Leverage the Tracking & Reporting
This one’s simple in theory but hard in practice… Track everything. Report and learn.
Use analytic tools to measure KPI’s such as clickthrough rates, conversions, and bounces. Condense the information into a report to create action steps on ways to improve these metrics.
Confused? Brush up on how to use Google Analytics.
6. Update the Campaign
Lastly, take all that has been learned and update the digital marketing campaign outlines and procedure. Improve one area at a time. This will create a cascading effect on how well the campaign runs and its ROI.
Once this has been done a few times it’s a matter of…
Rinse, Repeat, and Reap the Rewards
It will soon become clear which strategies are effective for the business. Time and finances are to be invested when a marketing campaign shows promise.
Actions that follow include:
- Using reports to refine the audience selection
- Expanding campaigns on larger platforms
- Leveraging the success to network and work with others
Find what works for the business, scale, grow, and repeat the process to reap the rewards.
- 6 Blogging Tools That Will Make Your Life Easier July 24, 2017
- 7 Social Media Management Tools You Should Be Using July 20, 2017
- 10 Unique Vinyl Siding Ideas for Your Home July 20, 2017
- Important Questions to Ask Your Injury Attorney July 18, 2017
- Credit Protection: Don’t Get Caught With Your Wallet Open July 18, 2017
- 3 Things to Absolutely Avoid Doing When Selling a House July 17, 2017
- Professional Drones: A Complete Buying Guide July 17, 2017
- Everything You Need to Know About Advertising on Snapchat July 16, 2017
- How Do Bail Bonds Work? (Find Out Before You Need It) July 13, 2017
- 5 Social Media Trends to Look out for in 2017 July 12, 2017
- Business and Finance
- Clothing and Accessories
- Computers and Internet
- Cyber Security
- Digital Downloads
- DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Food and Drinks
- Gadgets and Gizmos
- General Knowledge
- Home Improvement
- How To's
- Online Business
- Pets and Animals
- Politics and Government
- Real Estate
- Religion and Faith
- Self Improvement
- Social Media
- Sports and Recreation
- Travel and Leisure
- Web Design and Development
- Website Promotion